S4E5 Legendary Longbow

Zaraki.5784

Embrace the hippie bow! Make it your own! Make every lilac-scented arrow feel like the red-hot torch of MANLINESS through your sheer MASCULINITY alone! Mercilessly destroy your enemies, bathe in their blood, hear the lamentations of their women...with FLOWER POWER!

(...ahem. I, too, want an awesome longbow. Kudzu's nice and all...I guess...but thematically it doesn't work for a lot of class/race combinations.)

Edit: I spelled hippie wrong. And I call myself an editor...

I do love the Kudzu. Years ago, I saw a toon running by, who was letting flowers prints on the ground. I ran after the guy to check what was happening. At this occasion, I did discover about legendary weapons. The Kudzu alone made me start crafting such weapons. By now, I have 6 and the Kudzu remains my preferred one. :3

Now I agree that the Kudzu design is all soft colors and flowers (not as much "girly" as the Dreamer though...), so not adapted for someone who prefer a style close to "Black Citadel design". Therefore, I believe that yes, it would probably be good if the next longbow is of a completely different type.

On the other hand, when can we get a "girly" hammer? :p

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > I'm not sure if I want a serious longbow; a bow that shoots swords, or something of that sort, would be fine with me.

>

> I think there are already plenty of not-so-serious items available, so with all respect, I think a more serious longbow is in order.

to be honest i think each legendary should have a serious and not so serious version. Since i guess Kudzu is the joke version(i dont see how but whatever its not my opinion) another serious one should indeed be warranted.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > I'm not sure if I want a serious longbow; a bow that shoots swords, or something of that sort, would be fine with me.

>

> I think there are already plenty of not-so-serious items available, so with all respect, I think a more serious longbow is in order.

Considering the theme of GW2, and how a large portion of the story revolves around magical trees, I would argue Kudzu a serious longbow. It wouldn't be the first mythical tree weapon in-cannon (*cough* caladbulge *cough*)

Just because it doesn't fit your specific theme or have an edgy black paint job doesn't make it any less serious.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > I'm not sure if I want a serious longbow; a bow that shoots swords, or something of that sort, would be fine with me.

> >

> > I think there are already plenty of not-so-serious items available, so with all respect, I think a more serious longbow is in order.

>

> Considering the theme of GW2, and how a large portion of the story revolves around magical trees, I would argue Kudzu a serious longbow. It wouldn't be the first mythical tree weapon in-cannon (*cough* caladbulge *cough*)

>

> Just because it doesn't fit your specific theme or have an edgy black paint job doesn't make it any less serious.

Well it's not a joke bow like the dreamer, but that's a short bow of course. Of course I was more replying to your idea of a bow that shoots swords rather than rainbows and that's not very serious to me. Neither are pink flowers for that matter and Kudzu is for a large part exactly that.

You seem to think that there is some agreed objective definition of what's serious or not and well, that's an illusion. We all have different ideas about what serious is, so try not to act like your version of serious is more objective than mine.

The point is that weapons with flowers are not very serious to me. I do not take them seriously. I associate flowers with beauty and peace, not war and death. I'm sure there are some deadly flowers that people can list, but as far as aesthetics go, going to war and killing enemies is not something I associate with flowers or rainbows for that matter.

So that's why Kudzu doesn't work for me. I appreciate that there are people who love that skin and I am totally fine with that. It just doesn't appeal to me and for a longbow skin to appeal to me it needs to be more serious (so no jokes and flowery stuff etc.) and not so over-the-top ridiculous in design like the bulky skins that are out there. It needs to radiate elegance and power for me to be cool.

Will I get what I want? No idea. So far GW2's track record is not encouraging and so we'll have to see. It's not like I'm trying to force anybody to do what I want, but I'll be sure to make clear what it is that would interest me. That's all I can do. I'll leave the semantics game about what is or isn't serious to you.