Lab farm Guide/Build/Rotation for 850+ Trick or Treat bags per hour! Enjoy!

If I see a commander DD/lots of them in group I just try to find a new map: no one BUT DDs can keep up with these people, it always turns into a race. I mean, most DDs don't take off trinkets so mobs are evaporated in a few SB shots thus leaving the rest of the people playing slower profs in the dust: only the DDs get loot b/c they always run far ahead and kill everything which is so annoying.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> I don't understand: why would you take off your trinkets?

So you don't do too much damage and kill mobs too quickly. This way you are giving other people a chance to tag mobs as well, it's way too common for people to use mounts to go ahead of the rest of the group and use engage skill. Irritating as hell if you want to tag something and get loot.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

>

> Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

>

>

How it's too elitist? When you are farming as a group and if you have any decency, you want to other people get ToT bags too. Unless you are a jerk and just roam on your own and kill everything on sight with max DPS build because **** the rest and slow people. There is a huge gap between being an elitist and being helpful. If I can adapt my playstyle, then anyone can.

> @"demitel.1340" said:

> > @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > I don't understand: why would you take off your trinkets?

>

> So you don't do too much damage and kill mobs too quickly. This way you are giving other people a chance to tag mobs as well, it's way too common for people to use mounts to go ahead of the rest of the group and use engage skill. Irritating as hell if you want to tag something and get loot.

OK, thanks.

I have such slow reaction times that I'm always at the back of the pack anyhow. (I just started my seventh decade on this planet ….)

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

>

> Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

>

>

You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

Take off trinkets

Don't mount engage

Don't open doors

I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> >

> > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> >

> >

>

> You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

>

>

> If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> Take off trinkets

> Don't mount engage

> Don't open doors

>

> I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

> @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > >

> > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> >

> >

> > If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> > Take off trinkets

> > Don't mount engage

> > Don't open doors

> >

> > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

>

> If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

> > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > > >

> > > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> > >

> > >

> > > If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> > > Take off trinkets

> > > Don't mount engage

> > > Don't open doors

> > >

> > > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> >

> > If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

>

> That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

>

> If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

>

> You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

Aha! That's cunning. Thanks for the explanation.

> > > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > > >

> > > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> > >

> > >

> > > Take off trinkets

> > > Don't mount engage

> > > Don't open doors

> > >

> > > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> >

> > If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

>

> That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

>

> If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

>

> You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

source?, and you missing fireworks MF buff in the video

> @"Robban.1256" said:

> > > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > > > >

> > > > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> > > > Take off trinkets

> > > > Don't mount engage

> > > > Don't open doors

> > > >

> > > > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> > >

> > > If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

> >

> > That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

> >

> > If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

> >

> > You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

>

> source?, and you missing fireworks MF buff in the video

Source: been doing it all week? Lol, it's how looting works

I'm aware I'm missing the fireworks, not going to update the video because that's a pain in the ass

So i actually went and tried this since i used to main thief - I got 550 bags in 2 hours.

my question is I was only able to get about 450MF? I have 130 base and I used halloween util, BL booster, celebration booster, omnomnom cream, and item booster, plus the MF banner. I seems Im missing 300MF? is your MF maxed out? im missing the fireworks but is there more?

even still im not sure the extra 300% would make up for what you claim is a ~600 bag deficit. I was playing exactly like in the video, but I apparently got barely a quarter what you did.

> @"Fipmip.7219" said:

> So i actually went and tried this since i used to main thief - I got 550 bags in 2 hours.

> my question is I was only able to get about 450MF? I have 130 base and I used halloween util, BL booster, celebration booster, omnomnom cream, and item booster, plus the MF banner. I seems Im missing 300MF? is your MF maxed out? im missing the fireworks but is there more?

>

> even still im not sure the extra 300% would make up for what you claim is a ~600 bag deficit. I was playing exactly like in the video, but I apparently got barely a quarter what you did.

Don't worry, 850 is not even remotely close to being a realistic number. The only possible way to get even close to that number is being the commander or the first DD to tag something. At first I also thought I was doing something tremendously wrong, but after talking to some of my friends I realized that those threads claiming that high amount of bags are pretty much complete bull...

You can still earn a decent amount of gold, but there are way more fun ways to do so. I feel like even SW cf is more fun than lab, and I've been doing it for years.

> @"Fipmip.7219" said:

> So i actually went and tried this since i used to main thief - I got 550 bags in 2 hours.

> my question is I was only able to get about 450MF? I have 130 base and I used halloween util, BL booster, celebration booster, omnomnom cream, and item booster, plus the MF banner. I seems Im missing 300MF? is your MF maxed out? im missing the fireworks but is there more?

>

> even still im not sure the extra 300% would make up for what you claim is a ~600 bag deficit. I was playing exactly like in the video, but I apparently got barely a quarter what you did.

You get a little more than 1 bag/1 MF/h, so that'd definitely help. Yes mine is maxed out

Other factors could be bad pathing by the commander on that map, did they skip boss doors, and are you rotating around mobs at wave doors with staff to make sure you hit all of them

> > @"Fipmip.7219" said:

> > So i actually went and tried this since i used to main thief - I got 550 bags in 2 hours.

> > my question is I was only able to get about 450MF? I have 130 base and I used halloween util, BL booster, celebration booster, omnomnom cream, and item booster, plus the MF banner. I seems Im missing 300MF? is your MF maxed out? im missing the fireworks but is there more?

> >

> > even still im not sure the extra 300% would make up for what you claim is a ~600 bag deficit. I was playing exactly like in the video, but I apparently got barely a quarter what you did.

>

> You get a little more than 1 bag/1 MF/h, so that'd definitely help. Yes mine is maxed out

>

> Other factors could be bad pathing by the commander on that map, did they skip boss doors, and are you rotating around mobs at wave doors with staff to make sure you hit all of them

>

>

yes, like I said I was playing exactly like in the video. It would help if we could get a few more testimonials

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Take off trinkets

> > > Don't mount engage

> > > Don't open doors

> > >

> >

>

>

>

That player can just go max dps thief then, all trinkets on etc. He will do more than enough dmg to solo-tag everything, and by doing that, screwing up the actual squad, not letting them tag.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > > > >

> > > > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> > > > Take off trinkets

> > > > Don't mount engage

> > > > Don't open doors

> > > >

> > > > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> > >

> > > If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

> >

> > That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

> >

> > If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

> >

> > You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

>

> That player can just go max dps thief then, all trinkets on etc. He will do more than enough dmg to solo-tag everything, and by doing that, screwing up the actual squad, not letting them tag.

Or go solo open other doors and mess up your rotation forcing you to change map.

Then when they see your comm tag, join that new map and do the same there.

Just saying....cos you know trolls are everywhere :)

> > @"Robban.1256" said:

> > > > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> > > > > Take off trinkets

> > > > > Don't mount engage

> > > > > Don't open doors

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> > > >

> > > > If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

> > >

> > > That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

> > >

> > > If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

> > >

> > > You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

> >

> > source?, and you missing fireworks MF buff in the video

>

> Source: been doing it all week? Lol, it's how looting works

>

> I'm aware I'm missing the fireworks, not going to update the video because that's a pain in the kitten

Then my "source" says that ain't true :) cus you don't have an proof.

> You get a little more than 1 bag/1 MF/h, so that'd definitely help. Yes mine is maxed out

>

That sounds about right to me. I've been averaging 400% MF and I get on average 400bags / hour, which I think is fine. I have 210% MF base, and I usually use the pumpkin oil and one of the tarts you get as a drop (26% MF), guild buff, amulet infusion, and if I know I'm going to spend a full hour, an item booster. I'm not hardcore devoted to bag farming enough to bother maxing everything out, though your build had great ideas. Using Sigil of Flame for example is very helpful for maximizing bags at doors. I like using the pumpkin oil because it gives a MF boon to both me and the person I'm reviving, but this only works if your squad is doing boss doors; people are unlikely to go down fighting anything else.

> @"Robban.1256" said:

> > > @"Robban.1256" said:

> > > > > @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> > > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > Whether its raiding or farming, seems all a bit too elitist for me. I seriously prefer playing on my own terms.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Once such things enter open world, be aware that you are always sharing the map with players who may not share your playstyle.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're right, this is a guide tailored to getting the most out of your and everyone else's time. If you'd prefer to do things your own way, to the detriment of those who are running with you, no one can stop you

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you're running with me though and can't follow the simple rules:

> > > > > > Take off trinkets

> > > > > > Don't mount engage

> > > > > > Don't open doors

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll happily kick you and lock squad so you can try your luck elsewhere =D

> > > > >

> > > > > If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment........ that seems like an empty threat. Sure, you can kick 'em out but what's to stop them from following your squad anyway? It's like saying: if you don't play by my rules, I'm going to give you a really angry stare.

> > > >

> > > > That's why I lock squad. You only get loot if your party/ squad does 20% of the mobs hp in damage and you personally score at least one hit.

> > > >

> > > > If you aren't in the squad you need to do 20% of the damage on your own, while competing with 24 other people for that damage. So you'll still get loot from maybe every 20th mob if you're lucky, but it's massively decreased overall. Which forces someone to either stay and get (comparitively) nothing, or move to another map.

> > > >

> > > > You can't kick someone off the map, but you can deincentivize them from staying

> > >

> > > source?, and you missing fireworks MF buff in the video

> >

> > Source: been doing it all week? Lol, it's how looting works

> >

> > I'm aware I'm missing the fireworks, not going to update the video because that's a pain in the kitten

>

> Then my "source" says that ain't true :) cus you don't have an proof.

Last 5s of the clip posted :>