Essence Sap

Toron.4856

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> how is this balanced considering you can throw it twice with improvisation?

>

> 900 range + slow and 7-8k dmg on heavy armor (rev)

>

> https://imgur.com/a/4kZoqvo

>

>

Now ask yourself . 4s invul daggerstorm with its high damage,reflect and bounce between enemies that can be recharged with improvisation is fine ?

Plasma with all boons 10s is fine (alacrity resistance quickness being added for lulz 3s)

(also essence sap can be thrown backwards,stupid as well)

Dont think so xD

Yeah whenever I use Essence Sap and get a +6K hit my eyes do widen a bit. It does feel a bit odd, especially as the slow is relatively long. But then again, my eyes always widen when I Consume Plasma and get 10 seconds of protection and Vigour on top of every other boon in the game.

*shrug* - that's just how things are...I guess...

Essence sap and consume plasma are both stupidly op and if they are balanced as they should it should also come with major buffs to throw gunk which is pretty much useless and removal of the cooldown on healing seed since it is the only one with a cd for some strange reason and makes it really weird with improvisation. Honestly it makes no sense to me why there as been basically no effort to balance thief stolen skills other than adding new boons to plasma.

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > how is this balanced considering you can throw it twice with improvisation?

> >

> > 900 range + slow and 7-8k dmg on heavy armor (rev)

> >

> > https://imgur.com/a/4kZoqvo

> >

> >

>

> Now ask yourself . 4s invul daggerstorm with its high damage,reflect and bounce between enemies that can be recharged with improvisation is fine ?

> Plasma with all boons 10s is fine (alacrity resistance quickness being added for lulz 3s)

> (also essence sap can be thrown backwards,stupid as well)

> Dont think so xD

it is not invuln though.

if any skill hits you that has a pull on it before you start the storm (guardians know what i mean with the greatsword or DH F), they can pull you out of the storm after you start it.

certains skills have been able to pass through the evade, not sure what the mesmer does

lightning fields, and uh the ele trait that stuns you.

engineers have some way of doing it .

if it was invuln none of that shit would work.

[Are there skills or traits that hit through daggerstorm?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57290/are-there-skills-or-traits-that-hit-through-daggerstorm#latest "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57290/are-there-skills-or-traits-that-hit-through-daggerstorm#latest")

> @"Toron.4856" said:

>

>

>

>

what about the rest of the pic?

I wonder if they were running improvisation and not executioner with that damage. below 50% health plus a sigil will bump that bad boy up 25% more damage not including any other modifiers

but i disagree. revs hit hard and are slippery targets.

you need to get hit hard back, and i know the rest of the kit isnt making that happen

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> Essence sap and consume plasma are both stupidly op and if they are balanced as they should it should also come with major buffs to throw gunk which is pretty much useless and removal of the cooldown on healing seed since it is the only one with a cd for some strange reason and makes it really weird with improvisation. Honestly it makes no sense to me why there as been basically no effort to balance thief stolen skills other than adding new boons to plasma.

Yeah, plasma is so ridiculously strong it's insane. Having a mesmer in my comp against a decent thief is a huge disadvantage simply because I know the thief is always going to use his steal on the mesmer and become basically 3 times harder to kill.

Essence Sap is broken simply because you can use it while running away from 900 range and the slow was never fixed to match the tooltip. In addition the scaling is really high.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> Essence sap and consume plasma are both stupidly op and if they are balanced as they should it should also come with major buffs to throw gunk which is pretty much useless and removal of the cooldown on healing seed since it is the only one with a cd for some strange reason and makes it really weird with improvisation. Honestly it makes no sense to me why there as been basically no effort to balance thief stolen skills other than adding new boons to plasma.

I beleive they are generally balanced for the class from which they are stolen. Plasma is especially helpful today considering today's mes.

Rev's hit like a mack truck, and they are pretty evasive. Maybe their kit is weaker to condi, but what's that when you can do the one,two combo with the knockout.

So a nice sting like that back from the thief may make engagement a task worth consideration.

Yes please buff throw gunk. It should explode with damage comparable to today's essence sap at first then leave an ethereal field

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > how is this balanced considering you can throw it twice with improvisation?

> > >

> > > 900 range + slow and 7-8k dmg on heavy armor (rev)

> > >

> > > https://imgur.com/a/4kZoqvo

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Now ask yourself . 4s invul daggerstorm with its high damage,reflect and bounce between enemies that can be recharged with improvisation is fine ?

> > Plasma with all boons 10s is fine (alacrity resistance quickness being added for lulz 3s)

> > (also essence sap can be thrown backwards,stupid as well)

> > Dont think so xD

>

> it is not invuln though.

>

> if any skill hits you that has a pull on it before you start the storm (guardians know what i mean with the greatsword or DH F), they can pull you out of the storm after you start it.

>

> certains skills have been able to pass through the evade, not sure what the mesmer does

>

> lightning fields, and uh the ele trait that stuns you.

>

> engineers have some way of doing it .

>

> if it was invuln none of that kitten would work.

>

> [Are there skills or traits that hit through daggerstorm?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57290/are-there-skills-or-traits-that-hit-through-daggerstorm#latest "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57290/are-there-skills-or-traits-that-hit-through-daggerstorm#latest")

>

>

>

Your thread is meh . I call it invul because there is no real counters to it.

Or in other words to counter it only this elite you should play something completely terrible like dagger mainhand ele,unviable air traitline ? Really bad healing skill on engineer and trait for it just to counter DS?

Any ward effect that guardian have - you must TOUCH that huge blue bubble/wall.

Does insane damage, reflect projectiles and bounce between enemies in a pretty big range while give them 4s 'evade'. And can be recharged with improvisation ... Daggerstorm must lose its 'trick' status to not being able to be recharged or traited.

I seen your 'buff more thief' thread , you are just ridiculous xD

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > > how is this balanced considering you can throw it twice with improvisation?

> > > >

> > > > 900 range + slow and 7-8k dmg on heavy armor (rev)

> > > >

> > > > https://imgur.com/a/4kZoqvo

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Now ask yourself . 4s invul daggerstorm with its high damage,reflect and bounce between enemies that can be recharged with improvisation is fine ?

> > > Plasma with all boons 10s is fine (alacrity resistance quickness being added for lulz 3s)

> > > (also essence sap can be thrown backwards,stupid as well)

> > > Dont think so xD

> >

> > it is not invuln though.

> >

> > if any skill hits you that has a pull on it before you start the storm (guardians know what i mean with the greatsword or DH F), they can pull you out of the storm after you start it.

> >

> > certains skills have been able to pass through the evade, not sure what the mesmer does

> >

> > lightning fields, and uh the ele trait that stuns you.

> >

> > engineers have some way of doing it .

> >

> > if it was invuln none of that kitten would work.

> >

> > [Are there skills or traits that hit through daggerstorm?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57290/are-there-skills-or-traits-that-hit-through-daggerstorm#latest "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57290/are-there-skills-or-traits-that-hit-through-daggerstorm#latest")

> >

> >

> >

>

> Your thread is meh without any video .I can assume only that mesmer had chaos traitline and mirror CC trait and u stole him while being in DS.

> Only way to stop DS is and hammer5 guardian and you must run into wall otherwise nothing happen. staff5 once u started cast you cant reposition wall ,getting a hit on moving target with line of warding is impossible unless you run into it.

> Something people dont play (or play on low rating) ->Eles shocking aura (dagger mainhand),AED with gadget trait if you kill them with buff they will have shocking aura. DH elite trap ,even when activated u wont get CC'd only when you activated trap and its formed a warding aoe. LB5 of DH cant make warding aoe if u are evading.

> Basically this skill have no counter . Does insane damage, reflect projectiles and bounce between enemies in a pretty big range while give them 4s invul . And can be recharged with improvisation ... Daggerstorm must lose its 'trick' status to not being able to be recharged or traited

the skills were cast onto me **before I started**, but then the pull was used after daggerstorm was cast:

* binding blade

* spear of justice

* magebane tether (spellbreaker)

i have been knocked out of daggerstorm by several things after only about a second or two of the skill duration by other skills.

something engis do, perhaps it's a shield skill or scrapper trait, I'm not familiar. but they have done it enough to seemingly know that they can do it.

> the skills were cast onto me **before I started**, but then the pull was used after daggerstorm was cast:

>

> * binding blade

> * spear of justice

> * magebane tether (spellbreaker)

>

> i have been knocked out of daggerstorm by several things after only about a second or two of the skill duration by other skills.

>

> something engis do, perhaps it's a shield skill or scrapper trait, I'm not familiar. but they have done it enough to seemingly know that they can do it.

>

Then I have simple question. Why you use DS if you have tether either from DH or warrior? In case with warrior u wont stick to him and dont let break distance to get pulled? I seen only 1 engi with sword shield in entire EU region

And no ,thats not a counters to DS , all this skills need to hit you BEFORE you use DS. And how do you counter DS without them being applied before DS? Even 1 daggerstorm is alrdy too dumb ,but when its getting 2-3 thats BS

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > the skills were cast onto me **before I started**, but then the pull was used after daggerstorm was cast:

> >

> > * binding blade

> > * spear of justice

> > * magebane tether (spellbreaker)

> >

> > i have been knocked out of daggerstorm by several things after only about a second or two of the skill duration by other skills.

> >

> > something engis do, perhaps it's a shield skill or scrapper trait, I'm not familiar. but they have done it enough to seemingly know that they can do it.

> >

> Then I have simple question. Why you use DS if you have tether either from DH or warrior? In case with warrior u wont stick to him and dont let break distance to get pulled? I seen only 1 engi with sword shield in entire EU region

> And no ,thats not a counters to DS , all this skills need to hit you BEFORE you use DS. And how do you counter DS without them being applied before DS? Even 1 daggerstorm is alrdy too dumb ,but when its getting 2-3 thats BS

So, you have seen and said just now that it is not invuln. I am satisfied.

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > You reading this @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" ?

> > Looks like you folks got some work to do :wink:

>

> No one mentioned mirage or holosmith

Your attempt at humor will have to remain unchecked then.

Despite popular belief I do pay attention to other classes as well. Gotta know the enemy if you wanna beat them :wink:

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > You shouldn't fight tigers, dude!

> > >

> > > But you also shouldn't show his name. :smile:

> >

> > well... im not mocking him.. figured it would be fine

>

> Hmm, I am actually not sure, since you don't accuse him of anything... I don't know.^^

Videos of matches are fine, videos of things happening with players in them are fine...

I'd also assume its fine to post this picture as he doesn't belittle anyone or accuse anyone of anything, he's showing us something unrelated to the player.

Time will tell I guess.

> @"Toron.4856" said:

>

>

>

>

I believe this is damage boosted essence sap with either coliseum attack buff/assassin's signet/berserker amulet or combination of them. I was oneshotted by Tiger Tiger in coliseum a couple of times, as well as doing some oneshots on him... So I guess boosted damage with some combination of tradeoffs is okayish.

On the other side, damage on this skill is enjoyably high to punish revenants.

> @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > how is this balanced considering you can throw it twice with improvisation?

> >

> > 900 range + slow and 7-8k dmg on heavy armor (rev)

> >

> > https://imgur.com/a/4kZoqvo

> >

> >

> I believe this is damage boosted essence sap with either coliseum attack buff/assassin's signet/berserker amulet or combination of them. I was oneshotted by Tiger Tiger in coliseum a couple of times, as well as doing some oneshots on him... So I guess boosted damage with some combination of tradeoffs is okayish.

>

> On the other side, damage on this skill is enjoyably high to punish revenants.

>

it was in the FFA arena btw not coliseum.

yeah rev hits like a truck but rev doesnt have a 8k hitting 900 ranged attacking that u can throw twice back to back lol

also... thief alrdy counters rev and essence sap is just rounding everything off.

dont get me wrong guys, i wont deny that rev does hella dmg..