Looking for advice on a duo-comp for Fractals

Hey fellas. I recently returned to the game with a friend and we're looking into making new characters that synergize well in Fractals and have a large impact on the run's success. Ideally, it'd be a duo that could almost carry if well played.

From research it seems that one of the picks would be Chronomancer (though I might be wrong) but what about the second?

In general the advice of warrior+druid is the safest bet atm until a completely new meta is found (and established).

That said, it is unsure if chrono will drop out since it's the only option for alacrity and quickness on 1 slot, which is significant party composition wise when limited to 5 people.

Firebrand support might be interesting to look at when PUGing but lacks alacrity while providing a ton of sustain with decent damage (for a support).

Damage dealers when played well are a safe bet (even weaver/tempest were fine after nerfs) if played well since a well played damage dealer even if not meta will cut down time on fights

Warrior and druid remain strong picks due to their unique roles and support performance in a 5 man group.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> In general the advice of warrior+druid is the safest bet atm until a completely new meta is found (and established).

>

> That said, it is unsure if chrono will drop out since it's the only option for alacrity and quickness on 1 slot, which is significant party composition wise when limited to 5 people.

>

> Firebrand support might be interesting to look at when PUGing but lacks alacrity while providing a ton of sustain with decent damage (for a support).

>

> Damage dealers when played well are a safe bet (even weaver/tempest were fine after nerfs) if played well since a well played damage dealer even if not meta will cut down time on fights

>

> Warrior and druid remain strong picks due to their unique roles and support performance in a 5 man group.

druid isn't meta for fractals and wasn't before. its like saying scourge heal is meta lul

Ofc druid is meta for fractals due to 25 might and fury he generates. Spirits as well ofc.

And chrono is still the safe bet for fractals, it Will get New rotation, but boons is not everything it brings. Imagine all the skips it does, all the mobs that were pulled by Focus 4,etc.

+ fractals depends mainly on bursts, and thats what chrono is still offering

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > In general the advice of warrior+druid is the safest bet atm until a completely new meta is found (and established).

> >

> > That said, it is unsure if chrono will drop out since it's the only option for alacrity and quickness on 1 slot, which is significant party composition wise when limited to 5 people.

> >

> > Firebrand support might be interesting to look at when PUGing but lacks alacrity while providing a ton of sustain with decent damage (for a support).

> >

> > Damage dealers when played well are a safe bet (even weaver/tempest were fine after nerfs) if played well since a well played damage dealer even if not meta will cut down time on fights

> >

> > Warrior and druid remain strong picks due to their unique roles and support performance in a 5 man group.

>

> druid isn't meta for fractals and wasn't before. its like saying scourge heal is meta lul

Druid was and is meta for PUG groups and not as good static groups. It most definately is meta for people who want to carry T4 and have to ask which classes they should play.

Know your audience.

Since chrono nerf ive been playing firebrand/chrono and dropping druid, with a dps soulbeast for spirits. I dont know if it could be meta but it certainly works well. For that reason alone id be cautious with saying druid is 100% safe until new meta settles.

Chrono may even be replaced by renegade, who knows.

• 1 month later...

doesn't matter the chrono nerf, you can't take away their spots for boon pumping position.

i have both chrono and druid and i'd totally recommend you and your friend to have those 2 classes as many other players would do the same.

then you can lfg for the rest of dps and doesn't matter how bad they do, they should make it till the end cuz healing and boon support carry.

for whoever says druid is not good for static. i run with a few static before that run 4 dps and a chrono heal. honestly the ones with druid perform better in term of speed clear. you have at least 5% more damage from spirit. at the very least. depend on what utilities the druid is using, it could be more more. it's also smoother for harder fractals with terrible instabilities, you'll just pull out heal straight away. but it's just my 2 cents.

I absolutely prefer support Firebrand over Druid for Fractals (CM's) at this point.

Harrier FB with Altruism Runes can do 25 Might and perma Fury, as well as almost perma every other boon aside from Vigor (some uptime) and Alacrity, although perma quickness requires a build alteration I wouldn't run for CM's, and you have a Chrono anyway for that still. Would work with a Renegade doing Alacrity though.

For content like Recs, you can just go FB + 4 DPS/3DPS; 1BS and still have all the important boons, with fights being to short for Alacrity to really matter anyway.

The Aegis and Stability spam makes especially 100 CM just so much more pleasant, as well as frequent reflects.

Although people aren't used to it yet for the most part playing with Druids for so long and still dodge a lot when they don't have to, a good FB support allows you to avoid most mechanics and just stand there to DPS, increasing DPS uptime.

That coupled with Signet Sharing Bane Signet, which is not only a good CC but another 216 Power buff with almost 50% uptime, easily compensates for the Damage buffs you lose compared to Druid, and with a Slb DPS taking Frost Spirit, it's just flat out superior imo.

So if you duo as FB + Chrono, it's pretty hard to fail and your DPS's/BS have to be insanely incompetent to make that happen.

If you are looking at advanced high KP groups, I would say go Minstrel Chrono and either BS or dps Soulbeast as duo.

It's more risk when pugging, but has the potential to be very fast.

I would suggest Chrono + Dps instead if the suggested double support.

You still need damage to do things and pugs especially in low level fractals and no cm groups don't know how to play dps.

It doesn't even matter if both of you play support perfectly if your dps monkeys have no clue how to play which will happen a lot.

Something like Chrono weaver, Chrono soulbeast or chrono dragonhunter works really well.

Druid in fractals 5-man compo is a drag. Chrono DPS is often low because they focus on support, and they're right, but adding a second support/healer class ... It's worst when the war can't past the >10K, you have 3 classes who do 25% of the DPS together.

Play it berserker with runes of strengh, or play soulbeast.

If you want a dedicated healer, for 5 man and for fractals : FB and scourge are very very strong. Scourge is easier with newbies : more range, strong barriers, better rally, FB gives strong regen and better heals, + a lot of aegis, stab, anti-projectiles, perma quickness, perma fury but mantra and tomes are akwards, people need to pack.

Otherwise :

Harrier Chrono with wells and mantras + War/SpB :+1:

Fresh air Tempest, dps/support renegade, are good too in PUG if you're looking for more "versatile" classes.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Druid in fractals 5-man compo is a drag.

Sry mate but it's not. If you play the standard pug group and not aiming for very fast runs and static speed kills the common "chrono - druid - banner - 2 dps" is more than enough to be efficient, not only effective! This composition will save the survival of the group and guarantee enough damage to not wipe on too may repeatable mechanics provided that every player knows what he is doing (but even if you have 1 slacker on the dps side bosses will melt fast in T4s - even in CMs where I've had a lot of single dudes being a burden to the team in the past).

It's all depending on player skill since a bad FB or scourge also won't be able to carry.

As somebody who pugs a lot in CMS+t4 with a friend here is what we found out. I would suggest 2/3 options:

1. DPS; a high DPS pug is a happy pug. Bringing meta DPS to fractals alow you to skip most mechanics, it's easier/saver to burst through boss with bad support then being OP support and taking forever because of DPS.

2. That being said we enjoy a combo of Chrono/firebrand. Insane boon uptime, over the top heals will guarantee smooth sailing. An other option would be bs/Chrono to make sure you never miss a cc phase.