the death-branded shatterer

gashen.3874

I am on the final leg of acquiring the requiem armour set [ the chest piece ]. I need the mist-entangled item which you get from completing the death-branded shatterer event.

I have finished this event twice but no drop. this is stopping me from completing the requiem armour set.

any help os advice would be gratefully accepted.

It’s 100%. The caveat being it’s in the daily chest for the boss, and you have to be on this specific step in the achievement for it to drop.

I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug). So if you’ve done either today (killed the Death Brand before this achievement step was reached, or killed the Regular Shatterer), you’ll have to wait until daily reset to kill the Death Branded Shatterer.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

#needs-more-testing

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

>

> #needs-more-testing

>

I concur. I haven’t killed the regular Shatterer for SO long so not witnessed this bug myself.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

>

> #needs-more-testing

>

What new infusion?

And no it’s no bug, achievement says kill a shatterer not which, which means you can choose which you wanna kill I guess. It’s a guaranteed drop but you have to be at the very step as others have said before

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> > I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

> >

> > #needs-more-testing

> >

>

> What new infusion?

> And no it’s no bug, achievement says kill a shatterer not which, which means you can choose which you wanna kill I guess. It’s a guaranteed drop but you have to be at the very step as others have said before

One that makes your skin look branded.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> > > I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

> > >

> > > #needs-more-testing

> > >

> >

> > What new infusion?

> > And no it’s no bug, achievement says kill a shatterer not which, which means you can choose which you wanna kill I guess. It’s a guaranteed drop but you have to be at the very step as others have said before

>

> One that makes your skin look branded.

Whuttt anyone got a preview and is it purchasable on TP? (Then again not like I could ever afford it :D)

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> > I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

> >

> > #needs-more-testing

> >

>

> And no it’s no bug, achievement says kill a shatterer not which, which means you can choose which you wanna kill I guess.

It's ambiguous, at worst.

Regardless, the issue raised is about getting _any_ loot at all, not about if a certain item drops. This is about the loot in the ground chest at the end of the fight. It should drop once per day, per account (if not per character). And some people think they haven't got it at all, even though the only boss they killed was different (the non-death-branded, original shatterer).

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Infusion_of_Power

> > Nvm found it on wiki and it’s ugly af, luckily otherwise I would be sad that I couldn’t afford it

>

> It looks like purple cheese...

Oh my goodness! That is truly awful.

What were the designers thinking of when they created it? Still, lots of folks will still want it so it's bound to skyrocket on the TP.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> > > > I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

> > > >

> > > > #needs-more-testing

> > > >

> > >

> > > What new infusion?

> > > And no it’s no bug, achievement says kill a shatterer not which, which means you can choose which you wanna kill I guess. It’s a guaranteed drop but you have to be at the very step as others have said before

> >

> > One that makes your skin look branded.

> Whuttt anyone got a preview and is it purchasable on TP? (Then again not like I could ever afford it :D)

>

I am toying with using or selling mine.. chances of me getting a second one are slim to never I think... might decide to give someone an early Halloween gift for that current 5.4K offer on the TP …. maybe not :)

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > > I also read, the World Boss Shatterer shares its daily loot reward with the death branded shatterer (most likely a bug).

> > > > > I read that too, but I'm skeptical: unless the new infusion also drops from the Shatterer, the Branded Shatterer (the new world boss) has a different loot table. So it could be some other mechanic that caused some people to miss out on the loot.

> > > > >

> > > > > #needs-more-testing

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What new infusion?

> > > > And no it’s no bug, achievement says kill a shatterer not which, which means you can choose which you wanna kill I guess. It’s a guaranteed drop but you have to be at the very step as others have said before

> > >

> > > One that makes your skin look branded.

> > Whuttt anyone got a preview and is it purchasable on TP? (Then again not like I could ever afford it :D)

> >

> I am toying with using or selling mine.. chances of me getting a second one are slim to never I think... might decide to give someone an early Halloween gift for that current 5.4K offer on the TP …. maybe not :)

>

Sell it, you can do so freaking much with all this gold!! Of course if you like it use it but in the end it’s just an infusion you know? You could craft/buy several legendaries with this gold, get basically anything you want from the gemshop or get multiple skins or w/e to me it would be more worth it to get several items instead of just this one infusion which isn’t visible in pvp and can only be used by 1 character at a time. However you can use it and if you get tired of it or don’t like it at all you can still sell it, that’s the good thing about infusions.

Gz on your drop ^^

> > @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > Just found a video of the new infusion, well doesn't look much better than in the picture on the wiki imo.

> >

>

> Eeek that's pushing nearer and nearer to selling mine, not sure I like the look of it if I am honest, might just be the poor quality video though :)

Now I remember what that reminds me of: Violet Beauregarde (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) after she consumes the Blueberry Pie gum:

[charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy!](http://charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy! "charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy!")

Ooompa loompa loopidy doo, I've got another cash grab for you......

> @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > > Just found a video of the new infusion, well doesn't look much better than in the picture on the wiki imo.

> > >

> >

> > Eeek that's pushing nearer and nearer to selling mine, not sure I like the look of it if I am honest, might just be the poor quality video though :)

>

> Now I remember what that reminds me of: Violet Beauregarde (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) after she consumes the Blueberry Pie gum:

>

> [charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy!](http://charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy! "charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy!")

>

> Ooompa loompa loopidy doo, I've got another cash grab for you......

haha.. I think that's harsh.. if memory serves me well from watching the film with my kids she blew up to a ginormous blueberry... that toon in the video looks more like someone who fell into the jokers paint pool in suicide squad and came out purple with a craving for KFC and McD's (at the same time) - hardly a comparable size... but the video is a little poor to tell with any certainty :)

> > @"Doo Lally.8594" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > > > Just found a video of the new infusion, well doesn't look much better than in the picture on the wiki imo.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Eeek that's pushing nearer and nearer to selling mine, not sure I like the look of it if I am honest, might just be the poor quality video though :)

> >

> > Now I remember what that reminds me of: Violet Beauregarde (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) after she consumes the Blueberry Pie gum:

> >

> > [charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy!](http://charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy! "charlieandthechocolatefactorythemusical.wikia.com/wiki/Juicy!")

> >

> > Ooompa loompa loopidy doo, I've got another cash grab for you......

>

> haha.. I think that's harsh.. if memory serves me well from watching the film with my kids she blew up to a ginormous blueberry... that toon in the video looks more like someone who fell into the jokers paint pool in suicide squad and came out purple with a craving for KFC and McD's (at the same time) - hardly a comparable size... but the video is a little poor to tell with any certainty :)

Lol - yes, I'm being a tad cynical.

Still, I've got to say that the designers made this much fuglier than it ought to be. Some of the other infusions are subtle or complimentary. This just makes the user look like a walking Jello.

Grats on the drop btw - take the cash and run.