Login rewards update

phs.6089

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you replace luck and the exotic chest with? I assume you're not suggesting they shorten the login reward cycle by 5 days.

IMO it would be better to offer players a choice of luck or something else. I appreciate that it's annoying to get luck when you've already maxed magic find but a lot of people aren't in that situation and the login rewards are a nice source.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

The question then still stands: what would you suggest that would be more rewarding and/or useful?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

>

> The question then still stands: what would you suggest that would be more rewarding and/or useful?

I woul replace the luck with 1-2 mystic clovers. The exotic chest is fine. Clover are valuable and at the same time are not tradeable, so they won't influence the market too much.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

>

> The question then still stands: what would you suggest that would be more rewarding and/or useful?

ESO has some good ideas in that direction (although having to do 28 in a single calendar month was not one of them).

Throw in a Black Lion key or two, weapon ticket scraps, that kind of thing. Maybe even add 50 gems once a month.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

>

> Salvage 10 items and you will get the same amount of luck, only costs you around 20 silver lel.

My alt account mails salvageable items to my main account, as it can use the luck from salvaging. Even if it didn’t, low level accounts still can benefit from luck and it’s not reasonable to ask them to spend 20 silver instead of getting the same thing for free just because veteran accounts don’t need it any more.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

> >

> > The question then still stands: what would you suggest that would be more rewarding and/or useful?

>

> ESO has some good ideas in that direction (although having to do 28 in a single calendar month was not one of them).

>

> Throw in a Black Lion key or two, weapon ticket scraps, that kind of thing. Maybe even add 50 gems once a month.

I think ESO's developers are more willing to put more valuable items into their login rewards because (so far) each one has been a one-off.

This month you get 5 Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates, which is the equivalent of 5 black lion keys, but it's only this month. If you don't log in for enough days in October (I think it's 23-25 days but I don't remember exactly) then you've missed it. You might get crates in a future month, but again it will only be if you log in for enough days in that specific calendar month.

Whereas GW2's system cycles, so if they included 5 black lion keys then absolutely everyone would get 5 keys for every 28 days they log in. Which might not work out to 5 keys per month since people will miss days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it resulted in a lot more free keys than ESO gives away.

And as someone who is frequently away from home for days at a time I much prefer GW2's system. It works as an incentive to log in when I'm home, even if I'm not planning to play the game that day, but it's not enough to make me feel like I'm penalised for being away if I miss days. (Especially since I've never been yelled at on the GW2 forum or called lazy and stupid for mentioning I can't log in every single day...and then told I'm insulting the people who said that if I ask if they can log in every day.)

> @"Daniel.5428" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

> >

> > The question then still stands: what would you suggest that would be more rewarding and/or useful?

>

> I woul replace the luck with 1-2 mystic clovers. The exotic chest is fine. Clover are valuable and at the same time are not tradeable, so they won't influence the market too much.

Actually, Clovers are either worthless (if you're not making legendary equipment) or worth, currently, about 4.5g if you are.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

>

> Actually, Clovers are either worthless (if you're not making legendary equipment) or worth, currently, about 4.5g if you are.

The same can be said with laurels. They worth gold only if you trade them for T6 materials.

Clovers can be sold to vendor. Around 5 silvers each if I remember well. The only thing that can be problematic is the fact they are account-bound... same as laurel btw... I think clovers are better than luck, or a box where you can choose like day 28.

> @"Daniel.5428" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> >

>

> I woul replace the luck with 1-2 mystic clovers. The exotic chest is fine. Clover are valuable and at the same time are not tradeable, so they won't influence the market too much.

Luck is given 4 times per cycle, in increasing amounts. This would mean *at least* 4 more clovers per month, equal to another 12-13 Mystic Coins. That would *definitely* affect the market!

Since their *only* use is making Legendaries, they would also be just as frustratingly worthless to a portion of the playerbase. Likely a *larger* portion than the portion that's maxed on Luck...

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

>

> Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

Istan did it already, dungeon tokens are great idea! I support this one.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

I wonder why your alt appreciates that RNG exotic chest. I wouldn't if you could choose the gear and leveling in game took like 4-6 mounts. But 1 peace of random exotic per 28 days? Really? :)

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

>

> Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

You can salvage the exotic gear for ectoplasms in the chest you get from Daily log ins (Day 14). Your point?

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> >

> > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

>

> You can salvage the exotic gear for ectoplasms in the chest you get from Daily log ins (Day 14). Your point?

Well, with this change you (every player) would be able to salvage two pieces of exotic gear per month instead of one.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> > >

> > > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

> >

> > You can salvage the exotic gear for ectoplasms in the chest you get from Daily log ins (Day 14). Your point?

>

> Well, with this change you (every player) would be able to salvage two pieces of exotic gear per month instead of one.

Oh wow. 1 more piece! That's upto 3 ectos, *if any at all*. It's not that big a deal given that Istan broke the Ecto market more than Multi-loot did. (Some players don't buy Armor/Weapons with their dungeon tokens, just saying)

Sorry for inputting a legitimate choice suggestion for those of us who are Magic Find capped, rather than defaulting 'Mystic Clovers' or 'Mystic Coins', or 'Give us Goldzz'.

How about a choosy box of account bound Superior Runes/Sigils? Would that fly?

Its free. All you do is log in. You don't even miss anything for skipping days.

It doesn't have to be awesome or of epic value. Really it didn't even have to be there.

And as far as what is considered useful... well very many different ideas of what that is. One persons "trash", another persons "treasure".

All in all I don't really think it needs a change... but if it did... eh I'd probably be fine with it.

I agree in spirit with this topic. The daily rewards are often very bland. I understand that they aren't meant to be amazing...

Luck is meh to me...easily farmed.

Black Lion chest goodies...usually get salvage kits which I don't need. I usually run a stack of 250 mystics.

The only things that I find valuable are the laurels and mystic coins tbh. If you want to load me up with these, go for it!