[SUGGESTION] ability to use gender specific armours for the opposite gender

So I've got a mesmer character (Called Twink R Belle, if you catch my drift...) who I've had to make female purely for the purpose of putting him in a female armour :( This is very sad. Twink R Belle is a kween!

Please could it be changed so that both female and male characters are able to have hairstyles and armours from both?

Anyone else have this problem?

This is almost certainly one of those things that sounds easy to do, but is probably not because the original developers probably hard-coded gender into the skin system. It won't be a simple toggle to turn on|off at will.

I don't have any opinion about whether it's beneficial for the game or not. Incidentally, see the GW1 wiki; [there's at least one accidental example](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Terrik_zu_Heltzer).

@Illconceived, that is something I hadn't really thought about... to me it seemed like it should be a simple adjustment, but then I don't know anything about coding.

I'm not concerned on the naked character chest front - I'm all for free the nipple. One rule for all genders! and I don't know about the impossibility based on physique - there are some outfits that wouldn't be affected anyway, but the build of a character can easily fit different genders - you can make a character that is slim or muscular, short or tall, large breasted or small. If armours can fit around this, I assume it wouldn't make much difference per gender.

Thanks for the responses!