Condi Mirage Feedback [Merged]

Ovark.2514

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > Id say its extremely weird for someone to get upset by that but this is the pvp subsection so I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

> >

> > It wasn't you who got temporarily banned from forums a couple of weeks ago or last week?

> >

>

> I'm too blunt sometimes and a bit of an kitten.. Im also Australian and jokes can be taken the wrong way.

> Ontop of that, even though I speak for myself and from my own perspective, some people get defensive for no reason or aggressive and my kitten Australian personality kicks in and decides to stir the pot for a laugh... I rightfully get banned frequently for this and Im sure most devs could confirm that for you.

>

> I've sadly been around a while but only a few users here such as Crab can see it for what it is, a bit of fun..

>

> In this case, @"mortrialus.3062" usually doesn't respond in such a manner which is why I was shocked and left my last comment, for all I know he was in a previous heated engagement with someone.

I'm personally very bitter about the Portal nerf in particular because I feel it was the opposite direction the balance team should have taken mesmers. Mesmers of all stripes should be winning games through their unique one of a kind team utility and ability to control enemies not through just slamming people with brick walls of condi so post Portal nerf I paid very close attention to how I saw other people using it and the answer was I haven't seen others using it at all post nerf.

Also a big reason why Mesmers seemed to explode in deadliness last balance patch is because with Portal no longer a good choice freed up Mirages. Blink is still mandatory, and now Mirage can pick two of the following three: Illusionary Ambush, Signet of Midnight, or Arcane Thievery, becoming far more individually deadly in the process.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > @"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:

> > > > > > I'm getting sick of seeing 2 mirages on all my teams and enemy teams, theres 10 player slots in a match and 4 of them in all of my matches are Mirages. They arn't fun to fight against, and I see them every where. This flavor of the month is out of control.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thief remain flavor of 6 years and counting and remain out of control since. Guess who received more nerfs from than to now between these two? thief or mesmer?

> > > > >

> > > > > Mesmer

> > > >

> > > > Man U mesmers alway bring up other classes when mesmers are being called out. Mesmers as a whole may have high skill cap but also lowest to be effective. The only op thing about thief is DE due to traits in its trait line like stealth on dodge. Every mesmer spec is far easier than any class to be effective especially Condi Mirage due to its bloated toolkit and its game breaking mechanics. The reason thief’s ten times the nurf mirage threads vs even DE tells a story also why there’s so many new mesmer players jumping on the easy mode class, u gonna tell me core/dd are easy mode? Try fighting a soulbeast,guard or holo on DD or core and see how u do compared to ur mesmer. I’ve geared mesmer for pvp and wvw and it is not comparable to thief in any way other than mesmers being given most of the thief’s tools lol most players actually run after my first Condi shatter burst where as on thief usually I’m the one resetting to re engage lol

> > >

> > > Burnfall isn't a mesmer.

> > >

> > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm getting sick of seeing 2 mirages on all my teams and enemy teams, theres 10 player slots in a match and 4 of them in all of my matches are Mirages. They arn't fun to fight against, and I see them every where. This flavor of the month is out of control.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thief remain flavor of 6 years and counting and remain out of control since. Guess who received more nerfs from than to now between these two? thief or mesmer?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Mesmer

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thief has never been "flavor" in the way you are trying to suggest except for short while after release, it's been meta for being useful to the Team not for being obnoxious overpowered ****, nobody and I mean **nobody** ever had any issues deleting Thief player from the face of this Earth should the thief attempt to 1v1 unless being horribly outskilled by its player.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Poor thieves...

> > > > > > > And their self-proclaimed skillfullness.

> > > > > > > Some professions are countered by thieves, one of which is... surprise surprise... The one that gives name to this thread.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some professions are countered by Thieves =D OK, Rev and... Nothing else. It was to Mirage before its extreme builds it has now, not to mention your argument is extremely invalid to my response to that poster.

> > > > >

> > > > > So necros now win against thief :)

> > > > > As for mirage, 2xecto, steal every boon from BD, condi cleanse on demand, higher evade uptime, more mobility on combat.

> > > > > Guess you're "being horribly outskilled".

> > > >

> > > > Condi cleanse in demand =DDD Thief can cleanse only 3 conditions once every 30 seconds because you can't use Shadowstep since it a) cleanses condi on second part so due to perma 16+stacks of Confusion you can't use it b) Is thieves only hope of surviving the fight and even that is questionable since Illusionary Ambush which has god kitten 20 sec CD.

> > > > Mirage has numerous ways to Interrupt plasma and it's been proven in other thread that Mirage has just slightly lower evade uptime than S/D Thief so good luck getting it in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, Necro can win vs Thief much much more easily than can Thief win vs Mirage since anyone who's not dumb will shut down IR by Wurm or Spectral walk, so since Necro (both Reaper and Scourge) has more hard CCs than Thief has stunbreaks the possibility of Thief getting insta-gibbed after some time in fight with Necro is so kitten high, unlike when fighting Mirage where everything is completely rng due to ridiculously low CDs on detarget skills.

> > >

> > > If you get hit by 16+stacks of confusion with a thief, you're playing poorly. F2 is usually done after axe 3 which is has a big dodge me sign on it.

> > > Numerous ways to interrupt?! Lucky proc from chaos storm and F3 (clones running to you) unless you consume plasma at melee range, which is, again, poor play.

> > > As for dealing with condis - signet, shadowstep, sd 2.

> > >

> > > I think necros will disagree on that one.

> >

> > F2 is not the main source of Confusion in the most broken and overused builds nor even its main dmg nor is it actually even required to be used at all since you benefit so much more from keeping the clones for cover and for Distort, how can you defend Mirage without even knowing this.

> >

> > I like how you ignored the fact which I stated that Thief can't use Shadwostep to clense and just slapped it in your post anyway because out of arguments I guess, completely the same goes for IS as it removes only one kitten condi out of cca 4 that are permanently on you and Confusion is NOT the priorities one in the order of condi removal, not to mention this skill once again damages you before cleansing the one condi.

> >

> > Also, you forget that F3 interrupts on each clone so almost every time you get interrupted twice by this skill due to the good ol' Daze bug that prevents you from moving, changing current direction or even dodging, which is by the way caused by the spam of it which is of course case of F3 clones.

> > Next you "forget" about interrupt of Torch 5 and in case of Scepter build the Pistol 5.

> >

> > Necros are welcome to disagree if they like, but I play Necro in Rank too and Thieves are absolutely nowhere near the _great threat_ you are making them out to be, to me.

>

> Care to tell me the main source of confusion?!

I would honestly like to know this as well..

With the meta Chaos/dueling/mirage build people are running axe/torch and staff. Why is f2 not used?

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:

> > > > > > > I'm getting sick of seeing 2 mirages on all my teams and enemy teams, theres 10 player slots in a match and 4 of them in all of my matches are Mirages. They arn't fun to fight against, and I see them every where. This flavor of the month is out of control.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thief remain flavor of 6 years and counting and remain out of control since. Guess who received more nerfs from than to now between these two? thief or mesmer?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mesmer

> > > > >

> > > > > Man U mesmers alway bring up other classes when mesmers are being called out. Mesmers as a whole may have high skill cap but also lowest to be effective. The only op thing about thief is DE due to traits in its trait line like stealth on dodge. Every mesmer spec is far easier than any class to be effective especially Condi Mirage due to its bloated toolkit and its game breaking mechanics. The reason thief’s ten times the nurf mirage threads vs even DE tells a story also why there’s so many new mesmer players jumping on the easy mode class, u gonna tell me core/dd are easy mode? Try fighting a soulbeast,guard or holo on DD or core and see how u do compared to ur mesmer. I’ve geared mesmer for pvp and wvw and it is not comparable to thief in any way other than mesmers being given most of the thief’s tools lol most players actually run after my first Condi shatter burst where as on thief usually I’m the one resetting to re engage lol

> > > >

> > > > Burnfall isn't a mesmer.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm getting sick of seeing 2 mirages on all my teams and enemy teams, theres 10 player slots in a match and 4 of them in all of my matches are Mirages. They arn't fun to fight against, and I see them every where. This flavor of the month is out of control.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Thief remain flavor of 6 years and counting and remain out of control since. Guess who received more nerfs from than to now between these two? thief or mesmer?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Mesmer

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thief has never been "flavor" in the way you are trying to suggest except for short while after release, it's been meta for being useful to the Team not for being obnoxious overpowered ****, nobody and I mean **nobody** ever had any issues deleting Thief player from the face of this Earth should the thief attempt to 1v1 unless being horribly outskilled by its player.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Poor thieves...

> > > > > > > > And their self-proclaimed skillfullness.

> > > > > > > > Some professions are countered by thieves, one of which is... surprise surprise... The one that gives name to this thread.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Some professions are countered by Thieves =D OK, Rev and... Nothing else. It was to Mirage before its extreme builds it has now, not to mention your argument is extremely invalid to my response to that poster.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So necros now win against thief :)

> > > > > > As for mirage, 2xecto, steal every boon from BD, condi cleanse on demand, higher evade uptime, more mobility on combat.

> > > > > > Guess you're "being horribly outskilled".

> > > > >

> > > > > Condi cleanse in demand =DDD Thief can cleanse only 3 conditions once every 30 seconds because you can't use Shadowstep since it a) cleanses condi on second part so due to perma 16+stacks of Confusion you can't use it b) Is thieves only hope of surviving the fight and even that is questionable since Illusionary Ambush which has god kitten 20 sec CD.

> > > > > Mirage has numerous ways to Interrupt plasma and it's been proven in other thread that Mirage has just slightly lower evade uptime than S/D Thief so good luck getting it in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, Necro can win vs Thief much much more easily than can Thief win vs Mirage since anyone who's not dumb will shut down IR by Wurm or Spectral walk, so since Necro (both Reaper and Scourge) has more hard CCs than Thief has stunbreaks the possibility of Thief getting insta-gibbed after some time in fight with Necro is so kitten high, unlike when fighting Mirage where everything is completely rng due to ridiculously low CDs on detarget skills.

> > > >

> > > > If you get hit by 16+stacks of confusion with a thief, you're playing poorly. F2 is usually done after axe 3 which is has a big dodge me sign on it.

> > > > Numerous ways to interrupt?! Lucky proc from chaos storm and F3 (clones running to you) unless you consume plasma at melee range, which is, again, poor play.

> > > > As for dealing with condis - signet, shadowstep, sd 2.

> > > >

> > > > I think necros will disagree on that one.

> > >

> > > F2 is not the main source of Confusion in the most broken and overused builds nor even its main dmg nor is it actually even required to be used at all since you benefit so much more from keeping the clones for cover and for Distort, how can you defend Mirage without even knowing this.

> > >

> > > I like how you ignored the fact which I stated that Thief can't use Shadwostep to clense and just slapped it in your post anyway because out of arguments I guess, completely the same goes for IS as it removes only one kitten condi out of cca 4 that are permanently on you and Confusion is NOT the priorities one in the order of condi removal, not to mention this skill once again damages you before cleansing the one condi.

> > >

> > > Also, you forget that F3 interrupts on each clone so almost every time you get interrupted twice by this skill due to the good ol' Daze bug that prevents you from moving, changing current direction or even dodging, which is by the way caused by the spam of it which is of course case of F3 clones.

> > > Next you "forget" about interrupt of Torch 5 and in case of Scepter build the Pistol 5.

> > >

> > > Necros are welcome to disagree if they like, but I play Necro in Rank too and Thieves are absolutely nowhere near the _great threat_ you are making them out to be, to me.

> >

> > Care to tell me the main source of confusion?!

>

> I would honestly like to know this as well..

> With the meta Chaos/dueling/mirage build people are running axe/torch and staff. Why is f2 not used?

>

Yeah without Illusions line, and assuming Deceptive Evasion traited, there aren't many significant sources of confusion (not counting negligable stuff like axe 2 whirl finisher in ethereal field, etc). It's only axe 3 which is well telegraphed, F2 which untraited is pretty mediocre, and iMage's burst which is highly telegraphed on a long cooldown. The latter 2 only give a few stacks anyway.

It's mostly torment that gets spammed around for axe/staff chaos build. Confusion is more prevalent in Scepter + Illusions for traited F2, but this has less sustain.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > Id say its extremely weird for someone to get upset by that but this is the pvp subsection so I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

> > >

> > > It wasn't you who got temporarily banned from forums a couple of weeks ago or last week?

> > >

> >

> > I'm too blunt sometimes and a bit of an kitten.. Im also Australian and jokes can be taken the wrong way.

> > Ontop of that, even though I speak for myself and from my own perspective, some people get defensive for no reason or aggressive and my kitten Australian personality kicks in and decides to stir the pot for a laugh... I rightfully get banned frequently for this and Im sure most devs could confirm that for you.

> >

> > I've sadly been around a while but only a few users here such as Crab can see it for what it is, a bit of fun..

> >

> > In this case, @"mortrialus.3062" usually doesn't respond in such a manner which is why I was shocked and left my last comment, for all I know he was in a previous heated engagement with someone.

>

> I'm personally very bitter about the Portal nerf in particular because I feel it was the opposite direction the balance team should have taken mesmers. Mesmers of all stripes should be winning games through their unique one of a kind team utility and ability to control enemies not through just slamming people with brick walls of condi so post Portal nerf I paid very close attention to how I saw other people using it and the answer was I haven't seen others using it at all post nerf.

>

> Also a big reason why Mesmers seemed to explode in deadliness last balance patch is because with Portal no longer a good choice freed up Mirages. Blink is still mandatory, and now Mirage can pick two of the following three: Illusionary Ambush, Signet of Midnight, or Arcane Thievery, becoming far more individually deadly in the process.

Ohai they merged the mesmer threads lol

Yea Mesmers are in a really good spot and portal was unique, I never used it for rotating though which is why I think they nerfed it..

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:

> > > > > > > I'm getting sick of seeing 2 mirages on all my teams and enemy teams, theres 10 player slots in a match and 4 of them in all of my matches are Mirages. They arn't fun to fight against, and I see them every where. This flavor of the month is out of control.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thief remain flavor of 6 years and counting and remain out of control since. Guess who received more nerfs from than to now between these two? thief or mesmer?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mesmer

> > > > >

> > > > > Man U mesmers alway bring up other classes when mesmers are being called out. Mesmers as a whole may have high skill cap but also lowest to be effective. The only op thing about thief is DE due to traits in its trait line like stealth on dodge. Every mesmer spec is far easier than any class to be effective especially Condi Mirage due to its bloated toolkit and its game breaking mechanics. The reason thief’s ten times the nurf mirage threads vs even DE tells a story also why there’s so many new mesmer players jumping on the easy mode class, u gonna tell me core/dd are easy mode? Try fighting a soulbeast,guard or holo on DD or core and see how u do compared to ur mesmer. I’ve geared mesmer for pvp and wvw and it is not comparable to thief in any way other than mesmers being given most of the thief’s tools lol most players actually run after my first Condi shatter burst where as on thief usually I’m the one resetting to re engage lol

> > > >

> > > > Burnfall isn't a mesmer.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jasper Defthand.3018" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm getting sick of seeing 2 mirages on all my teams and enemy teams, theres 10 player slots in a match and 4 of them in all of my matches are Mirages. They arn't fun to fight against, and I see them every where. This flavor of the month is out of control.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Thief remain flavor of 6 years and counting and remain out of control since. Guess who received more nerfs from than to now between these two? thief or mesmer?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Mesmer

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thief has never been "flavor" in the way you are trying to suggest except for short while after release, it's been meta for being useful to the Team not for being obnoxious overpowered ****, nobody and I mean **nobody** ever had any issues deleting Thief player from the face of this Earth should the thief attempt to 1v1 unless being horribly outskilled by its player.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Poor thieves...

> > > > > > > > And their self-proclaimed skillfullness.

> > > > > > > > Some professions are countered by thieves, one of which is... surprise surprise... The one that gives name to this thread.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Some professions are countered by Thieves =D OK, Rev and... Nothing else. It was to Mirage before its extreme builds it has now, not to mention your argument is extremely invalid to my response to that poster.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So necros now win against thief :)

> > > > > > As for mirage, 2xecto, steal every boon from BD, condi cleanse on demand, higher evade uptime, more mobility on combat.

> > > > > > Guess you're "being horribly outskilled".

> > > > >

> > > > > Condi cleanse in demand =DDD Thief can cleanse only 3 conditions once every 30 seconds because you can't use Shadowstep since it a) cleanses condi on second part so due to perma 16+stacks of Confusion you can't use it b) Is thieves only hope of surviving the fight and even that is questionable since Illusionary Ambush which has god kitten 20 sec CD.

> > > > > Mirage has numerous ways to Interrupt plasma and it's been proven in other thread that Mirage has just slightly lower evade uptime than S/D Thief so good luck getting it in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, Necro can win vs Thief much much more easily than can Thief win vs Mirage since anyone who's not dumb will shut down IR by Wurm or Spectral walk, so since Necro (both Reaper and Scourge) has more hard CCs than Thief has stunbreaks the possibility of Thief getting insta-gibbed after some time in fight with Necro is so kitten high, unlike when fighting Mirage where everything is completely rng due to ridiculously low CDs on detarget skills.

> > > >

> > > > If you get hit by 16+stacks of confusion with a thief, you're playing poorly. F2 is usually done after axe 3 which is has a big dodge me sign on it.

> > > > Numerous ways to interrupt?! Lucky proc from chaos storm and F3 (clones running to you) unless you consume plasma at melee range, which is, again, poor play.

> > > > As for dealing with condis - signet, shadowstep, sd 2.

> > > >

> > > > I think necros will disagree on that one.

> > >

> > > F2 is not the main source of Confusion in the most broken and overused builds nor even its main dmg nor is it actually even required to be used at all since you benefit so much more from keeping the clones for cover and for Distort, how can you defend Mirage without even knowing this.

> > >

> > > I like how you ignored the fact which I stated that Thief can't use Shadwostep to clense and just slapped it in your post anyway because out of arguments I guess, completely the same goes for IS as it removes only one kitten condi out of cca 4 that are permanently on you and Confusion is NOT the priorities one in the order of condi removal, not to mention this skill once again damages you before cleansing the one condi.

> > >

> > > Also, you forget that F3 interrupts on each clone so almost every time you get interrupted twice by this skill due to the good ol' Daze bug that prevents you from moving, changing current direction or even dodging, which is by the way caused by the spam of it which is of course case of F3 clones.

> > > Next you "forget" about interrupt of Torch 5 and in case of Scepter build the Pistol 5.

> > >

> > > Necros are welcome to disagree if they like, but I play Necro in Rank too and Thieves are absolutely nowhere near the _great threat_ you are making them out to be, to me.

> >

> > Care to tell me the main source of confusion?!

>

> I would honestly like to know this as well..

> With the meta Chaos/dueling/mirage build people are running axe/torch and staff. Why is f2 not used?

>

Shows you how much people that want mirage nerfed know about the profession. Too bad ANet still listen to these people instead of mesmer mains proposals.

Either ban them from PvP or have them count as two people on a team. Mirage is a fundamentally broken concept that can not be fixed.

There has been years spent tinkering with a broken formula and it has effectively killed sPvP.

The hardest part of being a developer is being able to admit when you've designed yourself into a corner you can't get out of. Its time to realize that has happened with Mirage.

> @"Xae.7204" said:

> Either ban them from PvP or have them count as two people on a team. Mirage is a fundamentally broken concept that can not be fixed.

>

> There has been years spent tinkering with a broken formula and it has effectively killed sPvP.

>

> The hardest part of being a developer is being able to admit when you've designed yourself into a corner you can't get out of. Its time to realize that has happened with Mirage.

You speak truth.

Though I think they could do more then just number fixes.

Let's try:

Swapping base hp with ele.

Clone max is only 2 in pvp instead of 3. Don't change shatters or how phantasms work

IH given a five second CD.

You can still be "slippery" while lowering clone spam and damage.

Also on a side not. All pvp changes should automatically transfer to wvw. Make it so Anet and I'll buy some gems =D

> @"Shadow Order.7258" said:

> > @"Xae.7204" said:

> > Either ban them from PvP or have them count as two people on a team. Mirage is a fundamentally broken concept that can not be fixed.

> >

> > There has been years spent tinkering with a broken formula and it has effectively killed sPvP.

> >

> > The hardest part of being a developer is being able to admit when you've designed yourself into a corner you can't get out of. Its time to realize that has happened with Mirage.

>

> You speak truth.

> Though I think they could do more then just number fixes.

> Let's try:

> Swapping base hp with ele.

> Clone max is only 2 in pvp instead of 3. Don't change shatters or how phantasms work

> IH given a five second CD.

> You can still be "slippery" while lowering clone spam and damage.

>

> Also on a side not. All pvp changes should automatically transfer to wvw. Make it so Anet and I'll buy some gems =D

When you really stop and think about Mirage it becomes obvious.

Why aren't we seeing years of "concerned" feedback about Scrappers, or Heralds or Dragon Hunters. Or any of the other 8 classes and 24 specs in the game other than Mesmers?

Mesmer obviously holds a special place in Arena Nets heart. Its been the Meta spec in almost every game mode since HoT. If any other class had been turbo-S tier this long it would have been dumpstered years ago.

Its time to dumpster mesmers and let the other 8 classes back into ArenaNets mindspace again. Remember the other classes? Wouldn't it be nice if some of them got some love and attention instead of multiple years of twinkle-toed dancing around nerfing Mesmers?

> @"Xae.7204" said:

> > @"Shadow Order.7258" said:

> > > @"Xae.7204" said:

> > > Either ban them from PvP or have them count as two people on a team. Mirage is a fundamentally broken concept that can not be fixed.

> > >

> > > There has been years spent tinkering with a broken formula and it has effectively killed sPvP.

> > >

> > > The hardest part of being a developer is being able to admit when you've designed yourself into a corner you can't get out of. Its time to realize that has happened with Mirage.

> >

> > You speak truth.

> > Though I think they could do more then just number fixes.

> > Let's try:

> > Swapping base hp with ele.

> > Clone max is only 2 in pvp instead of 3. Don't change shatters or how phantasms work

> > IH given a five second CD.

> > You can still be "slippery" while lowering clone spam and damage.

> >

> > Also on a side not. All pvp changes should automatically transfer to wvw. Make it so Anet and I'll buy some gems =D

>

> When you really stop and think about Mirage it becomes obvious.

>

> Why aren't we seeing years of "concerned" feedback about Scrappers, or Heralds or Dragon Hunters. Or any of the other 8 classes and 24 specs in the game other than Mesmers?

>

> Mesmer obviously holds a special place in Arena Nets heart. Its been the Meta spec in almost every game mode since HoT. If any other class had been turbo-S tier this long it would have been dumpstered years ago.

>

> Its time to dumpster mesmers and let the other 8 classes back into ArenaNets mindspace again. Remember the other classes? Wouldn't it be nice if some of them got some love and attention instead of multiple years of twinkle-toed dancing around nerfing Mesmers?

I agree. On my mesmer alt I keep the title "Golden Child" on for Anet's blatant favoritism.

I remember the only and only time I stepped on Mirage and went into WvW, I found someone, mashed the buttons, and they ended up with 8 stacks of torment and 8 stacks of confusion on them (along with something else). I thought to myself, you gotta be kidding me. Of all conditions, that's what someone gets hit with. The defense? Stand there and do nothing? Clear them? Sure, but look how easy they were to apply. Nobody should even attempt to be defending this type of spec.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> I remember the only and only time I stepped on Mirage and went into WvW, I found someone, mashed the buttons, and they ended up with 8 stacks of torment and 8 stacks of confusion on them (along with something else). I thought to myself, you gotta be kidding me. Of all conditions, that's what someone gets hit with. The defense? Stand there and do nothing? Clear them? Sure, but look how easy they were to apply. Nobody should even attempt to be defending this type of spec.

I agree but apparently from mirage mains view it is fine and it’s other specs that are over performing, we just need to learn to play against mirages lol

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > I love how people seem to forget that most classes have a way to trivialize being stunned. Even as thief I'm just like "lol jk byeeeeee" *-ports way-*

>

> being able to cast a skill or do anything thats not an explicit stunbreaker in this game is honestly just poor design and should all be removed, especially when they do damage. This includes all instant cast/teleport skills such as mesmer's shatters/jaunt/staff 2/iAmbush, thief's steal, holo's particle accelerator toolbelt skill, guardian's smite conditions, ele's electric discharge...etc, but what do i know when we are talking about a game with a stealth system that's both spammable and has no real counters as well as having some skills that are allowed to be cast backwards while running away or go through walls/z-axis when majority of skills arent allowed to do so.

The counter to stealth, is the revealed debuff. Which a number of classes have access to, by the way.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > @"kappa.2036" said:

> > > > The ability to dodge crucial attacks at the right time has always distinguished good players from bad players.

> > > > Dodging is - in fact- a real invulnerability if used at the right time, and is accessible to all classes. In this regard, there are specific effects that prevent dodge, like immobilize, fear and other control effects: all these factors have always balanced the fight in guild wars 2.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately, the mirage ability called "mirage cloak" eludes everything I mentioned before. In fact, this ability allows the mirage not only to not worry about being knocked on the ground or immobilized, but also to use his skills while evading attacks.

> > >

> > > IF you mean while evading- is able to attack this is true.

> > > If you mean while stunned- able to attack- this is false.

> > >

> > > > We need mechanics that promote good and healthy gameplay, and THIS should be against your combat philosophy, Anet...

> > > You do for one you do for all-

> > > how about this.

> > > Any skill not labeled as a stunbreak is unable to be used while controlled by stun, knockdown, knockback, pull, push, float, launch, or daze.

> > > This means no more steal while CC'd

> > > No more controlling your pet while CC'd

> > > No more switching attunements while CC'd

> > > No more inflitrators return while CC'd

> > > Etc.

> > > Because this would be against the combat philosophy anet never shared.

> > >

> >

> > I'll take it. Being able to use zerker stance on warrior while stunned is and was always kinda stupid anyways. Warror should be using it offensively but here's the catch I don't know if this logic can apply to any other class. Maybe just by "nerfing" the evade spam and make it easier to punish by making it 80% of what it was will be enough.

> >

> Honestly you don't evade any more or less than other classes.

> Still has less evasion than a thief.

> and almost the lowest vigor uptime thanks to all the nerfs.

> What's honestly the biggest grip for people has been the ability to dodge while CC'd and I don't blame them, but other classes have effects while CC'd as well.

> *Lets just nerf them all*

> If that is really the issue, then nerf the issue for everyone.

> No need to be biased right?

> > Also, you're saying you can't shatter while you're stunned? Honest question.

>

> You can shatter while stunned. You have been able to do that since launch IIRC.

>

> Which is why I can't figure out what the "combat philosophy" that people keep harping about is, when every class has something they can use while CC'd.

>

No other class can evade while CC'd. Every other class in the game is forced to burn a utility skill in order to avoid the burst following a CC, all except Mirage. I'm not sure what you're driving at here, but there really is NO defense for dodging while CC'd. It needs nerfed, and I suspect it will be. Considering smarmy attitudes on the forum and in-game, I hope it gets gutted, to be completely honest.

> @"crewthief.8649" said:

>

>

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > @"kappa.2036" said:

> > > > > The ability to dodge crucial attacks at the right time has always distinguished good players from bad players.

> > > > > Dodging is - in fact- a real invulnerability if used at the right time, and is accessible to all classes. In this regard, there are specific effects that prevent dodge, like immobilize, fear and other control effects: all these factors have always balanced the fight in guild wars 2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately, the mirage ability called "mirage cloak" eludes everything I mentioned before. In fact, this ability allows the mirage not only to not worry about being knocked on the ground or immobilized, but also to use his skills while evading attacks.

> > > >

> > > > IF you mean while evading- is able to attack this is true.

> > > > If you mean while stunned- able to attack- this is false.

> > > >

> > > > > We need mechanics that promote good and healthy gameplay, and THIS should be against your combat philosophy, Anet...

> > > > You do for one you do for all-

> > > > how about this.

> > > > Any skill not labeled as a stunbreak is unable to be used while controlled by stun, knockdown, knockback, pull, push, float, launch, or daze.

> > > > This means no more steal while CC'd

> > > > No more controlling your pet while CC'd

> > > > No more switching attunements while CC'd

> > > > No more inflitrators return while CC'd

> > > > Etc.

> > > > Because this would be against the combat philosophy anet never shared.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'll take it. Being able to use zerker stance on warrior while stunned is and was always kinda stupid anyways. Warror should be using it offensively but here's the catch I don't know if this logic can apply to any other class. Maybe just by "nerfing" the evade spam and make it easier to punish by making it 80% of what it was will be enough.

> > >

> > Honestly you don't evade any more or less than other classes.

> > Still has less evasion than a thief.

> > and almost the lowest vigor uptime thanks to all the nerfs.

> > What's honestly the biggest grip for people has been the ability to dodge while CC'd and I don't blame them, but other classes have effects while CC'd as well.

> > *Lets just nerf them all*

> > If that is really the issue, then nerf the issue for everyone.

> > No need to be biased right?

> > > Also, you're saying you can't shatter while you're stunned? Honest question.

> >

> > You can shatter while stunned. You have been able to do that since launch IIRC.

> >

> > Which is why I can't figure out what the "combat philosophy" that people keep harping about is, when every class has something they can use while CC'd.

> >

>

> No other class can evade while CC'd. Every other class in the game is forced to burn a utility skill in order to avoid the burst following a CC, all except Mirage. I'm not sure what you're driving at here, but there really is NO defense for dodging while CC'd. It needs nerfed, and I suspect it will be. Considering smarmy attitudes on the forum and in-game, I hope it gets gutted, to be completely honest.

Just a sidenote: Not only do most classes have to use a utility skill, most also have to dodge afterwards to still avoid the burst since few stun breaks do have an evade or block attached to it.

I agree it needs to be changed, such a huge defense should not be baseline, but I somehow guess - if at all - they will just add exhaustion to every mirage mirror... :lol:

>

>

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > > > @"kappa.2036" said:

> > > > > The ability to dodge crucial attacks at the right time has always distinguished good players from bad players.

> > > > > Dodging is - in fact- a real invulnerability if used at the right time, and is accessible to all classes. In this regard, there are specific effects that prevent dodge, like immobilize, fear and other control effects: all these factors have always balanced the fight in guild wars 2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unfortunately, the mirage ability called "mirage cloak" eludes everything I mentioned before. In fact, this ability allows the mirage not only to not worry about being knocked on the ground or immobilized, but also to use his skills while evading attacks.

> > > >

> > > > IF you mean while evading- is able to attack this is true.

> > > > If you mean while stunned- able to attack- this is false.

> > > >

> > > > > We need mechanics that promote good and healthy gameplay, and THIS should be against your combat philosophy, Anet...

> > > > You do for one you do for all-

> > > > how about this.

> > > > Any skill not labeled as a stunbreak is unable to be used while controlled by stun, knockdown, knockback, pull, push, float, launch, or daze.

> > > > This means no more steal while CC'd

> > > > No more controlling your pet while CC'd

> > > > No more switching attunements while CC'd

> > > > No more inflitrators return while CC'd

> > > > Etc.

> > > > Because this would be against the combat philosophy anet never shared.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'll take it. Being able to use zerker stance on warrior while stunned is and was always kinda stupid anyways. Warror should be using it offensively but here's the catch I don't know if this logic can apply to any other class. Maybe just by "nerfing" the evade spam and make it easier to punish by making it 80% of what it was will be enough.

> > >

> > Honestly you don't evade any more or less than other classes.

> > Still has less evasion than a thief.

> > and almost the lowest vigor uptime thanks to all the nerfs.

> > What's honestly the biggest grip for people has been the ability to dodge while CC'd and I don't blame them, but other classes have effects while CC'd as well.

> > *Lets just nerf them all*

> > If that is really the issue, then nerf the issue for everyone.

> > No need to be biased right?

> > > Also, you're saying you can't shatter while you're stunned? Honest question.

> >

> > You can shatter while stunned. You have been able to do that since launch IIRC.

> >

> > Which is why I can't figure out what the "combat philosophy" that people keep harping about is, when every class has something they can use while CC'd.

> >

>

> No other class can evade while CC'd.

True

>Every other class in the game is forced to burn a utility skill in order to avoid the burst following a CC, all except Mirage.

Half true as the examples were listed earlier before this thread was merged.

> I'm not sure what you're driving at here,

It was posted. You failing to read or understand it is totally on you. But to reiterate

" anything not labeled as a stun break can no longer be used when your character is stunned, launched, knockdowned, etc."

Then I asked why every class shouldn't be that way. Not that hard to understand honestly....

The **ONLY** problem with Condi mirage is the output.

If the defensive options were that much of a big deal, power which has better access to vigor would be over performing. It is **NOT** there are already so few condi mirages in top slots, Power by comparison is virtually non existent outside of memes and jokes. If there was any validity to the claim that the defensive options were as overpowered as people point out and how much it carries players; then we would see it stand on par with it's condi counterpart.

I think people are trying to find something to latch onto simply because they don't know how to fight against it, and need something to blame.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"crewthief.8649" said:

> >

> >

> > > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > > @"kappa.2036" said:

> > > > > > The ability to dodge crucial attacks at the right time has always distinguished good players from bad players.

> > > > > > Dodging is - in fact- a real invulnerability if used at the right time, and is accessible to all classes. In this regard, there are specific effects that prevent dodge, like immobilize, fear and other control effects: all these factors have always balanced the fight in guild wars 2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Unfortunately, the mirage ability called "mirage cloak" eludes everything I mentioned before. In fact, this ability allows the mirage not only to not worry about being knocked on the ground or immobilized, but also to use his skills while evading attacks.

> > > > >

> > > > > IF you mean while evading- is able to attack this is true.

> > > > > If you mean while stunned- able to attack- this is false.

> > > > >

> > > > > > We need mechanics that promote good and healthy gameplay, and THIS should be against your combat philosophy, Anet...

> > > > > You do for one you do for all-

> > > > > how about this.

> > > > > Any skill not labeled as a stunbreak is unable to be used while controlled by stun, knockdown, knockback, pull, push, float, launch, or daze.

> > > > > This means no more steal while CC'd

> > > > > No more controlling your pet while CC'd

> > > > > No more switching attunements while CC'd

> > > > > No more inflitrators return while CC'd

> > > > > Etc.

> > > > > Because this would be against the combat philosophy anet never shared.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'll take it. Being able to use zerker stance on warrior while stunned is and was always kinda stupid anyways. Warror should be using it offensively but here's the catch I don't know if this logic can apply to any other class. Maybe just by "nerfing" the evade spam and make it easier to punish by making it 80% of what it was will be enough.

> > > >

> > > Honestly you don't evade any more or less than other classes.

> > > Still has less evasion than a thief.

> > > and almost the lowest vigor uptime thanks to all the nerfs.

> > > What's honestly the biggest grip for people has been the ability to dodge while CC'd and I don't blame them, but other classes have effects while CC'd as well.

> > > *Lets just nerf them all*

> > > If that is really the issue, then nerf the issue for everyone.

> > > No need to be biased right?

> > > > Also, you're saying you can't shatter while you're stunned? Honest question.

> > >

> > > You can shatter while stunned. You have been able to do that since launch IIRC.

> > >

> > > Which is why I can't figure out what the "combat philosophy" that people keep harping about is, when every class has something they can use while CC'd.

> > >

> >

> > No other class can evade while CC'd.

> True

> >Every other class in the game is forced to burn a utility skill in order to avoid the burst following a CC, all except Mirage.

>

> Half true as the examples were listed earlier before this thread was merged.

>

> > I'm not sure what you're driving at here,

>

> It was posted. You failing to read or understand it is totally on you. But to reiterate

> " anything not labeled as a stun break can no longer be used when your character is stunned, launched, knockdowned, etc."

>

> Then I asked why every class shouldn't be that way. Not that hard to understand honestly....

>

>

I suppose insulting me is a valid tactic... To address your point, why are you deflecting? I thought this thread was about condi Mirage and its ridiculous level of sustain and condi application? Are you of the belief that evasion while cc'd is somehow at the same level as other profession's access to certain skills while cc'd? Because if so, I disagree completely. And I'm not alone (not by a long shot).

> @"Daishi.6027" said:

> The **ONLY** problem with Condi mirage is the output.

>

> If the defensive options were that much of a big deal, power which has better access to vigor would be over performing. It is **NOT** there are already so few condi mirages in top slots, Power by comparison is virtually non existent outside of memes and jokes. If there was any validity to the claim that the defensive options were as overpowered as people point out and how much it carries players; then we would see it stand on par with it's condi counterpart.

>

> I think people are trying to find something to latch onto simply because they don't know how to fight against it, and need something to blame.

You're right, it's probably everyone else that's wrong.

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"crewthief.8649" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > > > @"kappa.2036" said:

> > > > > > > The ability to dodge crucial attacks at the right time has always distinguished good players from bad players.

> > > > > > > Dodging is - in fact- a real invulnerability if used at the right time, and is accessible to all classes. In this regard, there are specific effects that prevent dodge, like immobilize, fear and other control effects: all these factors have always balanced the fight in guild wars 2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Unfortunately, the mirage ability called "mirage cloak" eludes everything I mentioned before. In fact, this ability allows the mirage not only to not worry about being knocked on the ground or immobilized, but also to use his skills while evading attacks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > IF you mean while evading- is able to attack this is true.

> > > > > > If you mean while stunned- able to attack- this is false.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > We need mechanics that promote good and healthy gameplay, and THIS should be against your combat philosophy, Anet...

> > > > > > You do for one you do for all-

> > > > > > how about this.

> > > > > > Any skill not labeled as a stunbreak is unable to be used while controlled by stun, knockdown, knockback, pull, push, float, launch, or daze.

> > > > > > This means no more steal while CC'd

> > > > > > No more controlling your pet while CC'd

> > > > > > No more switching attunements while CC'd

> > > > > > No more inflitrators return while CC'd

> > > > > > Etc.

> > > > > > Because this would be against the combat philosophy anet never shared.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll take it. Being able to use zerker stance on warrior while stunned is and was always kinda stupid anyways. Warror should be using it offensively but here's the catch I don't know if this logic can apply to any other class. Maybe just by "nerfing" the evade spam and make it easier to punish by making it 80% of what it was will be enough.

> > > > >

> > > > Honestly you don't evade any more or less than other classes.

> > > > Still has less evasion than a thief.

> > > > and almost the lowest vigor uptime thanks to all the nerfs.

> > > > What's honestly the biggest grip for people has been the ability to dodge while CC'd and I don't blame them, but other classes have effects while CC'd as well.

> > > > *Lets just nerf them all*

> > > > If that is really the issue, then nerf the issue for everyone.

> > > > No need to be biased right?

> > > > > Also, you're saying you can't shatter while you're stunned? Honest question.

> > > >

> > > > You can shatter while stunned. You have been able to do that since launch IIRC.

> > > >

> > > > Which is why I can't figure out what the "combat philosophy" that people keep harping about is, when every class has something they can use while CC'd.

> > > >

> > >

> > > No other class can evade while CC'd.

> > True

> > >Every other class in the game is forced to burn a utility skill in order to avoid the burst following a CC, all except Mirage.

> >

> > Half true as the examples were listed earlier before this thread was merged.

> >

> > > I'm not sure what you're driving at here,

> >

> > It was posted. You failing to read or understand it is totally on you. But to reiterate

> > " anything not labeled as a stun break can no longer be used when your character is stunned, launched, knockdowned, etc."

> >

> > Then I asked why every class shouldn't be that way. Not that hard to understand honestly....

> >

> >

>

> I suppose insulting me is a valid tactic... >To address your point, why are you deflecting?

How is asking any skill not labeled as a stun break to not be useable deflecting?

That's literally what everyone wants correct?

Not using or doing an action while stunned that isn't a stun break. Explain to me how that would be a bad change?

>I thought this thread was about condi Mirage and its ridiculous level of sustain and condi application?

Still is. As the title suggests. But that didn't answer my question.

I guess refusing to answet the question and accusing people of deflecting is the new thing to do?

>Are you of the belief that evasion while cc'd is somehow at the same level as other profession's access to certain skills while cc'd?

Any skill that trivializes a well landed CC. That isnt labeled as a stun break is unhealthy.

Explain to me why it isn't.

(That includes Mirage cloak. If you didn't catch on..)

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"crewthief.8649" said:

> > > > @"crewthief.8649" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > > @"BlackTruth.6813" said:

> > > > > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > > > > @"kappa.2036" said:

> > > > > > > > The ability to dodge crucial attacks at the right time has always distinguished good players from bad players.

> > > > > > > > Dodging is - in fact- a real invulnerability if used at the right time, and is accessible to all classes. In this regard, there are specific effects that prevent dodge, like immobilize, fear and other control effects: all these factors have always balanced the fight in guild wars 2.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Unfortunately, the mirage ability called "mirage cloak" eludes everything I mentioned before. In fact, this ability allows the mirage not only to not worry about being knocked on the ground or immobilized, but also to use his skills while evading attacks.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > IF you mean while evading- is able to attack this is true.

> > > > > > > If you mean while stunned- able to attack- this is false.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We need mechanics that promote good and healthy gameplay, and THIS should be against your combat philosophy, Anet...

> > > > > > > You do for one you do for all-

> > > > > > > how about this.

> > > > > > > Any skill not labeled as a stunbreak is unable to be used while controlled by stun, knockdown, knockback, pull, push, float, launch, or daze.

> > > > > > > This means no more steal while CC'd

> > > > > > > No more controlling your pet while CC'd

> > > > > > > No more switching attunements while CC'd

> > > > > > > No more inflitrators return while CC'd

> > > > > > > Etc.

> > > > > > > Because this would be against the combat philosophy anet never shared.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll take it. Being able to use zerker stance on warrior while stunned is and was always kinda stupid anyways. Warror should be using it offensively but here's the catch I don't know if this logic can apply to any other class. Maybe just by "nerfing" the evade spam and make it easier to punish by making it 80% of what it was will be enough.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Honestly you don't evade any more or less than other classes.

> > > > > Still has less evasion than a thief.

> > > > > and almost the lowest vigor uptime thanks to all the nerfs.

> > > > > What's honestly the biggest grip for people has been the ability to dodge while CC'd and I don't blame them, but other classes have effects while CC'd as well.

> > > > > *Lets just nerf them all*

> > > > > If that is really the issue, then nerf the issue for everyone.

> > > > > No need to be biased right?

> > > > > > Also, you're saying you can't shatter while you're stunned? Honest question.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can shatter while stunned. You have been able to do that since launch IIRC.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which is why I can't figure out what the "combat philosophy" that people keep harping about is, when every class has something they can use while CC'd.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No other class can evade while CC'd.

> > > True

> > > >Every other class in the game is forced to burn a utility skill in order to avoid the burst following a CC, all except Mirage.

> > >

> > > Half true as the examples were listed earlier before this thread was merged.

> > >

> > > > I'm not sure what you're driving at here,

> > >

> > > It was posted. You failing to read or understand it is totally on you. But to reiterate

> > > " anything not labeled as a stun break can no longer be used when your character is stunned, launched, knockdowned, etc."

> > >

> > > Then I asked why every class shouldn't be that way. Not that hard to understand honestly....

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I suppose insulting me is a valid tactic... >To address your point, why are you deflecting?

>

> How is asking any skill not labeled as a stun break to not be useable deflecting?

> That's literally what everyone wants correct?

> Not using or doing an action while stunned that isn't a stun break. Explain to me how that would be a bad change?

>

> >I thought this thread was about condi Mirage and its ridiculous level of sustain and condi application?

>

> Still is. As the title suggests. But that didn't answer my question.

> I guess refusing to answet the question and accusing people of deflecting is the new thing to do?

>

> >Are you of the belief that evasion while cc'd is somehow at the same level as other profession's access to certain skills while cc'd?

>

> Any skill that trivializes a well landed CC. That isnt labeled as a stun break is unhealthy.

> Explain to me why it isn't.

> (That includes Mirage cloak. If you didn't catch on..)

>

>

>

>

>

>

Perhaps you're right (I'm not entirely against your suggestion). However, the problematic nature of Mirage Cloak has elevated it into the spotlight, while those other skills haven't really ever been perceived to be an issue.