Tonstudio und Liste von Sprechern

Mich würde interessieren, welches **Tonstudio** für die Sprachaufnahmen Guild War’s verantwortlich ist.

Es handelt sich definitv um ein Hamburger Studio *(der Kenner erkennt dies am Ensemble der eingesetzten Sprecher :wink:)*. Ich ging lange von *Toneworx* aus, aber einer anderen Quelle zufolge könnte es auch *Studio Mühl* sein.

Ansonsten wäre es ziemlich cool, ob vielleicht einmal eine **Gesamtliste der** zum Einsatz gekommenen **Sprecherinnen und Sprecher** *(auch gerne zusätzlich mit Regisseuren, Dialogbuchautoren sowie Übersetzern)* in irgendeiner Form zugänglich gemacht werden könnte. Für Synchronbegeistere wie mich, wäre dies ein Traum. Zwar erkenne ich viele Sprecher selbst, aber manche eben nicht. Eine Liste würde helfen, Rollen und Sprecher zu identifizieren.

Es ist ohnehin schade, dass bzgl. Synchronsprechern immer so eine Geheimniskrämerei gemacht wird. Diese Leute verdienen die gleiche Anerkennung wie andere Künstler.

• ArenaNet Staff

I am sorry that I cannot respond in German, and hope you won't mind me jumping in here in English. (Background for EN readers: AllNightPlayer would like to know more about our voice-over acting team in the German language.

We absolutely love recognizing the artists involved with voice-over. Our VO actors are a treasure!

I noted a thread about a particular voice (Taimi in German) a few days ago, and I have a request out to get that information. Our VO lead in turn reached out to the agency or studio involved and we await their answer. I want to mention that some actors choose to remain somewhat anonymous. If that is the case, or if the VO agency/studio has a policy about listing actors, we would not be able to provide the names. Otherwise, we will see what we can do!

• ArenaNet Staff

AND...

This is why we love our Localization Team. And why I try to never rely on certain software translation aids.

I wrote this in English:

* I am sorry that I cannot respond in **German** and hope you won't mind me jumping in here in English. (Background for EN readers: AllNightPlayer would like to know more about our voice-over acting team in the German language.

But because I had used the translation program for the initial post (in German) it went through that system and came up with this:

* I am sorry that I can not answer in **English** and hope you will not mind me jumping in here. (Background for EN readers: AllNightPlayer would like to know more about our voice over acting team in the German language.

Say what? (The translation program also removes inflection, so I tried to emphasize that I wrote "German" and it was tranlated to "English" but the bolded content was changed to standard font. Meh. :(

Any wonder I have so much respect for our Loc folks, who are native speakers and can help us host the best communication possible?

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Any wonder I have so much respect for our Loc folks, who are native speakers and can help us host the best communication possible?

+1 for this respect.

I'm English, and I work in France in a French-speaking office. The product comes with manuals in various languages, including English, and I occasionally get roped in to validating the translations (done, in general, by an external agency) and/or translating small amounts of French into English. (Note: that's not what they hired me for, merely something I do because I'm a native English speaker.) As a resultI have a great deal of respect for professional translators of all kinds, and:

* Under no circumstances would I recommend getting professional translation done by someone who is not a native speaker of the target language.

* My respect for simultaneous interpreters knows no bounds. These are the people who can listen to one language and translate it *while they are listening* into another, the kind of folks who work for places like the UN.(1)

* Translating games is a whole 'nother level of hard, especially ones that have as many word-plays and out-and-out jokes as GW2. These things have to be rewritten because they cannot be translated literally and hope to retain the word-play.

(1) I know this is a monstrously difficult job because I once did something similar. SWTOR had a livestream where they were talking about an upcoming content release, and my guild full of native French speakers asked me to translate for them (speaking into Mumble) during the stream. Even though I was doing it in "summary" mode rather than literal whole-translation mode, it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done.

• ArenaNet Staff

Jedes Tonstudio arbeitet auf eine andere Weise und manche entscheiden sich dazu, die Namen der Sprecher nicht zu veröffentlichen, um deren Privatsphäre zu schützen. Dies ist hier der Fall, weshalb wir eine Liste mit Sprechern, die an Guild Wars 2 arbeiten, leider nicht zur Verfügung stellen können. Wenn Sprecher selbst preisgeben, an unserem Spiel beteiligt zu sein, haben sie diese Entscheidung getroffen. Wir respektieren lediglich den Wunsch des Studios, dies nicht offiziell bekannt zu geben.

Vielen Dank aber für das Lob an unsere Sprecher, das wir gern weitergeben werden!

Each voice-over studio operates differently, and some of them do not release the real-world names of their actors, for privacy reasons. That is the situation in this case, so with regret we will not be able to provide the requested list of voice actors who work on Guild Wars 2. Naturally, if one of the actors chooses to identify themselves as being involved with our game, that is a decision that they have made on their own. We’re simply not able to do so in an official sense.

Thank you for your kind words about our voice actors – we will pass that message along to the studio!

Bitte ein ausdrückliches Lob auch an die nachfolgenden Sprecher, die das Beste in den Takes zu den (leider manchmal vom Sinn her weniger passenden) Texten rausholen:

- dem männlichen Asura-Spielercharakter - wie auch der Originalsprecher eine so angenehme und knuffige Stimme. Zum Glück wurde sich hier für keine verbrauchte Santiago Ziesmer-Kopie entschieden.

- Rytlock Brimstone - teilweise "geiler" (pardon D:) als Steve Blum.

- Trahearne - viele mal besser als die berühmte-berüchtige Originalsynchro.

- Zojja - kaum unterscheidbar von Felicia Day. Ich wünschte, sie könnte für Day einspringen, falls es mit dieser tatsächlich Probleme geben sollte...

Please accept my explicit praise for the following voice actors, which give their best in the takes to the (partly contextually unfitting) lines:

- the male Asura player character - like the original actor, he has such a pleasant and cuddly voice. Luckily, you didn't decide for yet another Santiago Ziesmer copy (the VO of Spongebob Squarepants in Germany).

- Rytlock Brimstone - partly "hotter" (sorry D:) than Steve Blum.

- Trahearne - many times better than the infamous job of the English actor.

- Zojja - you can barely hear any vocal difference to Felicia Day. Wish she could jump in for her in case of troubles with Day...

Hier die Namen der Sprecherinnen und Sprecher:

> @"Ray Koopa.2354" said:

> - dem männlichen Asura-Spielercharakter - wie auch der Originalsprecher eine so angenehme und knuffige Stimme. Zum Glück wurde sich hier für keine verbrauchte Santiago Ziesmer-Kopie entschieden.

**Patrick Bach**

> - Rytlock Brimstone - teilweise "geiler" (pardon D:) als Steve Blum.

**Holger Löwenberg**

> - Trahearne - viele mal besser als die berühmte-berüchtige Originalsynchro.

**Christian Rudolf**

> - Zojja - kaum unterscheidbar von Felicia Day. Ich wünschte, sie könnte für Day einspringen, falls es mit dieser tatsächlich Probleme geben sollte...

**Stephanie Kindermann**