Opinion on Outfits

Swing.6439

I agree @"Liewec.2896" , I would have enjoyed more release of armor sets, because you can mix & match and create cool combination. Outfits are for me the laziest solution for adding armor... = 1 suit to design, restrictive, and no option to mix, whereas they could have released more desert themed armors with ribons, technological ones and even excentric ones, all of that mix-able. Don't be blind it's just another way to make money just like transmutation charge: "don't want outfits? They buy transmut charges."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like outfits because My light and medium can wear armor, and my heavies can dabble in some light and medium garb.

I like outfits because I can grab a different look without using transmutation things.

I do wish though, that we could hide shoulders. Some of those things are, well, err, the artist of most of them must have bald characters and is enamored of the broad-shouldered look.

I do wish also that we could wear our own choice of headwear with the outfits...things like glasses, the new dragon eye set, and, oh kitten, some people may want to wear a Quaggon hat with their finery.

Hmm..yes, we did have armor in the cash shop. Remind me if I am wrong, but each character on the account had to buy, from the gem store, their own set of armor.

I wonder how profitable this was. I am guessing not very.

Then came the wardrobe

And they stopped with the armor.

They should make an armor set and put it to sell in the gemstore as an experiment....see how many people buy it.

Just a pre-coffee musing.

Lisa.

I'm not opposed to outfits, and they do have some advantages (i.e. they can be used by any armour class, and you don't have to spend transmutation charges to use them). However, I prefer them for clothing rather than armour, and in practice, this means that I've never bought any outfits, and the only one I use is the Common Clothing Outfit. The other Town Clothes Outfits don't appeal to me because they don't change depending on race like the Common Clothing one - I mostly play as Charr or Asura and I don't like them wearing Human-style clothes. I know the Wedding and Cook's Outfits change depending on race too, but my characters never attend weddings or do any cooking*. What I'd really like is some outfits like the cultural ones worn by NPCs - things like the Norn [shaman](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/88/Valharantha.jpg "shaman") [robes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/74/Havroun_Weibe.jpg "robes"), [black Citadel NPCs](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/07/CulturePaletteCharrNPCs_-_Render.jpg "Black Citadel NPCs"), [Astralarium scholars](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/d3/Scholar_Fatima.jpg "Astralarium scholars"), and so on.

*Ok, so one of my characters has the Chef crafting discipline, but I only got to about crafting level 20 before I got bored of it.

Don't have very many outfits. Only bought one or two (on sale). The rest came from in game from somewhere. Never use them.

Some the outfits look cool and ANET has some very talented artists but I come up with better looks than they do. Just by mixing and matching the various armor available in the game and using the appropriate dye combinations.

If ANET wants some tips on how to improve their art style they can contact me. I'm not cheap though.

I Hate and Love Outfits.

Hate - That they are one piece.. and cannot be mixed and matched between armours and OR other outfits. This is because of how they are made (That is my understanding as to why). I Do not like looking like other people on average. I like trying to find a unique look hence why I rarely ever go for complete sets (Hellfire is a main exception due to the rarity and achievement of having a complete set).

Love - Generally.. I do like how outfits look and have no issue with how they look.. Hell, Id even use tons of outfits we was able to mix n match. But the hate is overwhelming compared to the like.

This is why I get annoyed when Anet only brings out Boots, Gloves, shoulders and helms and never chest or leggings.. Yes, I know they're harder to work than the other minor ones.. but incomplete sets are just lazy.. I'm sorry.. But they are.

Here's hoping for some of the sets to be completed as armours :)

> @"Ariurotl.3718" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > I like outfits, although I fully believe that nearly every outfit headpiece should also come as a stand-alone armour skin because why not.

>

> I made it a personal project to wear ANet down until they give in and release the Inquest Exo-Suit Outfit headpiece as a separate item. Now I don't know much about programming or design, but I absolutely refuse to believe that it's particularly difficult to turn a headpiece that's located miles away from any other piece of armor and can't really clip through anything at all into an armor piece. Take my gems already.

I think it would be really easy, because it's already set up that the headpiece can be hidden, so it's clearly some sort of separate piece from the rest at least in that way.

I really want braham's wolfblood outfit helmet as a standalone.

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Been asked and answered several times over the years; some players enjoy them, and some do not.

>

> doesn't seem like player opinion even matters. ANet will do what ANet does. Bet they change it later :)

I bet the income from outfits tells them the true player opinion. They wouldn’t be making so many if they weren’t profitable.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Been asked and answered several times over the years; some players enjoy them, and some do not.

> >

> > doesn't seem like player opinion even matters. ANet will do what ANet does. Bet they change it later :)

>

> I bet the income from outfits tells them the true player opinion. They wouldn’t be making so many if they weren’t profitable.

You will find there is always and I mean always someone to buy anything you are selling in video games even if what is being sold is not worth it or a scam or lame.

You are very right in that profit is driving this profit business. Hell it drives the non-profit I work for to a large degree they just use the other word and do a few tiny things to met the requirement other than that there is no difference.

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > Been asked and answered several times over the years; some players enjoy them, and some do not.

> > >

> > > doesn't seem like player opinion even matters. ANet will do what ANet does. Bet they change it later :)

> >

> > I bet the income from outfits tells them the true player opinion. They wouldn’t be making so many if they weren’t profitable.

>

> You will find there is always and I mean always someone to buy anything you are selling in video games even if what is being sold is not worth it or a scam or lame.

>

> You are very right in that profit is driving this profit business. Hell it drives the non-profit I work for to a large degree they just use the other word and do a few tiny things to met the requirement other than that there is no difference.

I know when I’m standing in a crowd of people it’s not unusual at all to see others wearing an outfit. In any case, like any other item that a business produces you can get an idea how well a cosmetic like this sells by how often the business makes new versions. They seem to be pushing new outfits out at a reasonably fast pace, which shows they are at minimum selling at the numbers and profit they expect. Keeping in mind that the time the artists spend on outfits is time that they are not spending working on other gemstore items, that means outfits are at least as profitable as the other gemstore items they could be spending the time designing and selling.

I like the concept, the option to easily switch into something fitting for the task at hand. Like the Arctic Explorer outfit for Bitterfrost, the Jungle Explorer one for HoT, etc.

Sadly the purpose is defeated with aplomb by the need to remember down and reapply the dyes. I've been kittening forever for an overhaul, save dyes per outfit and character.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > Been asked and answered several times over the years; some players enjoy them, and some do not.

> > > >

> > > > doesn't seem like player opinion even matters. ANet will do what ANet does. Bet they change it later :)

> > >

> > > I bet the income from outfits tells them the true player opinion. They wouldn’t be making so many if they weren’t profitable.

> >

> > You will find there is always and I mean always someone to buy anything you are selling in video games even if what is being sold is not worth it or a scam or lame.

> >

> > You are very right in that profit is driving this profit business. Hell it drives the non-profit I work for to a large degree they just use the other word and do a few tiny things to met the requirement other than that there is no difference.

>

> I know when I’m standing in a crowd of people it’s not unusual at all to see others wearing an outfit. In any case, like any other item that a business produces you can get an idea how well a cosmetic like this sells by how often the business makes new versions. They seem to be pushing new outfits out at a reasonably fast pace, which shows they are at minimum selling at the numbers and profit they expect. Keeping in mind that the time the artists spend on outfits is time that they are not spending working on other gemstore items, that means outfits are at least as profitable as the other gemstore items they could be spending the time designing and selling.

>

I have bought zero but have the three you could have at this point I think for (sort of) free.

I like them though and if had money to torch would buy more. I generally only buy things that also provide function not just looks.

They can go to hell for all i care, so much wasted potential, especially in a game where fashion is part of endgame. A lot of them would open some seriosly creative mix and matching or just "fixing" parts of it that are not liked by some people ( removing shoulders, wearing glasses as helmets ,etc) but it isnt like a-net gonna change their stance on it. Whelp... cya in 9 months for the next armor set, elegy and requiem where seriosly nice.