Login rewards update

phs.6089

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> >

> > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

>

> Istan did it already, dungeon tokens are great idea! I support this one.

>

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

>

> I wonder why your alt appreciates that RNG exotic chest. I wouldn't if you could choose the gear and leveling in game took like 4-6 mounts. But 1 peace of random exotic per 28 days? Really? :)

My poor little alt account doesn’t get many shinies so an exotic each month is a roll of the dice for a new skin for my level 80 to use. So far I’ve gotten a couple of skins to replace the generic, common skins you get from regular drops.

Edit: I also save up any exotic weapons I get from that monthly chest and when I have enough I Mystic forge them for a chance for a precursor (as unlikely as that chance is) or another new skin.

Yes, my alt account appreciates those exotics as it has never gotten an exotic as a drop

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 6 year old account is not maxed on luck yet.

Why do people who reached a goal by playing a lot think that just because they already have all they need, the game should now change? There is a cap, you reached the cap, good for you. Suggesting to change the items while not everyone (and likely not even the majority of players) has also reached that cap seems unreasonable to me.

The same happens with those 10 achievement points for dailies which are capped. All is fine until some people reach the cap and can't accept that they got all they were supposed to get.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> > >

> > > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

> >

> > Istan did it already, dungeon tokens are great idea! I support this one.

> >

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

> >

> > I wonder why your alt appreciates that RNG exotic chest. I wouldn't if you could choose the gear and leveling in game took like 4-6 mounts. But 1 peace of random exotic per 28 days? Really? :)

>

>

> My poor little alt account doesn’t get many shinies so an exotic each month is a roll of the dice for a new skin for my level 80 to use. So far I’ve gotten a couple of skins to replace the generic, common skins you get from regular drops.

>

> Edit: I also save up any exotic weapons I get from that monthly chest and when I have enough I Mystic forge them for a chance for a precursor (as unlikely as that chance is) or another new skin.

>

> Yes, my alt account appreciates those exotics as it has never gotten an exotic as a drop

Well, think of what kind of cool skins litl one can get if it had dungeon tokens :)

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> > > >

> > > > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

> > >

> > > Istan did it already, dungeon tokens are great idea! I support this one.

> > >

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

> > >

> > > I wonder why your alt appreciates that RNG exotic chest. I wouldn't if you could choose the gear and leveling in game took like 4-6 mounts. But 1 peace of random exotic per 28 days? Really? :)

> >

> >

> > My poor little alt account doesn’t get many shinies so an exotic each month is a roll of the dice for a new skin for my level 80 to use. So far I’ve gotten a couple of skins to replace the generic, common skins you get from regular drops.

> >

> > Edit: I also save up any exotic weapons I get from that monthly chest and when I have enough I Mystic forge them for a chance for a precursor (as unlikely as that chance is) or another new skin.

> >

> > Yes, my alt account appreciates those exotics as it has never gotten an exotic as a drop

>

> Well, think of what kind of cool skins litl one can get if it had dungeon tokens :)

No doubt. However I don’t do dungeons on my main account and I’m certainly not going to do them on my alt account, so yes, those exotics from my login rewards are greatly appreciated.

And I get it. They aren’t a big deal to you, but not everyone sees things the way you do or plays the game the way you do.

> @"Daniel.5428" said:

> I would replace the luck with 1-2 mystic clovers.

:+1: Count me in.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> My 6 year old account is not maxed on luck yet.

Mine neither, but you get tons of luck from salvaging stuff, all the time, so this meager luck rewarded granted through daily logins can be neglected.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> My 6 year old account is not maxed on luck yet.

>

> Why do people who reached a goal by playing a lot think that just because they already have all they need, the game should now change? There is a cap, you reached the cap, good for you. Suggesting to change the items while not everyone (and likely not even the majority of players) has also reached that cap seems unreasonable to me.

>

> The same happens with those 10 achievement points for dailies which are capped. All is fine until some people reach the cap and can't accept that they got all they were supposed to get.

My 6 year old account isnt maxed either. I honestly think that this is not meant to be a long term goal (maxing magic find). Just something that happens organically as you play the game in the ways you want to. So if I miss out on 2k luck per month in favor of a few dozen more mystic coins or laurels, Id be down with that.

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> Please give me ascended for the job of logging in. kitten... New low.

I didn't see anyone suggesting ascended items as a login reward.

Although technically that is an option. Not for one day but if you save up the laurels you can buy ascended trinkets with them. Before 4-stat combinations came along that used to be the main way of getting ascended trinkets if you didn't do Fractals.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> > > > >

> > > > > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

> > > >

> > > > Istan did it already, dungeon tokens are great idea! I support this one.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

> > > >

> > > > I wonder why your alt appreciates that RNG exotic chest. I wouldn't if you could choose the gear and leveling in game took like 4-6 mounts. But 1 peace of random exotic per 28 days? Really? :)

> > >

> > >

> > > My poor little alt account doesn’t get many shinies so an exotic each month is a roll of the dice for a new skin for my level 80 to use. So far I’ve gotten a couple of skins to replace the generic, common skins you get from regular drops.

> > >

> > > Edit: I also save up any exotic weapons I get from that monthly chest and when I have enough I Mystic forge them for a chance for a precursor (as unlikely as that chance is) or another new skin.

> > >

> > > Yes, my alt account appreciates those exotics as it has never gotten an exotic as a drop

> >

> > Well, think of what kind of cool skins litl one can get if it had dungeon tokens :)

>

> No doubt. However I don’t do dungeons on my main account and I’m certainly not going to do them on my alt account, so yes, those exotics from my login rewards are greatly appreciated.

>

> And I get it. They aren’t a big deal to you, but not everyone sees things the way you do or plays the game the way you do.

Wait, wait. We we talking of replacing luck and/or exo chest with dungeon tokens, you know kind of a bag you get for ['dungeoning'](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Dungeoneering "'dungeoning'")

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > > > > Oh yes! Dungeon tokens that's a great idea! Can't affect market + account bound!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Technically, it can. You can salvage dungeon gear for ectoplasm.

> > > > >

> > > > > Istan did it already, dungeon tokens are great idea! I support this one.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wonder why your alt appreciates that RNG exotic chest. I wouldn't if you could choose the gear and leveling in game took like 4-6 mounts. But 1 peace of random exotic per 28 days? Really? :)

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > My poor little alt account doesn’t get many shinies so an exotic each month is a roll of the dice for a new skin for my level 80 to use. So far I’ve gotten a couple of skins to replace the generic, common skins you get from regular drops.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: I also save up any exotic weapons I get from that monthly chest and when I have enough I Mystic forge them for a chance for a precursor (as unlikely as that chance is) or another new skin.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, my alt account appreciates those exotics as it has never gotten an exotic as a drop

> > >

> > > Well, think of what kind of cool skins litl one can get if it had dungeon tokens :)

> >

> > No doubt. However I don’t do dungeons on my main account and I’m certainly not going to do them on my alt account, so yes, those exotics from my login rewards are greatly appreciated.

> >

> > And I get it. They aren’t a big deal to you, but not everyone sees things the way you do or plays the game the way you do.

>

> Wait, wait. We we talking of replacing luck and/or exo chest with dungeon tokens, you know kind of a bag you get for ['dungeoning'](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Dungeoneering "'dungeoning'")

Are we? My first post was responding to the OP’s post who said: Get rid of Luck and that Exotic chest for instance. I wasn’t following you closely enough to know you had altered the terms when you asked me why I appreciated the exotic chest.

However if we are talking about giving a choice rather than simple removal then I have no objection to that.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

"Give me better rewards!!"

"What kind of rewards?"

"I don't care, just give me better rewards!"

Is that what you saying?? So let's change it to another Tome of Knowledge, since I maxed my account luck, it would be a better reward for me.

Also, "better reward"... better reward for what? Doing nothing? You get Mystic Coins worth 3/5/8/10 gold the other days, for free.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Can we get a bit of rework on it please Arena.NET. Get rid of Luck and that Exotic chest for instance.

I use both of them. I understand that people with luck maxed out aren't benefiting, so that I could agree with, but getting rid of the exotic? Why? I salvage those for skins and dark matter, and would not want it to stop unless it was replaced with something really good like laurels.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > My low level alt account appreciates getting that luck and exotic gear.

>

> Salvage 10 items and you will get the same amount of luck, only costs you around 20 silver lel.

So that means the reward is worth 20 s plus salvaging tools. It would have to be replaced with something of comparable value.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > I'm not maxed but that 2k luck I get like from salving loot from fractals daily, maybe 2 days. I dunno what to suggest really, it's not up to me, something more rewarding? useful?

>

> The question then still stands: what would you suggest that would be more rewarding and/or useful?

Why does it have to be "more" rewarding, or "more" useful. We are talking about free stuff given to players just for logging onto their characters. You can't expect every day's rewards to be as good as say a Chest of Loyalty.

And if the OP is referring to the Chest of Exotic Equipment: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Exotic_Equipment , are they serious? Even if the reward is account bound, you can still get named gear and even precursors. Not too shabby a way to get some skins you don't have, or at least some dark matter or insignias to sell.