Engineer movement speed buff?

Sarpan.9074

There is the streamlined kits trait in Tools. It only works for core engineer and Scrapper because it requires you to use kits in order to get the swiftness. It's great when used with alchemy for the increased concentration or boon duration because swapping to a kit the moment that icon appears and you can achieve more than a minute of swiftness. Tool Kit gives you super speed which is also great in combat.

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mecha_Legs

>

> Yeah, then there's this trait. I almost forgot it existed, since mounts have pretty much made it redundant as far as I'm concerned. If I'm running dungeons/fractals, I'll just ask people to wait, or use Photonforge 2 to jump.

Even for fractals and raids or even dungeons Inventions isn't needed just for Mecha Legs. Streamlined Kits works better with core condition engineer, but more importantly you gain more from that single trait than what Mecha Legs has to offer.

I use Holo with 1 kit and Streamlined Kits (No matter my build, I'm sure I'll use Streamlined Kits anyway).

If you are fully into movement, then also equip Rocket Boots and Gadgeteer. This will give you one of the most amazing movement tools in the entire game. Just try it.

Rifle 5 is a very versatile targeted leap, one of the best tools for jumping puzzles. It doesn't truly give more speed than just running, but is still a good disengage option, and it can cross over rifts, unlike most teleports.

If you still think it's not enough, also take Elixir Gun. The acid bomb includes a powerful backwards jump. Savvy people learns to instantly change the direction the character is facing so they can use acid bomb leap as a speed boost while running. It requires skill and therefore is even more awesome. Also the damage is fabulous.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> I use Holo with 1 kit and Streamlined Kits (No matter my build, I'm sure I'll use Streamlined Kits anyway).

> If you are fully into movement, then also equip Rocket Boots and Gadgeteer. This will give you one of the most amazing movement tools in the entire game. Just try it.

> Rifle 5 is a very versatile targeted leap, one of the best tools for jumping puzzles. It doesn't truly give more speed than just running, but is still a good disengage option, and it can cross over rifts, unlike most teleports.

> If you still think it's not enough, also take Elixir Gun. The acid bomb includes a powerful backwards jump. Savvy people learns to instantly change the direction the character is facing so they can use acid bomb leap as a speed boost while running. It requires skill and therefore is even more awesome. Also the damage is fabulous.

Also, there are a few cancels that you can exploit to avoid aftercasts:

* Rifle 5, then cancel it mid-air on any downslope to preserve momentum and get you a bit farther without stopping for the landing portion.

* Rocket Boots, then cancel it near the end by swapping to streamlined-kits traited toolkit. This gets you superspeed without the slight aftercast of rocket boots' landing. However, you'll be using your streamlined kits superspeed and will miss your gadgeteer superspeed if you've got that traited. Letting RB finish, then swapping to TK afterward will get you 4s of superspeed total, but will stop you at the end of RB very briefly.

Oh, and if you're on scrapper, you can drop the lightning field and use a bunch of blasts to stack swiftness. That's hard-mode though. Good luck pulling it off in the middle of a fight.