Warrior - Day 2

TheAgedGnome.7520

After many years as a necro main, and then a Firebrand guardian main, I'm trying out warrior finally. So I boosted a nice big Charr to 80 yesterday.

Its only for OW PVE/events, but its been a lot of fun so far. I thought I'run the build by y'all to get a little feedback. I hate glass builds and since warr is new to me it might be a bit conservative. I also didn't want to spend too much gold on it until I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time on this character.

Anyway, here it is:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJIQNAnXTjEdQtH25B+dAnIG6BKcHW8YwCgCIC02oL+BA-jRCBwA4U/JwhA4oyvU6DmoEs2+DVeAAAODAJM/RKgyVGB-e

P.S. - I used the Metabattle Axe/Axe as a starting point, so I've already been there, done that.

Build looks ok, here are my tips though:

- For OW single player replace banner with "for great justice", is much better and more convenient to use.

- Brave strike is useless, I suggest taking peak performance instead since mending CD will get reduced and in turn you will have a good uptime of the 20% damage buff.

- I also run with dual axes but i also run dual maces in the second slot to break stun bars by myself, which is very useful.

- Bull charge is another great ability that also synergizes with peak performance and give a nice CC/mobility boost.

> @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> Build looks ok, here are my tips though:

>

> - For OW single player replace banner with "for great justice", is much better and more convenient to use.

>

> - Brave strike is useless, I suggest taking peak performance instead since mending CD will get reduced and in turn you will have a good uptime of the 20% damage buff.

>

> - I also run with dual axes but i also run dual maces in the second slot to break stun bars by myself, which is very useful.

>

> - Bull charge is another great ability that also synergizes with peak performance and give a nice CC/mobility boost.

Thanks!

I wasn't sure about Brave Stride, except that I know Anet's penchant for mob skills that stunlock players.

I took LB just to have a ranged weapon, but frankly it seems pretty weak, so I'll try the mace/mace combo.

As it happens, I just slotted Bull Charge to try it out. :)

I'll also try the banner change.

i use the arms trait in open world instead of strength.

dual wield gives attack speed and signets give 100 ferocity per stack (stacks 5x).

in part because i hate slow attack speed, dual wield makes me feel right at home.

also inspiring banner to brawler's recovery in the discipline trait for condition removal.

once you unlock spellbreaker, you wont need the defense trait line because full counter is op.

> @"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:

> > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > Build looks ok, here are my tips though:

> >

> > - For OW single player replace banner with "for great justice", is much better and more convenient to use.

> >

> > - Brave strike is useless, I suggest taking peak performance instead since mending CD will get reduced and in turn you will have a good uptime of the 20% damage buff.

> >

> > - I also run with dual axes but i also run dual maces in the second slot to break stun bars by myself, which is very useful.

> >

> > - Bull charge is another great ability that also synergizes with peak performance and give a nice CC/mobility boost.

>

> Thanks!

> I wasn't sure about Brave Stride, except that I know Anet's penchant for mob skills that stunlock players.

> I took LB just to have a ranged weapon, but frankly it seems pretty weak, so I'll try the mace/mace combo.

> As it happens, I just slotted Bull Charge to try it out. :)

> I'll also try the banner change.

>

id recommend greatsword as second weapon, has some good dmg and gives you the possibility to run through enemies that you dont want to fight or just if you need to kite stronger enemies

evade frames on gs3 are especially usefull while dealing dmg