Speculation on Missing E-Spec Roles

InsaneQR.7412

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> >

> > **This is a speculations so stop attacking ppl by making suggestions.** This is mainly to fill the missing role gaps professions are missing and thief has no support so ppl suggest support, deal with it and make your own suggestion. It makes a discussion more fruitfull if someone just calls out his imagination in juxtaposition against the others and not just bashes it because he wants sonething else.

> > >

> > **> So make a suggestion. **

> >

> > You did me bamboozle right there. Also i am not attacking ppl i am discussing. You show me your view i show you mine. It is normal. I know we can disagree that is why we show proves of our reasoning and we can compare them. You said yours i said mine. You wont get anywhere if you wont discuss a topic. Just suggesting wont do any good since you will get 1000k opinions but you will never know which are bad or good cuz you wont discuss them. I tried to disscus it a bit further i am sorry if you didnt like it.

> >

> >

>

> Still waiting for a role suggestion missing on thief. I assume from your opinion and icon you main thief. So i want to know what a main thief thinks what thief misses fitting to be filled from an e-spec.

Another DPS spec. Tank and support doesnt +1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Jack Redline.5379"

What I suggested are simply fun ideas that I'd personally like to see. I obviously have no influence over ANet's decision-making so wanted to just have fun with my ideas. I also did not elaborate on them whatsoever and I saw a lot of assumptions being made from the very little detail I posted. I never mentioned anything about clones and I don't think that thieves should get clones (although I do want Thieves Guild to have the same armor as the player because their current armor is ugly).

You do have a point about thief's traitines having minimal support, but to a lesser extent the same could be said for ranger traitlines but they still did druid (NM being the only support-focused core line). As a hypothetical, SA could have newfound synergy if they emphasized stealth as support and tweaked the mechanic in new ways to support this, and Trickery is useful for anyone wanting more initiative, which is always relevant. You're probably right thst it wont happen, but I'm just saying it's not impossible. You have the right to hate the idea just as I have the right to hate Deadeye and the direction they have taken with it. We clearly have different visions for the class and that's fine. I trust ANet's collective creativity enough to know that they could still differentiate it enough from the mesmer class. Mirage was made to be more thief-like but it is still distinctly itself and they feel very different to fight than thieves. But hey, like I said, it's just fun speculation for things I'd like to see.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> What I suggested are simply fun ideas that I'd personally like to see. I obviously have no influence over ANet's decision-making so wanted to just have fun with my ideas. I also did not elaborate on them whatsoever and I saw a lot of assumptions being made from the very little detail I posted. I never mentioned anything about clones and I don't think that thieves should get clones (although I do want Thieves Guild to have the same armor as the player because their current armor is ugly).

>

> You do have a point about thief's traitines having minimal support, but to a lesser extent the same could be said for ranger traitlines but they still did druid (NM being the only support-focused core line). As a hypothetical, SA could have newfound synergy if they emphasized stealth as support and tweaked the mechanic in new ways to support this, and Trickery is useful for anyone wanting more initiative, which is always relevant. You're probably right thst it wont happen, but I'm just saying it's not impossible. You have the right to hate the idea just as I have the right to hate Deadeye and the direction they have taken with it. We clearly have different visions for the class and that's fine. I trust ANet's collective creativity enough to know that they could still differentiate it enough from the mesmer class. Mirage was made to be more thief-like but it is still distinctly itself and they feel very different to fight than thieves. But hey, like I said, it's just fun speculation for things I'd like to see.

Thats exactly the purpose of this thread.

Making fun suggestions you wanna see.

Ranger with scepter for example sounds horrible for me if its a casting weapon. If its a more magical version of mace with mid range AoE similar to mace on rev i would love it.

In the end it depends on the execution.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > What I suggested are simply fun ideas that I'd personally like to see. I obviously have no influence over ANet's decision-making so wanted to just have fun with my ideas. I also did not elaborate on them whatsoever and I saw a lot of assumptions being made from the very little detail I posted. I never mentioned anything about clones and I don't think that thieves should get clones (although I do want Thieves Guild to have the same armor as the player because their current armor is ugly).

> >

> > You do have a point about thief's traitines having minimal support, but to a lesser extent the same could be said for ranger traitlines but they still did druid (NM being the only support-focused core line). As a hypothetical, SA could have newfound synergy if they emphasized stealth as support and tweaked the mechanic in new ways to support this, and Trickery is useful for anyone wanting more initiative, which is always relevant. You're probably right thst it wont happen, but I'm just saying it's not impossible. You have the right to hate the idea just as I have the right to hate Deadeye and the direction they have taken with it. We clearly have different visions for the class and that's fine. I trust ANet's collective creativity enough to know that they could still differentiate it enough from the mesmer class. Mirage was made to be more thief-like but it is still distinctly itself and they feel very different to fight than thieves. But hey, like I said, it's just fun speculation for things I'd like to see.

>

> Thats exactly the purpose of this thread.

> Making fun suggestions you wanna see.

>

> Ranger with scepter for example sounds horrible for me if its a casting weapon. If its a more magical version of mace with mid range AoE similar to mace on rev i would love it.

> In the end it depends on the execution.

Yeah, execution really does make a difference. When I heard Mirage was getting axe I was like WTF but in practice it is a very cool spin on the weapon and they made it fit very well for the spec.

I like that Ranger is a very versatile class. I'd be happy with basically any weapon it gets other than pistols or rifles, but that's simply my personal bias and even if they did, the spec is a lot more than the weapon itself (as is evidenced by Soulbeast).

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> @""InsaneQR.7412" said:

okay i guess i have done something wrong i am sorry about that i am simply used to go straitght to the matter and discuss more freely than i probably should. Yes insaneQR i do main thief and i already said what i guess they are going to get in next expansion in my very first post. just like i did for all other classes

nobody actually gave feedback to that. which i expected ppl to do since we are in forum and that is place where ppl discuss stuff.

"Thief = I believe and hope and pray to all gods that thief gets double dagger condi dps espec. With AoE traps. That is what i pray for cuz thieves already got two power based especs and basically nobody uses traps to deal dmg with them. And yet it is awesome gameplay just waiting to be grabbed i can tell i main condi trapper. It is just so much pleasure to see someone just wander in ur Needle trap and see them die there as they were about leash out on you. So i would just hope it ends up like this. I dont really see thief as support for main reason. It is thief. He steals he doesnt give."

Also i dont think i understand now you said you want fun suggestions so you dont want suggestions that ppl think should come up? If i am to make fun suggestions i say lets give everyone warhorn and let them DOOT at each other till the end of Oktober cuz Halloween.

Pterikdactyl

I am glad you despise Deadeyes. I do as well. And yes you are right taht Ranger was made druid altho he doesnt have that many sup traits in core. but ranger is different in one main aspect. They have the pet. The pet does quite a deal for them in most game modes. Also in raids where i guess druid is considered as full suport class. And also they have way more life than thief does. If a druid runs full Harrier they have at least 5k more life than thief. They are also thematically fittin since they are like tree huggers. And thus they are healer supporters.

You said you would like shadow magic which according to everyone lately thief posseses to work as healing and portection for allies if i understood it right. Okay. I will look at it from the gameplay wiev

First of all. It will have to work as AoE since scepter is AoE weapon and healing/cloaking is also Area dependant skill. So the thief would have to be constantly at the team to be able to be fully use this new trait line. This might not be such an issue in WvW and Raids but as i said above. Thief has very small life. If you put this Shadowmender to a zerg in WvW he will need to be protected and wont be able to heal/protect front line only the ranged ppl in back since first scourge that would come his way would roast the hell out of him. For more this kind of thief would have to run something that would give him concentration. As far as Traits go it could be Acrobatic traitline okay that is still okay but the gear would have to add smoe concentration as well which means more con less power/condi dmg.

Which will again reduce theives dps. Which in this state of game isnt an opption. Even if thief would be as good as ranger in this healing support. there are still Weavers and Engineers above him. Which means with as little dps he would give with such armor and trait lines nobody would want him in squad or in zerg. They couldnt even have deadly arts or crit strikes since they would need Trickery for extra ini to cast those skills with the new main or off hand weapon. (somehow everyone wants it to be a scepter.)

I am sad to say this but only thing thieves can do is dodge. We only survive thanks to that.

Currently the best armor for a support thief would be Plaguedoctor or Seraph. Both hilariously expensive. And all the power thieves would crucify Anet cuz they would have to swap to condi since that would shrink their power to 0.

Also in PVP thief like this would be useless. When do you need to get your team cloacked while caping point? never cuz that will cancel your caping. for more De would nail this thief to the floor with one shot. They couldnt have extra dodge DD has since that is DD's thing and they would not have high enogh mobility or dps to kill enemies.

I am writing this as discusion okay i am not attacking anyone I was asked for my opinion and i answered to what you said. ok

@""Jack Redline.5379" i did gave an answer to your first post.

And i agree that weapons at some point will no longer will be sufficient and qeapon refunctioning will become a thing but i doubt that they will do that at next expansion.

To give thief better condi dps and trap use they could simply improve them. Instead of baking the into an e-spec. So i doubt too that this will happen.

Yes dont worry i see this as an opinion and not as an attack.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> Thief actually has boon stealing and denial to some extent and it could be easily expanded on and turned into a support feature. After all Saul's "thief" aspect steals boons too.

Yeah that is what i was going at.

Maybe even get a totally new mechanic that replaces steal would be interesting bit lets see.

I'd just have one question then. Why support? These shadow and deception skills could be used for control based spec as well. I read about a Brigand idea with either main or off hand mace. Such class could as well use shadowstep and stealth I'd say even mire effectively. So where did this idea of shadiw suooirt came from? Also it could be shield i couldnt dig up the topic it was long ago. But since it would melee based it would make more sense to me. So why support? For a class which since forever has been dps?

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> I'd just have one question then. Why support? These shadow and deception skills could be used for control based spec as well. I read about a Brigand idea with either main or off hand mace. Such class could as well use shadowstep and stealth I'd say even mire effectively. So where did this idea of shadiw suooirt came from? Also it could be shield i couldnt dig up the topic it was long ago. But since it would melee based it would make more sense to me. So why support? For a class which since forever has been dps?

Because DD had several sources of CC and had a tanky aspect with evade spam.

DE is definetly more a DPS spec (although really missed opportunity for a good boon support, but maybe it will be one day).

So many think a support spec is missing. Ofc a new control spec with more AoE focus would also be something rather unique we havent got yet.

I will only talk about Thief because it's the only class I really know and when I try other class I always come back to Thief.

First I understand why people want support thief. It's because thief is a selfish class right now and people will be more interested in taking thief in their group if they can bring more than pure selfish single target DPS.

But I agree with @""Jack Redline.5379" I don't think people who play thief want that.

And I also think it will be great to make trap more viable.

So if they give new weapon :

The ambusher

New weapon : warhorn (or other off hand weapon that could make sense with summoning)

This spec will be focused on trap and calling your fellow thieves. That's why I thought about warhorn to summon thieves like the elite skill. New traps will be added like explosives ones to add some AOE.

If they don't add new weapon

Make shortbow stronger maybe rework it. It still can fit the trapper idea with dropping traps while shooting from range and keep your distance from you enemy.

I also like the idea of shield for more survivability specially since most of thief weapon set are based on auto attack or main hand weapon skill

Thief Dancer Support dps booster and some heals

Mesmer Musician support healer

Guardian Rifle Priest- total dps cleric gone bad

Warrior Hulk that uses strength a dual wield focuses to channel power

revenant summons spirits can take on any role based on spirits channeled

ranger beast rider- damage and controller

engi- golemancer damage and controller

Necro- Bonecollector dps with boost to minions for control

ele- soloist- using a single element role changes based on element able to weapons swap.

Once upon a time I was playing with a Thief elite spec based around team support and conditions with an adventurer, Indiana Jones, sabateur, arsonist sort of mashup. The idea was sort-of "engineer through the eyes of thief".

Steal became "Steal Light" which was a single target channel that pulsed blind on a target for somewhere between 1 and 2 sec and granted the Thief a new resource called Shadow Light. F2 through F5 were artifacts that could be powered by Shadow Light and had support functionality in mind.

Stealth was replaced with something like Shadow Cloak or Night Cloak, a buff effect that inherited stealth trait effects, reduced incoming damage, and dropped target on initial activation. While under the effects of Shadow/Night Cloak the Thief's F2 through F5 would swap over to a different set of skills, alternative activations for the artifacts.

One line of traits focused on condition output, but the other two on support. There were also traits to boost Shadow Light gain outside of Steal Light.

> @"Artyport.2084" said:

> Thief Dancer Support dps booster and some heals

> Mesmer Musician support healer

> Guardian Rifle Priest- total dps cleric gone bad

> Warrior Hulk that uses strength a dual wield focuses to channel power

> revenant summons spirits can take on any role based on spirits channeled

> ranger beast rider- damage and controller

> engi- golemancer damage and controller

> Necro- Bonecollector dps with boost to minions for control

> ele- soloist- using a single element role changes based on element able to weapons swap.

>

Dancer would fit mesmer bettwr IMO. Double dagger as a ranged AoE weapon would be something cool and new for the profession and the weapon.

Ibstead of riffle pistol would fit a guard vettwr to be the priest gone rogue tbh but i wouldn't put a firearm on a guard actually but The archetype idea is cool though.

For your warrior i cant say anything. Except that it sounds a bit monkish but thats it.

For rev summoning spirits is already sonewhat of a thing with kalla and renegade so it doesnt seem so novel to me.

Could you elaborate how they would differ?

Rangers riding their own pet would be weird tbh. It would conflict with mounts heavily and surely be odd for some of the pets. In addition to that it can be difgicult to handle the pet mechanic if they didnt overhaul it properly before next expac ships.

New necro spec that focusses on control and tankyness could be cool. I hope they repurpose the minionmaster mechanic from the PoF story into something cool and unique. But vefore that they need to overhaul stuff but thats off topic.

Ele with weaponswap is surely many though about. Something i would like to see is that a weapon changes range and role completely with elements so you can be a melee brawler with earth and a range sniper with air etc and ajust on the fly.

Hoe that could work out with only one element i have no clue. Maybe just 2 instead of 4 and you get improved skills over that? Idk i am abit clueless about ele except that it needs better control cappabbilities.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Artyport.2084" said:

> > Thief Dancer Support dps booster and some heals

> > Mesmer Musician support healer

> > Guardian Rifle Priest- total dps cleric gone bad

> > Warrior Hulk that uses strength a dual wield focuses to channel power

> > revenant summons spirits can take on any role based on spirits channeled

> > ranger beast rider- damage and controller

> > engi- golemancer damage and controller

> > Necro- Bonecollector dps with boost to minions for control

> > ele- soloist- using a single element role changes based on element able to weapons swap.

> >

>

> Dancer would fit mesmer bettwr IMO. Double dagger as a ranged AoE weapon would be something cool and new for the profession and the weapon.

>

> Ibstead of riffle pistol would fit a guard vettwr to be the priest gone rogue tbh but i wouldn't put a firearm on a guard actually but The archetype idea is cool though.

>

> For your warrior i cant say anything. Except that it sounds a bit monkish but thats it.

>

> For rev summoning spirits is already sonewhat of a thing with kalla and renegade so it doesnt seem so novel to me.

> Could you elaborate how they would differ?

>

> Rangers riding their own pet would be weird tbh. It would conflict with mounts heavily and surely be odd for some of the pets. In addition to that it can be difgicult to handle the pet mechanic if they didnt overhaul it properly before next expac ships.

>

> New necro spec that focusses on control and tankyness could be cool. I hope they repurpose the minionmaster mechanic from the PoF story into something cool and unique. But vefore that they need to overhaul stuff but thats off topic.

>

> Ele with weaponswap is surely many though about. Something i would like to see is that a weapon changes range and role completely with elements so you can be a melee brawler with earth and a range sniper with air etc and ajust on the fly.

> Hoe that could work out with only one element i have no clue. Maybe just 2 instead of 4 and you get improved skills over that? Idk i am abit clueless about ele except that it needs better control cappabbilities.

i personally see dancer as the only really strong possibility for thief support. Off hand sword lots of twirling through the air.

The mesmer already has the mirage for its very mobile class so I'd perfer it got something a little slower with bard like mechanics.

I'm thinking more brute. for the warrior. super powered punches

I"m down for pistol too for guard but we really need more rifle users.

Yeah i guess that does encroach on kallah. I was kinda hoping for more of a summoner vibe with a scepter and more direct control over your summons.

with the ranger i would narrow it down to only a few pet types that it transforms into a larger version for a small duration and with throw spears off of them.

Wolf. Bears. Birds. and cats would turn into great versions of themselves and would work like a transform gaining new skills.

omg.. yes that path of fire necro story line was fun.

i just wanna play a full heal water ele with a staff and scepter

> @"Artyport.2084" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Artyport.2084" said:

> > > Thief Dancer Support dps booster and some heals

> > > Mesmer Musician support healer

> > > Guardian Rifle Priest- total dps cleric gone bad

> > > Warrior Hulk that uses strength a dual wield focuses to channel power

> > > revenant summons spirits can take on any role based on spirits channeled

> > > ranger beast rider- damage and controller

> > > engi- golemancer damage and controller

> > > Necro- Bonecollector dps with boost to minions for control

> > > ele- soloist- using a single element role changes based on element able to weapons swap.

> > >

> >

> > Dancer would fit mesmer bettwr IMO. Double dagger as a ranged AoE weapon would be something cool and new for the profession and the weapon.

> >

> > Ibstead of riffle pistol would fit a guard vettwr to be the priest gone rogue tbh but i wouldn't put a firearm on a guard actually but The archetype idea is cool though.

> >

> > For your warrior i cant say anything. Except that it sounds a bit monkish but thats it.

> >

> > For rev summoning spirits is already sonewhat of a thing with kalla and renegade so it doesnt seem so novel to me.

> > Could you elaborate how they would differ?

> >

> > Rangers riding their own pet would be weird tbh. It would conflict with mounts heavily and surely be odd for some of the pets. In addition to that it can be difgicult to handle the pet mechanic if they didnt overhaul it properly before next expac ships.

> >

> > New necro spec that focusses on control and tankyness could be cool. I hope they repurpose the minionmaster mechanic from the PoF story into something cool and unique. But vefore that they need to overhaul stuff but thats off topic.

> >

> > Ele with weaponswap is surely many though about. Something i would like to see is that a weapon changes range and role completely with elements so you can be a melee brawler with earth and a range sniper with air etc and ajust on the fly.

> > Hoe that could work out with only one element i have no clue. Maybe just 2 instead of 4 and you get improved skills over that? Idk i am abit clueless about ele except that it needs better control cappabbilities.

>

> i personally see dancer as the only really strong possibility for thief support. Off hand sword lots of twirling through the air.

> The mesmer already has the mirage for its very mobile class so I'd perfer it got something a little slower with bard like mechanics.

>

> I'm thinking more brute. for the warrior. super powered punches

>

> I"m down for pistol too for guard but we really need more rifle users.

>

> Yeah i guess that does encroach on kallah. I was kinda hoping for more of a summoner vibe with a scepter and more direct control over your summons.

>

> with the ranger i would narrow it down to only a few pet types that it transforms into a larger version for a small duration and with throw spears off of them.

> Wolf. Bears. Birds. and cats would turn into great versions of themselves and would work like a transform gaining new skills.

>

> omg.. yes that path of fire necro story line was fun.

>

> i just wanna play a full heal water ele with a staff and scepter

I think the more gracious approach is just a more mesmering thibg to do i assume.

Double sword bruiser would be fun though for thief. Like the old shadowcloak assasin that tanked via dmg evasion. Would be a bit similar to DD though.

Warrior as a brute melee CC dude would be fitting with staff honestly . Focus could be really silly just thinking about the designs. Slapping ppl with 2 skulls would be funny though.

The ranger idea of yours has one big problem i mostly disagree here. It only affects a fraction of the pets. This already a glaring issue and thus i am definetly not a fan off it.

I would rather want to see that petswap is replaced by a totem mode that transforms your pet into a ventari-tablet like casting tool for area control, buffing and dmg. I am not against landspear, but it seems rather unlikely. Thus i am more on double scepter/double mace as a mid-close range AoE weapons.

(quiet obvious i main ranger ^^)

For rev i have actually i quiet soffisticated design idea. It focusses more on diversity and enhancing base legends. No new legend as utility skills (only as mechanic) and glyphs as utility skills that can be slotted in and replace legend skills.

The new mechanic is using razzahs legendary powers to enhance the bond between you and your legend and transform your weaponskills into legend skills of the legend of your choice.

These skills account as razzahs new legend skills and as the skills of your current channeled legend.

I would love to see ranger either get mainhand scepter and be focused on offensive destroy everything magic and be focused on AoE damage and CC, or to get a hammer with Physical (or Rage) skills and just be complete bunny thumper juggernaughts.

Also, to all these people thinking ranger is a support class baseline lol, that is JUST druid.

i would like to see

thief - using more his stolen skills like f1-f5 and can steal much often like 10 sec. would it be pure support oriented probably not, but can be boon/condition cleanse oriented

engi - build and create area mechanism which focus on aoe dmg and support

ranger - focus on beast skills mainly to do dmg for him and can control 3 pets. f1-f4 for 1 pet, skill 1-5 second pet, utilities 7-10 third pet.

ele - focus on 2 element and not 4. the 2 element effect also the utilities skills

mesmer - create allies illusions . so more support allies with clones and allied illusion do nice dmg according to the ally profession

necro - focus more on minions self sustain. drain nrg from enemies to create minions for short duration. self bleed to create minions etc...

warrior - dmg reduction to allies around him

guardian - dmg modifier to allies around him

revenent - focus on shadow dmg from the mist. like ritualist summon binding spirits

I could actually see a flagellant style Guardian class, heavy damage and condition resist, offhand dagger as a new weapon and skills that give boons but also add conditions to the Guardian, kind of like corrupt skills but call them sacrifice skills or something. Maybe extra health and damage when they get downed too.

I see many people in the forums lately suggesting that elementalist should have a specialization that uses 2 attunements instead of 4. While I really like the concept of the idea, since my elementalist is mostly themed after a certain element, I cannot help but think that this is yet another terrible idea for an elementalist elite spec. How exactly would you pull this off? The only way that I can think of is by giving weapon swap and making you choose to use 2 elements exclusively. The problem with this is that you can combine all the good fire and air skills in one build to make a PvE DPS build that makes even weavers and deadeyes envious. The only way they could nerf this is to nerf lots of core skills, which will completely destroy core ele and the other elite specs. In addition to this issue, this would be yet another terrible ele spec in PvP. You basically get 20 core ele skills that no other profession even has to worry about avoiding, since you can usually just walk out of them. Or maybe you make yet another tanky PvP build out of water and earth. The elementalist will get no new tools to be competitive in PvP with, it can only use core skills which are not even close to enough. Not even weaver is good there at the moment. This could only maybe work if the new weapon is designed around the concept, but then only the new weapon would be usable.

The elementalist needs something radically different. Something that makes the profession self-sufficient. Tempest is designed to support groups, while weaver is designed to be supported from groups. Self-sufficiency is desperately needed.

@""Ganathar.4956"

I agree tht ele needs something self sufficient, but this still could be accomplished by a mechanic that only involves two elements. It depends on the execution though.

Lets say ele gets weaponswap and only 2 out of 4 elements per weaponset.

Its debatable if you could only 2 on one weaponset and the other 2 on the other or if you cpuld just customize freely. The formwr would probably be easier to balance.

Now you cozld run dmg on one side and defense on the other or bit both depending on element. With more CC granted by the new weapon or utilities this could give an exelent opportunity for ele as a selfsufgicient control spec.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> @""Ganathar.4956"

>

> I agree tht ele needs something self sufficient, but this still could be accomplished by a mechanic that only involves two elements. It depends on the execution though.

> Lets say ele gets weaponswap and only 2 out of 4 elements per weaponset.

> Its debatable if you could only 2 on one weaponset and the other 2 on the other or if you cpuld just customize freely. The formwr would probably be easier to balance.

> Now you cozld run dmg on one side and defense on the other or bit both depending on element. With more CC granted by the new weapon or utilities this could give an exelent opportunity for ele as a selfsufgicient control spec.

This is what I was thinking too.

Select two elements, one for F1 and one for F2. Weapon swap then swaps to the alternate weapon set and to the two remaining elements.

Could easily see traits focus on weapon swap effects, especially based around the two elements chosen, similar to 'on-attunement" traits.

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> No coment yet? Well have mine

>

> Also my theories would be as follows

>

> I believe Anet is no longer going to add new weapons for classes since after some time we would basically be able to fight with everything. Imo they are gonna make elite with a weapon set we already have.

I think this is an interesting idea but how would they accomplish this? What if a guardian wanted to take the elite spec for the traits/new class function only but wanted to use greatsword the way it is currently without taking the elite spec version?