Team ArenaNet and Extra Life 2018

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > Up to over 8k in donations so far. Just said if they reach 9k in the next hour preview of new PvP maps

>

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > 11k they'll tease new Conquest map.

>

> Thats some impressive teasing going on xD

For the children! I've been impressed how fast the donations have been rolling in so far. About 2k raised in an hour for the PvP teasers, so now at over 11k in donations. Glad to see the real world generosity from GW2 players. This is one of my favorite GW2 events since I followed it last year. Don't think I'll make it the full 24 hours of viewing, might need a few hours of sleep. :D

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > Up to over 8k in donations so far. Just said if they reach 9k in the next hour preview of new PvP maps

> >

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > 11k they'll tease new Conquest map.

> >

> > Thats some impressive teasing going on xD

>

> For the children! I've been impressed how fast the donations have been rolling in so far. About 2k raised in an hour, so now at over 11k in donations. Glad to see the real world generosity from GW2 players.

its 24 hours right? saddly cant donate atm due to banks being closed. :(

If only specific gemstore purchases counted towards this event, the gaming population would be more inclined to donate.

For example, 800 gem purchase of revive orbs, would give you 10 orbs and would be donated to actual "event".

Or 2100 gem purchase for 25 black lion keys would give a $20 donation for the time of the promotion.

That way the people who donate actually receive an item immediately and more revenue would be generated for the time of the event !

> @"OutOfOrder.3719" said:

> If only specific gemstore purchases counted towards this event, the gaming population would be more inclined to donate.

>

> For example, 800 gem purchase of revive orbs, would give you 10 orbs and would be donated to actual "event".

>

> Or 2100 gem purchase for 25 black lion keys would give a $20 donation for the time of the promotion.

>

> That way the people who donate actually receive an item immediately and more revenue would be generated for the time of the event !

At that point it not donating though, i mean i get the concept, World of Tanks does similiar things with musuems and such, and i usually always buy a really expensive tank package, but this is something a little more impactful.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> I heard that after watching the stream we'll get an in game mail. How do we link our Twitch account to our GW2 account because otherwise that would be impossible.

[Here are the details](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/our-24-hour-extra-life-stream-begins-tomorrow/ "Here are the details"). The in-game mail is not linked to your Twitch account. But it IS linked to how much we raise for Children's Miracle Network hospitals! [You can donate here](https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.team&teamID=41864 "You can donate here"). #ForTheKids

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone, [check out the Extra Life leaderboard right now](https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.teamLeaderboard "check out the Extra Life leaderboard right now")! I'm sure that it will change once the official game day gets up and running, but right now, at this moment, Team ArenaNet is #5 out of 4,795 teams participating in Extra Life.

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027239/uploads/editor/j6/cfztbee18pe1.png "")