Spectral Grasp needs buffing

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Skills are meant to be unique and we won't see a copy of a specific skill on multiple classes.

Spectral Grasp has different utility than Into the Void and it's strong for what it is meant to do.

I don't even think it should home, as that would be overpowered regarding what else the skill does. It's not like it has to be used at 1200 range. Even in melee it's a 5 target knockdown, that applies chill and grants a huge amount of Life Force. I never use it at range, but to keep and cc targets at 0 - 600 range where it's almost impossible to dodge.

> @"Timarius.2895" said:

> From the wiki "This skill fires an arcing, non-homing projectile at up to five different foes within 1200 range - inflicting chill and pulling them to the caster on contact."

>

> Just make at least the main target one homing.

That would be nice.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> Eh spectral grasp has its uses due to the potentially huge amount of LF it grants as well as the chill. I am ok with it being a projectile. I'd rather them make the skill treat elevation a bit better than just straight up ignoring it.

This too. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve missed it because that, despite being in range.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Skills are meant to be unique and we won't see a copy of a specific skill on multiple classes.

>

> Spectral Grasp has different utility than Into the Void and it's strong for what it is meant to do.

>

> I don't even think it should home, as that would be overpowered regarding what else the skill does. It's not like it has to be used at 1200 range. Even in melee it's a 5 target knockdown, that applies chill and grants a huge amount of Life Force. I never use it at range, but to keep and cc targets at 0 - 600 range where it's almost impossible to dodge.

That’s some good advice. Maybe I’ll start using it more at closer ranges.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> You're acting like Spectral Grasp has been singled out here. Into the Void is pretty unique when it comes to wall pulling, since it is the only real reliable pull to do so. I'm not talking about pulling people who stand on the edge, but rather those at the back of the wall.

Re-read the OP please.

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"Timarius.2895" said:

> > From the wiki "This skill fires an arcing, non-homing projectile at up to five different foes within 1200 range - inflicting chill and pulling them to the caster on contact."

> >

> > Just make at least the main target one homing.

>

> That would be nice.

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > Eh spectral grasp has its uses due to the potentially huge amount of LF it grants as well as the chill. I am ok with it being a projectile. I'd rather them make the skill treat elevation a bit better than just straight up ignoring it.

>

> This too. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve missed it because that, despite being in range.

>

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > Skills are meant to be unique and we won't see a copy of a specific skill on multiple classes.

> >

> > Spectral Grasp has different utility than Into the Void and it's strong for what it is meant to do.

> >

> > I don't even think it should home, as that would be overpowered regarding what else the skill does. It's not like it has to be used at 1200 range. Even in melee it's a 5 target knockdown, that applies chill and grants a huge amount of Life Force. I never use it at range, but to keep and cc targets at 0 - 600 range where it's almost impossible to dodge.

>

> That’s some good advice. Maybe I’ll start using it more at closer ranges.

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > You're acting like Spectral Grasp has been singled out here. Into the Void is pretty unique when it comes to wall pulling, since it is the only real reliable pull to do so. I'm not talking about pulling people who stand on the edge, but rather those at the back of the wall.

>

> Re-read the OP please.

In that case. Because that would also be silly. Into the Void is a good pull for walls, and for pve to pull mobs into a ball (and in wvw too), but it sucks a personal pull. In a small scale situation, all other pulls are far superior to it, and I would not want to lose that.

The thing is, at least they could rework it, so that enemies hit by the skill will be guaranteed to be pulled all the way or make the pull way faster.

Right now, using a stunbreak will interrupt the pull.

Auto-stunbreaks will interrupt it.

I mean. The skill is so predictable and visible, that this would be really nice.

But I guess that's not done due to zergfights, and their mass of visual noice

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > 5 targets 1200 range.. dunno

>

> Let me clarify it. The way it works when pulling people off the walls in WvW.

>

Arching projectiles are just bad for this game generally any arcing projectile with a slow speed is very inaccurate. You would be able to pull people off walls with ease if the projectile was a bit faster in terms of velocity.

Besides from buffing it, they need to fix the problems I've been seeing. I had numerous "obstructed" because the enemy is a couple feet higher than me on a slope and "out of range" even when the enemy is around 600 range. It's also annoying when the enemy you're trying to pull off the wall is "obstructed" even though they're near the edge and we can easily see them in first person view.

Another bad thing about spectral grasp:

I was playing a little bit of support scourge last evening. For sloth and mathias it's pretty decent.

So at sloth I wanted to help my chronos by pulling the adds towards the group.

Guess what happened. It almost never pulled 5 targets, sometimes it didn't even pull one.

Especially if you are standing inside the boss, every projectile will be hitting the boss.

Which has to be a bug right?

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Another bad thing about spectral grasp:

>

> I was playing a little bit of support scourge last evening. For sloth and mathias it's pretty decent.

>

> So at sloth I wanted to help my chronos by pulling the adds towards the group.

>

> Guess what happened. It almost never pulled 5 targets, sometimes it didn't even pull one.

>

> Especially if you are standing inside the boss, every projectile will be hitting the boss.

> Which has to be a bug right?

No, basically what happened is that you cast the spell. The projectiles fly out and gets blocked by the boss so all 5 hits the boss.

Is consistent with how projectile works in the game. Guardian's binding blade for example can all hit 1 target if there are 5 targets nearby and you stand in the hitbox.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> The thing is, at least they could rework it, so that enemies hit by the skill will be guaranteed to be pulled all the way or make the pull way faster.

> Right now, using a stunbreak will interrupt the pull.

> Auto-stunbreaks will interrupt it.

>

> I mean. The skill is so predictable and visible, that this would be really nice.

>

> But I guess that's not done due to zergfights, and their mass of visual noice

That's exactly what a stun break is supposed to do.

unfortunately spectral grasp years ago was able to pull people regardless of line of sight, but it was patched to make it require you to be able to see your target to pull them. unlike mesmers [Temporal Curtain > into the void] which is a placement skill where you set something down and then activate it, this is why their pull works better then the necromancers spectral grasp.