Warrior pvp balance

Naevia Mercer.8671

> @"Naevia Mercer.8671" said:

> > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > The Greatsword matters because if you run any other weapon set on your Warrior you will see very quickly how dependent Warrior is on this weapon in competitive play. So I would say that it matters a great deal.

> >

>

> Obviously they are not going to take it away, so I don't understand the argument. That other weapons could use a rework to be more viable? Either way on warrior it's difficult to have every weapon see its fair share of play. It's ok some are used more than others.

> I'm also not the guy who endlessly tries to +1 a sb on a node. Anyway, I understand your reasoning and can agree with it.

This is something that no simple re-work will fix, because an overhaul of this kind means completely changing the skills on weapons, which Anet very rarely does and has huge balance implications that come with it.

GS is the ONLY weapon in ALL of the warriors arsenal that provide any meaningful mobility to compete with other classes.

Any warrior PVP build that doesn't use GS greatly suffers and usually ends up being kited to death by pretty much anything that is ranged.

GS damage by itself is actually very mediocre, which balances the mobility it gives.

Whats more, that as time passes by and you will play more games, you will get better and have easier time to dodge rush/bull charge and whirlwind, since they are all heavily telegraphed, this is further compromises GS damage output, unlike skills like the guardian's teleport which comes out of nowhere, through walls or terrain without any warning.

GS is used to mostly engage/disengage from fights and not as the primary source of damage.

The "Famous" bullcharge/shield bash+100 blades+sigil of agility combo is near impossible to execute with the amount of passive defenses and stun breaks that classes have these days, so the GS highest damage skill is rarely used to great effect, if at all.

When a warrior wants to deal proper damage and apply meaningful pressure, he switches to Axe/Shield (Core) or Dagger/X (SB).

If a warrior uses hes GS mobility skills as damage sources during a fight (which is sometimes needed in order to generate any adrenaline or damage with a GS.), then he commits himself and in doing so risks death, as the cool down of rush is 16 sec traited and whirlwind has a 8 sec traited with a low range.

The decision making if to use Rush / WW for damage purposes is not done randomly, and can often means a kill or a quick death.

This is why any changes to GS, especially nerfs, will dramatically impact warriors performance.

There is honestly much more to GS and its importance to a warrior than a random player who never played the class can see or understand.

I think GS is finely tuned and balanced as it is now.

> @"asterix.9614" said:

> All I see when duelling war is 0000000000000000000000000000000000, heard condi mirage have it easier with them though (not surprised), I play power so I need to see animation of war, and position properly for burst.

So what you're saying is, you're wasting large portions of your damage and time hitting them while they have endure up instead of simply ccing them or kiting and wasting their time. how to punish double endure pain awful warriors: spike them once, likely they will use endure 1, spike twice, passive endure ticks on, slap them around a bit because they are now paper and you can 3 shot them. Congrats you just learned how to effectively fight bad endure pain warriors (aka every war running endure).

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Naevia Mercer.8671" said:

> > @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > little tip for you Naevia Mercer.8671. Don't facetank the warrior (or any class for that matter) if you play with berserker stats. In pvp there is no class that cannot beat the warrior in a small enough time window so the decap by the warrior would matter (maybe the war can stop you from "caping" it again, if he makes good use of kiting, but he can't cap it either) or can simply tank the warrior for eternity. Everything a war can do a holo does better. Same with soulbeast (Simply a war but with 1500+ range and invis). The str war variant dies so fast if you make one single mistake, a thief is more durable in close range combat(and that is no exaggeration). If you have any problems with a warrior in pvp atm it is just a l2p issue. You are prob low gold at best, right? :anguished:

>

> I will take anything you say from now on with a pinch of salt.

Pinch of salt aye?

Thats rich.

When did we get become the range masters? I missed the patch! The OP is saying all these beautiful things about warrior, I mush have missed something on the patch notes because my warrior cannot even catch up with an Elite skill Great sword elementalist. Heck, my warrior speed is on par with a guardian sword-teleport using NPCs and ambient creatures, walls and gates in WvW.

And certainly my warrior is not even close to the speed against thieves, mesmers, rangers and some sword teleport revenants.

yes, a sword teleport revenant can you imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"gimo.3281" said:

> as far as ive seen, a spellbreaker can kill 2 power based/damage mesmers (AND) 2 warriors/spellbreakers/powerbased either ranged(rifle)/gs or gs/gs.

>

> either on full ascended or exotics. with the right consumables.

Lies, how on earth can a warrior kill 2 POWER mesmers ranging him from 1200 units and with evades and teleports?

Perhaps if the mesmers are noobs who just got the game, then it is possible.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"gimo.3281" said:

> > as far as ive seen, a spellbreaker can kill 2 power based/damage mesmers (AND) 2 warriors/spellbreakers/powerbased either ranged(rifle)/gs or gs/gs.

> >

> > either on full ascended or exotics. with the right consumables.

>

> Lies, how on earth can a warrior kill 2 POWER mesmers ranging him from 1200 units and with evades and teleports?

> Perhaps if the mesmers are noobs who just got the game, then it is possible.

Hmm, gs #3/5 bulls charge has no mobility, right. Seen people even use rampage just get in the mesmers face.

You do seem to complain a lot and mostly for garbage reasons too.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > @"gimo.3281" said:

> > > as far as ive seen, a spellbreaker can kill 2 power based/damage mesmers (AND) 2 warriors/spellbreakers/powerbased either ranged(rifle)/gs or gs/gs.

> > >

> > > either on full ascended or exotics. with the right consumables.

> >

> > Lies, how on earth can a warrior kill 2 POWER mesmers ranging him from 1200 units and with evades and teleports?

> > Perhaps if the mesmers are noobs who just got the game, then it is possible.

>

> Hmm, gs #3/5 bulls charge has no mobility, right. Seen people even use rampage just get in the mesmers face.

>

> You do seem to complain a lot and mostly for garbage reasons too.

Tell me smart boy, when the warrior is fighting two power mesmers, what is the other power mesmer going to do?

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > > @"gimo.3281" said:

> > > > as far as ive seen, a spellbreaker can kill 2 power based/damage mesmers (AND) 2 warriors/spellbreakers/powerbased either ranged(rifle)/gs or gs/gs.

> > > >

> > > > either on full ascended or exotics. with the right consumables.

> > >

> > > Lies, how on earth can a warrior kill 2 POWER mesmers ranging him from 1200 units and with evades and teleports?

> > > Perhaps if the mesmers are noobs who just got the game, then it is possible.

> >

> > Hmm, gs #3/5 bulls charge has no mobility, right. Seen people even use rampage just get in the mesmers face.

> >

> > You do seem to complain a lot and mostly for garbage reasons too.

>

> Tell me smart boy, when the warrior is fighting two power mesmers, what is the other power mesmer going to do?

Which 1?

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > > > @"gimo.3281" said:

> > > > > as far as ive seen, a spellbreaker can kill 2 power based/damage mesmers (AND) 2 warriors/spellbreakers/powerbased either ranged(rifle)/gs or gs/gs.

> > > > >

> > > > > either on full ascended or exotics. with the right consumables.

> > > >

> > > > Lies, how on earth can a warrior kill 2 POWER mesmers ranging him from 1200 units and with evades and teleports?

> > > > Perhaps if the mesmers are noobs who just got the game, then it is possible.

> > >

> > > Hmm, gs #3/5 bulls charge has no mobility, right. Seen people even use rampage just get in the mesmers face.

> > >

> > > You do seem to complain a lot and mostly for garbage reasons too.

> >

> > Tell me smart boy, when the warrior is fighting two power mesmers, what is the other power mesmer going to do?

>

> Which 1?

I'm assuming the one the warrior isn't currently going after, because if they're both stacked on top of each other they deserve to lose. ;)

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"gimo.3281" said:

> > as far as ive seen, a spellbreaker can kill 2 power based/damage mesmers (AND) 2 warriors/spellbreakers/powerbased either ranged(rifle)/gs or gs/gs.

> >

> > either on full ascended or exotics. with the right consumables.

>

> Lies, how on earth can a warrior kill 2 POWER mesmers ranging him from 1200 units and with evades and teleports?

> Perhaps if the mesmers are noobs who just got the game, then it is possible.

if you haven't seen it, then you're reaction is natural.

but yeah, those 2 mesmers, i remember or maybe the 1, had the PvP legendary backpiece(s).

And same effin guild tags.

This is why even in the outside world, there are the believers and skeptics.

DOOOOOO YYOUUUUUUUUU BEEEEELIIIIIEEEEEVVEEEE?

lel.

And will you believe if i tell you that the WvW Overgrown Grub is soloable by a class with full exotics only without making the Grub idle/aka glitching it?

WILLL YYYOOUUU BEEEELIIIEVE?

.V.. ..I..