Character creation tutorial should be removed

> @"Lexani.6152" said:

> You should be able to skip that stuff if you done it once for each race

I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > You should be able to skip that stuff if you done it once for each race

>

> I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

True, but when you're on your 20th toon you really don't need that reminder. I think that's the point trying to be made.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > You should be able to skip that stuff if you done it once for each race

>

> I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

Maybe for you those things are important, so you have an option to continue it...I personally have zero interest watching same after same...some people aren't interested in lore at all, and it's okay, they should have right to choose what they want to do.

> @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > > You should be able to skip that stuff if you done it once for each race

> >

> > I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

>

> Maybe for you those things are important, so you have an option to continue it...I personally have zero interest watching same after same...some people aren't interested in lore at all, and it's okay, they should have right to choose what they want to do.

At the same time 5 minutes per character isn't too much to ask to deal with, so removing it is probably never going to be a priority for them. You can skip all the rest of the story anyway, except maybe the first part of PoF to get to the zones there but that's it. I'm not saying everybody has to like it, I also don't have any interest in repeating any of the story also beyond the tutorial. However, when I think of just doing one small quest with an easy end boss, I think, Really? That's your concern?

Seems pretty easy to get through. Besides how many characters of the same race do you make? 10, 20, 30? I've got 7 characters, 5 of which are human and I did some rerolls in the past. So maybe in the worst case over the age of the game I went through it 10 times. I never thought that would be a reason to complain I guess.

> @"Albadaran.1283" said:

> Anet: simply use the same option as E.S.O.: ask players who already did the tutorial with a different chr. if they want to skip the tutorial or not when creating a new chr.

This would be fine. But of all the things you'd want them to spend time/resources on, is this really the change/fix you most want to see? I mean, does it really bother more than a handful of people?

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > > > You should be able to skip that stuff if you done it once for each race

> > >

> > > I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

> >

> > Maybe for you those things are important, so you have an option to continue it...I personally have zero interest watching same after same...some people aren't interested in lore at all, and it's okay, they should have right to choose what they want to do.

>

> At the same time 5 minutes per character isn't too much to ask to deal with, so removing it is probably never going to be a priority for them. You can skip all the rest of the story anyway, except maybe the first part of PoF to get to the zones there but that's it. I'm not saying everybody has to like it, I also don't have any interest in repeating any of the story also beyond the tutorial. However, when I think of just doing one small quest with an easy end boss, I think, Really? That's your concern?

>

> Seems pretty easy to get through. Besides how many characters of the same race do you make? 10, 20, 30? I've got 7 characters, 5 of which are human and I did some rerolls in the past. So maybe in the worst case over the age of the game I went through it 10 times. I never thought that would be a reason to complain I guess.

I think some of us have done it hundreds of times (Key Runners).

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> >

> > I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

>

> True, but when you're on your 20th toon you really don't need that reminder. I think that's the point trying to be made.

Considering i have 15 and ive done at least up to level 10 on most of them..it doesnt matter how many times ive run it, its a part of the story and i will always feel that way about storys. Itd be like asking to skip the intro to kingdom hearts, or final fantasy, or any rpg ever.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> >

>

> True, but when you're on your 20th toon you really don't need that reminder. I think that's the point trying to be made.

If you're doing it 20 times, you're far beyond the bounds of a normal player. I imagine most of the people who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to speed their way through something they claim to be utterly inconsequential, yet the ultimate inconvenience, to be key farmers....... and to that I say, this is the price you pay to try and "beat the system".

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Lexani.6152" said:

> > > > You should be able to skip that stuff if you done it once for each race

> > >

> > > I disagree, while it might seem like *just* a tutorial, from a story point it introduces you to the major character/characters you will be interacting with for at least the first 20 levels of story missions. You really cant skip the rest of the story outside of just not doing it and the missions dont take long.

> >

> > True, but when you're on your 20th toon you really don't need that reminder. I think that's the point trying to be made.

>

> If you're doing it 20 times, you're far beyond the bounds of a normal player. I imagine most of the people who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes to speed their way through something they claim to be utterly inconsequential, yet the ultimate inconvenience, to be key farmers....... and to that I say, this is the price you pay to try and "beat the system".

I agree with this. Not only does it begin your personal story, so removing it wouldn't make sense, but it also takes all of 5 minutes.

This is literally a non-issue when there are _actual_ improvements that could be made to the game.