Dailies? Weeklies? Monthlies?

Sauja.2368

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> Weeklies or monthlies would exacerbate the OP's problem bc you'd either need to stay on schedule throughout the week or month or risk being 'forced' to cram at the end . . .

>

> I just hit the daily ap cap right before Halloween started and I was dreading it bc I really enjoyed dailies, they were a little routine that I did at the start of my session to kind of get me into the game, which is the opposite of the OP's experience. Happily Halloween came along with it's own little set of dailies right after, so I'm still not sure about how I'm going to feel not having any dailies to do at all. But so far, I haven't missed dailies nearly as much as I had expected . . .

According to GW2Efficiency there are 264 Dalies you can do, so there are ways to be creative :)

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > Weeklies or monthlies would exacerbate the OP's problem bc you'd either need to stay on schedule throughout the week or month or risk being 'forced' to cram at the end . . .

> >

> > I just hit the daily ap cap right before Halloween started and I was dreading it bc I really enjoyed dailies, they were a little routine that I did at the start of my session to kind of get me into the game, which is the opposite of the OP's experience. Happily Halloween came along with it's own little set of dailies right after, so I'm still not sure about how I'm going to feel not having any dailies to do at all. But so far, I haven't missed dailies nearly as much as I had expected . . .

>

> According to GW2Efficiency there are 264 Dalies you can do, so there are ways to be creative :)

Do you mean for OP's problem or my problem . . ?

I think the OP was referring specifically to the dailies that count towards daily completionist, and I know I was. The Halloween dailies are good for me bc they progress another track -- the haunted skins -- but the rest of them just give standalone loots that are readily available by other means. Daily fractal is a little better bc it increases the odds that you'll be able to find ppl to do a fractal you want to do if it's the daily, but I'm not much of a fractaler . . .

> @"Sauja.2368" said:

> Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

Personally I would be for removing daily and make it into a monthly system again. But my main motivation for that is because I dislike the "log in every day" mentality, and that is exactly what ANet wants from it, so I'd say the current daily rewards are working as intended. I'm going to assume that they have numbers that shows that they get a higher retention rate this way.

That said, I do miss the old monthly achievements, though they could certainly be refined upon. On the whole I liked having something to work towards over X time, so I could do it in batches as it fit my own time schedule. Instead of scheduling in an hour every day to play. But they would need to change around a good bit from the old Monthly system, specifically it should not stack with the daily, so you would gain benefit from one or the other (or a mix) up to a certain point. And the monthly's themselves would likely need to be changed a bit, since I remember I binged the entire monthly in a single day back in WvW.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> Personally I would be for removing daily and make it into a monthly system again. But my main motivation for that is because I dislike the "log in every day" mentality, and that is exactly what ANet wants from it, so I'd say the current daily rewards are working as intended. I'm going to assume that they have numbers that shows that they get a higher retention rate this way.

>

> That said, I do miss the old monthly achievements, though they could certainly be refined upon. On the whole I liked having something to work towards over X time, so I could do it in batches as it fit my own time schedule. Instead of scheduling in an hour every day to play. But they would need to change around a good bit from the old Monthly system, specifically it should not stack with the daily, so you would gain benefit from one or the other (or a mix) up to a certain point. And the monthly's themselves would likely need to be changed a bit, since I remember I binged the entire monthly in a single day back in WvW.

Bless you. Someone understood.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Sauja.2368" said:

>

> > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

>

> You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

Edit

OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> >

> > > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

> >

> > You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

>

> No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

>

> Edit

> OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

Greed is gonna kill em. Even when I played, I never cared for Gem store items other than a bank tab increase. Microtransactions are for plebs, man.

> @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > >

> > > > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

> > >

> > > You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

> >

> > No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

> >

> > Edit

> > OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

>

> Greed is gonna kill em. Even when I played, I never cared for Gem store items other than a bank tab increase. Microtransactions are for plebs, man.

It sure is greedy to offer you an optional way to earn 2 gold daily.

Also, can I have your stuff?

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

> > > >

> > > > You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

> > >

> > > No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

> > >

> > > Edit

> > > OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

> >

> > Greed is gonna kill em. Even when I played, I never cared for Gem store items other than a bank tab increase. Microtransactions are for plebs, man.

>

> It sure is greedy to offer you an optional way to earn 2 gold daily.

> Also, can I have your stuff?

Would be a waste on you.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> We got a weekly, it's called the level 10 personal story Black Lion Key.

Ha. Actually, nice one.

> @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

> > > >

> > > > No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

> > > >

> > > > Edit

> > > > OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

> > >

> > > Greed is gonna kill em. Even when I played, I never cared for Gem store items other than a bank tab increase. Microtransactions are for plebs, man.

> >

> > It sure is greedy to offer you an optional way to earn 2 gold daily.

> > Also, can I have your stuff?

>

> Would be a waste on you.

>

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > We got a weekly, it's called the level 10 personal story Black Lion Key.

>

> Ha. Actually, nice one.

If you're going to look at it that way, the wvw pip track really is a weekly track that gets more rewarding the more you complete . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

> > > > >

> > > > > No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit

> > > > > OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

> > > >

> > > > Greed is gonna kill em. Even when I played, I never cared for Gem store items other than a bank tab increase. Microtransactions are for plebs, man.

> > >

> > > It sure is greedy to offer you an optional way to earn 2 gold daily.

> > > Also, can I have your stuff?

> >

> > Would be a waste on you.

> >

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > We got a weekly, it's called the level 10 personal story Black Lion Key.

> >

> > Ha. Actually, nice one.

>

> If you're going to look at it that way, the wvw pip track really is a weekly track that gets more rewarding the more you complete . . .

Yh but WvW litteraly sucks. Worst game mode in GW2. It has earned the red headed step child reputation for a reason.

> @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sauja.2368" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Its still possibke to make people log in daily even with a weekly system - make it progressively harder with even bigger rewards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You mean, just like you get five day's worth of daily rewards a week if you log in on 5 days out of 7? Literally how it works right now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No he want 7 days or even better rewards, for 1-7 days depending on how fast it can be completed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit

> > > > > > OP why would anet gut the system that work how they want it to now dailies that make you login daily and see whats in game/gem store.

> > > > >

> > > > > Greed is gonna kill em. Even when I played, I never cared for Gem store items other than a bank tab increase. Microtransactions are for plebs, man.

> > > >

> > > > It sure is greedy to offer you an optional way to earn 2 gold daily.

> > > > Also, can I have your stuff?

> > >

> > > Would be a waste on you.

> > >

> > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > We got a weekly, it's called the level 10 personal story Black Lion Key.

> > >

> > > Ha. Actually, nice one.

> >

> > If you're going to look at it that way, the wvw pip track really is a weekly track that gets more rewarding the more you complete . . .

>

> Yh but WvW litteraly sucks. Worst game mode in GW2. It has earned the red headed step child reputation for a reason.

But it's my favorite though . . .

New players already have direction. It's called the New Player Experience and a lot of starting zones were neutered to implement it.

And if you can't resist the urge to log in because you're missing out on the miniscule amount of AP coming from dailies, you really probably should take a break from playing.

The day experience is fine- The game has progressed from release - Monthly - Sorry it's a No from me - Do what you enjoy- After the day dread a thon that takes very little time- Go do your thing - Kick butt- What ever - There are so many Choices and options as to how you play gw2 -