[Feedback] Mad King's Raceway [merged]

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > THANKS ANET. I sure do love when things get nerfed to the point i dont even have to think to do them. I feel so accomplished and fulfilled with the mad participation award achievement.

> > > >

> > > > #ParticipationAwards2

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > But in all seriousness the achievement will be here for 3 weeks. If some ppl could get 40~ sec the first or 2nd day of release then i feel its fine if others take abit longer.

> > > >

> > > > If 3 weeks arent enough for you then heh better luck next time.

> > >

> > > It's not "just a bit longer".

> > >

> > > For many people it wouldn't be achievable...no matter how much practice. Which locks people out of the festival meta.

> > >

> > > It's a festival. It doesn't need to stroke your ego. There's plenty of other content to do so.

> > > Mind the gold reward chest, would still do so.

> > >

> > > Why do you want people not to be able to participate in the meta achieves and have fun?

> > >

> >

> > The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

> >

> > Furthermore this has nothing to do with my ego. Im expressing my disatisfaction with somethingthing that would have given me enjoyment trying to get being nerfed because theres apparently some rule which states that all achievements should be first time achievements and participation awards. "Because its a festival", SAB is also a festival.

> >

> > Also, i nowhere said i dont want ppl to participate in the meta or the achievements or have the freedom to participate, the race is open (it is my understanding at least) to everyone. No li, kp or 9 friends needed.

> >

> > The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

> >

> > Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

>

> there were two very difficult achieves.. the clock tower or the beetle race.

>

> Meaning one of them was required.

> And chances are, many people who can't do the clock tower can't do the beetle either.

>

> Making a difficult achieve a requirement of the festival meta is bad, imo.

> And Anet clearly agrees.

>

> What's stopping you from still trying to get it? there's still a leader board, gold reward is still very difficult.

> Why can't that give you enjoyment?

> Why do you need to lock people out of the meta to enjoy it? (Which you do when a majority of players probably can't do it. Aa the same as far as I know, the majority of players can't beat the clock tower either.

> So having two difficult achieves would've locked them out of finishing the meta.

>

> Knowing how to do it, doesn't mean it's possible to do.

> I know how to do clock tower, I've watched loads of videos ..I still can't do it. There's one spot I cannot get past fast enough.

> No matter how many times I do it.

>

> The same goes for the beetle. That mount moves too fast for me.

>

> I for example looked at the 1 minute achieve and decided not to bother with any of the achieves because id have been stuck at 8/10. Now with the change, I'm doing the rest too.

>

> If this was the case for the majority of players, then the change was necessary. (and I agree with it.. it is just a chill festival, why does having more people being able to complete the meta ruin your enjoyment? )

>

>

Why should they change content for ppl who wont even bother to try it?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

. . .

> The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

>

> Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

The Ping/latency issues that impact doing this race on beetle (completely ignoring for a moment the fact that beetle does not perform the same for everyone) also impact doing the JP. That means that those players whose region is prone to perpetual high latency may be unable to do either. I see someone has posted a video of doing this on high ping, so clearly still not impossible, but the difficulty level is significantly increased. . . On already very challenging content. That means a whole segment of players are penalized not for their skill level, not for their amount of play time, but simply for where they live. Then you add in players who have problems with their ISP, and the mount inconsistency problems and it should become more apparent why they made this change. As many have already said, there are still leaderboards and gold to strive for.

It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

>

> But can they finish it without the beetle full stop? Because I don't think they can.

Are you implying people don't have access to the beetle?

> @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

Just because people like a challenge doesnt mean they have no compassion or dont have goodwill towards other players.

In fact most suggestions simply point out that there's options that would at least leave some (new/different) challenge amongst the acchievements while also giving those who arent as good at the game something to go for.

For me farm and excessive time requiring achievements are just as bad as something that may be a bit on the harder side of content.

But do those get swift action? Nope.

> @"Rischdara.4137" said:

>

> This mentality drives me crazy - now its done without any effort. I trained yesterday for like 3 Hours and finally managed it. (i had no clue how to use beetle before) i was kinda proud and hoped not every1 can do it so i could maybe even climb up in Achievement leaderboard a Little, since im alrdy in top 100.

Not everyone has the luxury of 3 hours to waste on learning a track with so little to gain from......here to enjoy the game not to work.

This isn't gran turismo, its like being forced to learn and play golf in one of the levels on resident evil.

> @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

Wow, just wow...

First off, I’m not saying that they should or should not have nerfed this achievement. I’m really just responding to the tenor of your comment.

In any game (as in life for that matter) there are always going to be things that you can do, but others just can’t — for any number of reasons. Hell, my over 40 year old fingers don't skate across my keyboard like they used to. And I am happy to help/port my wife through jump puzzles and timed events like this one, because she has trouble with them.

I’ve played a lot of MMOs over the years, and I can say that GW2 has one of the best and least toxic [overall] communities that I have experienced. Spare a little compassion for your fellow GW2 players. We come in all levels of ability.

> @"Boingo.5264" said:

> > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

>

> Wow, just wow...

>

> First off, I’m not saying that they should or should not have nerfed this achievement. I’m really just responding to the tenor of your comment.

>

> In any game (as in life for that matter) there are always going to be things that you can do, but others just can’t — for any number of reasons. Hell, my over 40 year old fingers don't skate across my keyboard like they used to. And I am happy to help/port my wife through jump puzzles and timed events like this one, because she has trouble with them.

>

> I’ve played a lot of MMOs over the years, and I can say that GW2 has one of the best and least toxic [overall] communities that I have experienced. Spare a little compassion for your fellow GW2 players. We come in all levels of ability.

Have some perspective. Challenges in life come in all levels of difficulty. Maybe you're not cut out for some of them.

> > @"Boingo.5264" said:

> > > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > > I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

> >

> > Wow, just wow...

> >

> > First off, I’m not saying that they should or should not have nerfed this achievement. I’m really just responding to the tenor of your comment.

> >

> > In any game (as in life for that matter) there are always going to be things that you can do, but others just can’t — for any number of reasons. Hell, my over 40 year old fingers don't skate across my keyboard like they used to. And I am happy to help/port my wife through jump puzzles and timed events like this one, because she has trouble with them.

> >

> > I’ve played a lot of MMOs over the years, and I can say that GW2 has one of the best and least toxic [overall] communities that I have experienced. Spare a little compassion for your fellow GW2 players. We come in all levels of ability.

>

> Have some perspective. Challenges in life come in all levels of difficulty. Maybe you're not cut out for some of them.

I totally agree that challenges come in all levels — that’s not my point. I even gave you an example of someone close to me that is not, as you say, “cut out for some of them.” I just don’t think that you necessarily need to, as you also said, “no longer have sympathy for players” who can’t meet the same challenges that you can.

AGAIN, I’m not endorsing the nerf, I’m just suggesting that you can still have a little compassion for those who can’t do some of these things. Just thought you sounded needlessly callous in your original message.

> @"Boysenberry.1869" said:

> I like the change to 1:30. For me personally sub 1:00 was impossible and since I can't do timed jumping puzzles either I resigned myself to skipping the meta. But now with the change I can go ahead and do it. Difficult content has its place but I think allowing the majority of people to complete a holiday meta that is just meant to be goofy fun is a good change. I also would have been okay with lowering the meta to 8/10 and adding extra rewards for people who got sub 1:00. Perhaps that might have been a better choice given how much effort some people put into getting sub 1:00.

I agree with this. I have issues doing timed things. I make a concerted effort to do them but there are some things that I know I will not be able to achieve and that is just the way it is for me. I do not have the focus to be able to do the Clock Tower so that was out for me as far as completing the holiday achievement.

It was still quite a challenge for me when they changed the time to 1:30 and it did take quite a few tries to get it but I finally got it and felt really good that I was able to manage it. Maybe they should put in a challenge mode for those who want the uber challenges. The change was just fine. Those who can do the sub 1:00 will get gold which I know I will never get.

Another option to finishing the holiday achievement would have been a neat hidden one. I was kind of hoping for some hidden stuff for this holiday since it is such a fun one.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > THANKS ANET. I sure do love when things get nerfed to the point i dont even have to think to do them. I feel so accomplished and fulfilled with the mad participation award achievement.

> > > > >

> > > > > #ParticipationAwards2

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > But in all seriousness the achievement will be here for 3 weeks. If some ppl could get 40~ sec the first or 2nd day of release then i feel its fine if others take abit longer.

> > > > >

> > > > > If 3 weeks arent enough for you then heh better luck next time.

> > > >

> > > > It's not "just a bit longer".

> > > >

> > > > For many people it wouldn't be achievable...no matter how much practice. Which locks people out of the festival meta.

> > > >

> > > > It's a festival. It doesn't need to stroke your ego. There's plenty of other content to do so.

> > > > Mind the gold reward chest, would still do so.

> > > >

> > > > Why do you want people not to be able to participate in the meta achieves and have fun?

> > > >

> > >

> > > The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

> > >

> > > Furthermore this has nothing to do with my ego. Im expressing my disatisfaction with somethingthing that would have given me enjoyment trying to get being nerfed because theres apparently some rule which states that all achievements should be first time achievements and participation awards. "Because its a festival", SAB is also a festival.

> > >

> > > Also, i nowhere said i dont want ppl to participate in the meta or the achievements or have the freedom to participate, the race is open (it is my understanding at least) to everyone. No li, kp or 9 friends needed.

> > >

> > > The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

> > >

> > > Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

> >

> > there were two very difficult achieves.. the clock tower or the beetle race.

> >

> > Meaning one of them was required.

> > And chances are, many people who can't do the clock tower can't do the beetle either.

> >

> > Making a difficult achieve a requirement of the festival meta is bad, imo.

> > And Anet clearly agrees.

> >

> > What's stopping you from still trying to get it? there's still a leader board, gold reward is still very difficult.

> > Why can't that give you enjoyment?

> > Why do you need to lock people out of the meta to enjoy it? (Which you do when a majority of players probably can't do it. Aa the same as far as I know, the majority of players can't beat the clock tower either.

> > So having two difficult achieves would've locked them out of finishing the meta.

> >

> > Knowing how to do it, doesn't mean it's possible to do.

> > I know how to do clock tower, I've watched loads of videos ..I still can't do it. There's one spot I cannot get past fast enough.

> > No matter how many times I do it.

> >

> > The same goes for the beetle. That mount moves too fast for me.

> >

> > I for example looked at the 1 minute achieve and decided not to bother with any of the achieves because id have been stuck at 8/10. Now with the change, I'm doing the rest too.

> >

> > If this was the case for the majority of players, then the change was necessary. (and I agree with it.. it is just a chill festival, why does having more people being able to complete the meta ruin your enjoyment? )

> >

> >

>

> Why should they change content for ppl who wont even bother to try it?

What makes you think they didn't try?

I tried. but I also knew that it's not something I could get that much better at.

I'm really saddened by the way some players are acting over 30 seconds. There are achievements that are out of people's reach. Living World Season 1, Raid, PvP, WvW, Triple Threat and a myriad of others that I will never accomplish or get because of irl limitations of time, physical capability, money or some other myriad of things that limit my access to them. But to beat your fists on the table over ONE achievement that may have been too strict in its timing? WOW.

I suck at the beetle. I truly do. I can never get drafting to work regardless of how many videos and 'tips' I get because of the latency issues I have with this game (silly isn't it? I can run games like WoW on ultra settings and never see a spike in latency or drop in fps but this game lags out if I move too fast). If I could rewind time in the game, one of the things I would do is take all the mastery points I sunk into that mount and put them elsewhere. However to have an achievement, a HOLIDAY RACE ACHIEVEMENT NO LESS, set up in a way that only one mount can complete it, especially a mount that was purely optional to get and relies on having a good connection? That's simply poor planning for an event. Arenanet has always been inclusive and it's nice to see that they saw the problem and fixed it by adding a whole 30 seconds to the achievement.

It's not like they took the jumping puzzle and nerfed it to one jump and done. It's not like they nerfed Triple Threat and made it one hit KO. All they did was just add some time to compensate latency. You still have your leaderboards, you still have your time trial, you still did the race in a minute flat. **None of that was taken away from you.** This isn't a competition. This is a game that wants to make the most of its clientele and a business acknowledging and responding to it.

> @"theory.3580" said:

> I understand that many people were having trouble with the new achievement, and this patch was meant to address their concerns. However, for many people, a lot of the enjoyment of playing games comes from the sense of mastery and accomplishment from overcoming something difficult. I practiced for hours and finally got 3 runs under 60 seconds for the Annual Mad Drifter achievement this morning, and it made my day.

>

> Instead of removing difficult achievements in the future, can they please just be made non-required for their respective meta-achievements? That way everyone wins and no one suffers. People who are having trouble and want a relaxed fun experience can just skip the achievements that are too hard for them, and people who enjoy a challenge have an optional and enjoyable extra achievement to work towards.

>

> Please don't ignore the enjoyment of players that enjoy a challenge to defuse players who want relaxed fun. Both groups of us are people who just want to enjoy this amazing game. Thank you for your time.

Hey man, I'm all for difficult achievements but lets make sure that the second ability of the roller is working 100% first! since that is basically a requirement for getting that achievement. for me that ability is failing consistently (like 3 out of 5 times) when I need it it just does not register. this is the only mount where the ability does not register consistent and yes i know i have to use ability 1 first..

I really like this beetle race idea, but please fix the second ability of the roller beetle, its VERY unreliable at the moment, for me personally its just not registering the ability when i press the bound key about 3 out of the 5 times i press it. This is the only mount that is giving me these kind of problems, other races with the Griffon or any other mount work perfectly fine for me, they have their quirks but are very consistent compared to the roller beetle. Since the roller's second ability is a mandatory thing in the race it's completely undoable for me,. I'm still a whopping 15 seconds slow for the achievement since most of the time my roller just flies of somewhere completely ignoring pressing the second ability and then becomes stuck behind some little rock or stick. The whole experience is really terrible like this, sorry.

> @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> Honestly when I heard about the Beetle race I imagined a wide open track where you could just go ham on speed boosts but what I got was a track filled with sharp turns (something the beetle isn't equipped to handle really) and a ton of tiny objects to catch your beetle and stop you in your tracks. Kind of a letdown tbh.

The Idea behind it is that you use the beetle's second ability to get around most of that, unfortunately that ability is't working very well at the moment. (at least for a good bunch of people reporting it here)

> @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> I do think that under a minute is a bit too punishing, especially for those of us playing with bad ping. (Drifting is really unreliable above 200 ping, which is what most of us in SEA and OCX have to endure. Sometimes it works, but other times it doesn't register and you go careening into a wall.) I think that bumping it up to maybe 1:20 would be a good move, because that time is doable (though EXTREMELY tight) for someone on a Raptor or Jackal using the new Endurance mastery.

I think it's fine as it is now, I do agree ion the drifting part, it's indeed not working very well. I can tell you i have a very consistent average ping around 33 and it still is very unreliable. I actually went and watched youtube clips about drifting thinking I was not getting it while all of this time the second ability of the roller beetle is just simply not registering.

> I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

Cool nice for you, I see that your beetle's second ability seems to work just fine. This is not the case for everyone unfortunately.

> @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

> . . .

> > The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

> >

> > Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

>

> The Ping/latency issues that impact doing this race on beetle (completely ignoring for a moment the fact that beetle does not perform the same for everyone) also impact doing the JP. That means that those players whose region is prone to perpetual high latency may be unable to do either. I see someone has posted a video of doing this on high ping, so clearly still not impossible, but the difficulty level is significantly increased. . . On already very challenging content. That means a whole segment of players are penalized not for their skill level, not for their amount of play time, but simply for where they live. Then you add in players who have problems with their ISP, and the mount inconsistency problems and it should become more apparent why they made this change. As many have already said, there are still leaderboards and gold to strive for.

>

> It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

They could simply lower the meta req to 8 and not have this problem to begin with.

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > THANKS ANET. I sure do love when things get nerfed to the point i dont even have to think to do them. I feel so accomplished and fulfilled with the mad participation award achievement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > #ParticipationAwards2

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But in all seriousness the achievement will be here for 3 weeks. If some ppl could get 40~ sec the first or 2nd day of release then i feel its fine if others take abit longer.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If 3 weeks arent enough for you then heh better luck next time.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not "just a bit longer".

> > > > >

> > > > > For many people it wouldn't be achievable...no matter how much practice. Which locks people out of the festival meta.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's a festival. It doesn't need to stroke your ego. There's plenty of other content to do so.

> > > > > Mind the gold reward chest, would still do so.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why do you want people not to be able to participate in the meta achieves and have fun?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

> > > >

> > > > Furthermore this has nothing to do with my ego. Im expressing my disatisfaction with somethingthing that would have given me enjoyment trying to get being nerfed because theres apparently some rule which states that all achievements should be first time achievements and participation awards. "Because its a festival", SAB is also a festival.

> > > >

> > > > Also, i nowhere said i dont want ppl to participate in the meta or the achievements or have the freedom to participate, the race is open (it is my understanding at least) to everyone. No li, kp or 9 friends needed.

> > > >

> > > > The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

> > >

> > > there were two very difficult achieves.. the clock tower or the beetle race.

> > >

> > > Meaning one of them was required.

> > > And chances are, many people who can't do the clock tower can't do the beetle either.

> > >

> > > Making a difficult achieve a requirement of the festival meta is bad, imo.

> > > And Anet clearly agrees.

> > >

> > > What's stopping you from still trying to get it? there's still a leader board, gold reward is still very difficult.

> > > Why can't that give you enjoyment?

> > > Why do you need to lock people out of the meta to enjoy it? (Which you do when a majority of players probably can't do it. Aa the same as far as I know, the majority of players can't beat the clock tower either.

> > > So having two difficult achieves would've locked them out of finishing the meta.

> > >

> > > Knowing how to do it, doesn't mean it's possible to do.

> > > I know how to do clock tower, I've watched loads of videos ..I still can't do it. There's one spot I cannot get past fast enough.

> > > No matter how many times I do it.

> > >

> > > The same goes for the beetle. That mount moves too fast for me.

> > >

> > > I for example looked at the 1 minute achieve and decided not to bother with any of the achieves because id have been stuck at 8/10. Now with the change, I'm doing the rest too.

> > >

> > > If this was the case for the majority of players, then the change was necessary. (and I agree with it.. it is just a chill festival, why does having more people being able to complete the meta ruin your enjoyment? )

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why should they change content for ppl who wont even bother to try it?

>

> What makes you think they didn't try?

>

> I tried. but I also knew that it's not something I could get that much better at.

Unless u had issues with latency to which i agree is a legitimate issue then i dont see the reasoning behind nerfing the achievement because u didnt want to try enough.

It was suggested already that they keep the achievement as is and instead lower the meta req to 8 keeping both groups happy.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > THANKS ANET. I sure do love when things get nerfed to the point i dont even have to think to do them. I feel so accomplished and fulfilled with the mad participation award achievement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > #ParticipationAwards2

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But in all seriousness the achievement will be here for 3 weeks. If some ppl could get 40~ sec the first or 2nd day of release then i feel its fine if others take abit longer.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If 3 weeks arent enough for you then heh better luck next time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not "just a bit longer".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For many people it wouldn't be achievable...no matter how much practice. Which locks people out of the festival meta.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's a festival. It doesn't need to stroke your ego. There's plenty of other content to do so.

> > > > > > Mind the gold reward chest, would still do so.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why do you want people not to be able to participate in the meta achieves and have fun?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

> > > > >

> > > > > Furthermore this has nothing to do with my ego. Im expressing my disatisfaction with somethingthing that would have given me enjoyment trying to get being nerfed because theres apparently some rule which states that all achievements should be first time achievements and participation awards. "Because its a festival", SAB is also a festival.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, i nowhere said i dont want ppl to participate in the meta or the achievements or have the freedom to participate, the race is open (it is my understanding at least) to everyone. No li, kp or 9 friends needed.

> > > > >

> > > > > The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

> > > >

> > > > there were two very difficult achieves.. the clock tower or the beetle race.

> > > >

> > > > Meaning one of them was required.

> > > > And chances are, many people who can't do the clock tower can't do the beetle either.

> > > >

> > > > Making a difficult achieve a requirement of the festival meta is bad, imo.

> > > > And Anet clearly agrees.

> > > >

> > > > What's stopping you from still trying to get it? there's still a leader board, gold reward is still very difficult.

> > > > Why can't that give you enjoyment?

> > > > Why do you need to lock people out of the meta to enjoy it? (Which you do when a majority of players probably can't do it. Aa the same as far as I know, the majority of players can't beat the clock tower either.

> > > > So having two difficult achieves would've locked them out of finishing the meta.

> > > >

> > > > Knowing how to do it, doesn't mean it's possible to do.

> > > > I know how to do clock tower, I've watched loads of videos ..I still can't do it. There's one spot I cannot get past fast enough.

> > > > No matter how many times I do it.

> > > >

> > > > The same goes for the beetle. That mount moves too fast for me.

> > > >

> > > > I for example looked at the 1 minute achieve and decided not to bother with any of the achieves because id have been stuck at 8/10. Now with the change, I'm doing the rest too.

> > > >

> > > > If this was the case for the majority of players, then the change was necessary. (and I agree with it.. it is just a chill festival, why does having more people being able to complete the meta ruin your enjoyment? )

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Why should they change content for ppl who wont even bother to try it?

> >

> > What makes you think they didn't try?

> >

> > I tried. but I also knew that it's not something I could get that much better at.

>

> Unless u had issues with latency to which i agree is a legitimate issue then i dont see the reasoning behind nerfing the achievement because u didnt want to try enough.

>

> It was suggested already that they keep the achievement as is and instead lower the meta req to 8 keeping both groups happy.

perhaps that wasnt the easiest option to code? Maybe they'll change the achieves next year.

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > > I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

> >

> > But can they finish it without the beetle full stop? Because I don't think they can.

>

> Are you implying people don't have access to the beetle?

I'd say some people who started this game late and wants to play the story in order doesn't. I have people in my guild like that. You think forcing someone who wants to experience the story in order is not punishing to those people? It's not just owning POF, you have to have been here during that time, you have to get that, but I have a guild that has new players in it and those new players, some of them, play the story in order. That's their choice and it's a solid choice for them. Making new people have to go and do the entire beetle collection, when in fact they want to enjoy Halloween? Bad bad layout.

It's nice that some of us have played for six years. Some people haven't.

Not to mention most people will want to have finished PoF before they actually start season 4 of the Living Story. It would be like needing a griffon.

It's not necessary to put that kind of requirement on a meta.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

>

> Just because people like a challenge doesnt mean they have no compassion or dont have goodwill towards other players.

>

> In fact most suggestions simply point out that there's options that would at least leave some (new/different) challenge amongst the acchievements while also giving those who arent as good at the game something to go for.

>

>

> For me farm and excessive time requiring achievements are just as bad as something that may be a bit on the harder side of content.

>

> But do those get swift action? Nope.

Liking a challenge is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements on a limited time holiday event is not really fine. It shows people thinking like this. I can do this so everyone should be able to. Or you know, I have the time so everyone should/must have the time. Or people who don't have the time, well, it's their problem not mine, because I want harder achievements.

A limited time holiday festival can have harder achievements, but don't make them part of the meta. Because if you put enough of those in, people who would normally play to play the meta will give up and stop playing holiday content, because they'll realize they can't get it. I saw this happen this year with people in my guild who weren't good enough to do the jumping puzzle and weren't able to get the 1 minute on the race. Sure everyone can spend hours practicing stuff, if everyone has the time or the patience, or the hardware, or the internet connection.

Or we could all just let everyone enjoy the base halloween event and keep harder achievements out of a limited time meta. Saying we're all caring about other people and then saying I can do something so if others can't too bad doesn't show a lot of empathy. I'm not saying anyone is this thread is actually saying this mind you, but there is a difference between people saying something like I like challenging content and I would like more, and them not being sympathetic to people who have less time, worse connections, slower machines, or people who live in places like Australia where some things are just harder due to ping. Me, I say leave the meta so everyone can enjoy Halloween and put the difficult achievements in places where they're more of an option. Halloween should be for everyone, not just people who are more highly skilled.

Limited time holiday meta lock behind a buggy drift ability is NOT ok.

I've changed my keys around yet still 3 out of 5 the game ignores the ability 2 and thats what most people are having problems with.

I can do the clockwork JP easy and other races fine but the drift function is quite buggy.

Why do people want other people to be left just so they feel better than everyone else due to buggy controls? You have a leader-board for that.