What is this stealth?

whoknocks.4935

Just in a match against Kodash server, fought this druid who was spamming stealth every 4-5 seconds camping longbow and rock gazelle, how is that even possible?

He didn't use trap because i checked the place he was stealthing in, so it's not the use of trapper runes, he didn't go celestial avatar either because that's every 10 seconds at minimun, but literally every 4-5 seconds he was able to stealth, and the only pet was rock gazelle and always shoot me with longbow.

Wth was that?

I don't wanna call for hacks but never encountered such a thing in all my roaming life.

And btw he was vanishing in stealth without the character made any action or telegraph at all.

Am i dreaming or something?

Yet everyone laugh when one say that a ranger can stealth almost as much as a thief and far better than mesmer...

But yes doesnt quickdraw basicly remove the cd on hunters shot? 3s stealth on 3s cd or something like that. Though of course you got the downtime between swaps, that's why most stealth rangers run druid and traps on top.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> LB/LB the rangers ranger

>

> Except two of the same share cooldowns..

quickdraw is on weaponswap and many dont know how to trigger on swap effects without actually swapping off said weapon so when they build to abuse something on one weapon with weaponswaps they use 2x the same.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Yet everyone laugh when one say that a ranger can stealth almost as much as a thief and far better than mesmer...

> But yes doesnt quickdraw basicly remove the cd on hunters shot? 3s stealth on 3s cd or something like that. Though of course you got the downtime between swaps, that's why most stealth rangers run druid and traps on top.

Quickdraw plus Lead the Wind could put Hunter's Shot on a 3.2s cd after each weapon swap, but it would mean running a Skirmishing & Marksmanship build. Quickdraw without longbow traited could put Hunter's Shot on a 4s cd after each swap. Assuming the arrow lands each time for either setup.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> A good roamer on kodash?

> What?

>

He wasn't a good roamer at all xD

I tried to add him but weird I was in the blacklist already... who knows why, never faced this guy before.

Weird he was running a skirmishing marksmanship druid, everytime he went out of stealth of stealth from.15% hp.was already above 50% and once completely 100% hp refill.

I don't know what weird build was that, but i wonder why he blocked me immediately just beforr attacking me...

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > A good roamer on kodash?

> > What?

> >

>

> He wasn't a good roamer at all xD

>

> I tried to add him but weird I was in the blacklist already... who knows why, never faced this guy before.

>

> Weird he was running a skirmishing marksmanship druid, everytime he went out of stealth of stealth from.15% hp.was already above 50% and once completely 100% hp refill.

>

> I don't know what weird build was that, but i wonder why he blocked me immediately just beforr attacking me...

He prolly didn't want to sip on those tears is my guess.

hashtag: justsayin

> > What?

> >

>

>

> I tried to add him but weird I was in the blacklist already... who knows why, never faced this guy before.

>

> Weird he was running a skirmishing marksmanship druid, everytime he went out of stealth of stealth from.15% hp.was already above 50% and once completely 100% hp refill.

>

> I don't know what weird build was that, but i wonder why he blocked me immediately just beforr attacking me...

Dunno, but I see a lot of streamers do that on a lot of their encounters. It could mean a variety of things though from not wanting salty messages/not liking you/adding you to their list cos they like fighting you/etc/no idea.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > A good roamer on kodash?

> > > What?

> > >

> >

> > He wasn't a good roamer at all xD

> >

> > I tried to add him but weird I was in the blacklist already... who knows why, never faced this guy before.

> >

> > Weird he was running a skirmishing marksmanship druid, everytime he went out of stealth of stealth from.15% hp.was already above 50% and once completely 100% hp refill.

> >

> > I don't know what weird build was that, but i wonder why he blocked me immediately just beforr attacking me...

>

> Dunno, but I see a lot of streamers do that on a lot of their encounters. It could mean a variety of things though from not wanting salty messages/not liking you/adding you to their list cos they like fighting you/etc/no idea.

Doubt he wanted add me to his list because liked to fight with me since he run a way from a fair 1vs1 at duel spot (the first place where i met him) and then when i was at the camp near the Keep he was so eager to gank me 5vs1 and chased me for 5 minutes before killing me in that 5vs1 and drop a siege on me.

But yeah few minutes later he was alone in the camp and i blowed him in less than 10 seconds so he couldn't abuse that stealth thing, but the first fight was long more than 5 minutes because it was all a stealth spam by him, man it's druid symbol was a druideye haha...

Those people that cant stand their own ground and keep racking up kills from doing +1 - +5 in WvW :p

The same kind of players gets dunked when trying to outnumber from time to time and ends up being fodder in some roaming montage :p

Dont worry, they will always be there. And they will almost always fail because they are generally not good enough on their own :p

> @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Yet everyone laugh when one say that a ranger can stealth almost as much as a thief and far better than mesmer...

> > But yes doesnt quickdraw basicly remove the cd on hunters shot? 3s stealth on 3s cd or something like that. Though of course you got the downtime between swaps, that's why most stealth rangers run druid and traps on top.

>

> Quickdraw plus Lead the Wind could put Hunter's Shot on a 3.2s cd after each weapon swap, but it would mean running a Skirmishing & Marksmanship build. Quickdraw without longbow traited could put Hunter's Shot on a 4s cd after each swap. Assuming the arrow lands each time for either setup.

This is likely the answer.

It takes some practice but you can actually re-stealth _immediately_ as your stealth ends if you land your Hunter's Shot. I used to do this a lot by leaping through the smoke field from Smoke Scale and firing off Hunter's Shot the very second my stealth ran out to maintain my cover. With double Longbow, you could probably do this more effectively but, as is probably very obvious to everyone here, very much a gimmick.

> > What?

> >

>

>

>

>

Ok.

Trust me. We have some weird Ranger player on Kodash.

One Roleplays as a Gw2 beginner.

Plays like one.

Looks like one.

Bearbow build.

Uses Longbow Knockback on CD.

Never seen him Change Weapons.

Uses Longbow as a Melee Weapon.

35k AP.....

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > LB/LB the rangers ranger

> >

> > Except two of the same share cooldowns..

>

> quickdraw is on weaponswap and many dont know how to trigger on swap effects without actually swapping off said weapon so when they build to abuse something on one weapon with weaponswaps they use 2x the same.

I'm not familiar with quickdraw, but swapping from longbow to longbow doesn't refresh hunters shot correct? That was my poorly worded point.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > LB/LB the rangers ranger

> > >

> > > Except two of the same share cooldowns..

> >

> > quickdraw is on weaponswap and many dont know how to trigger on swap effects without actually swapping off said weapon so when they build to abuse something on one weapon with weaponswaps they use 2x the same.

>

> I'm not familiar with quickdraw, but swapping from longbow to longbow doesn't refresh hunters shot correct? That was my poorly worded point.

It's not about refreshing.

Get into combat with LB1

Swap to LB2, get -66% cd on the skill you use first.

Use hunters shot, 3.2s cd if traited (3s stealth)

Swap to LB1, get -66% cd on the skill you use first.

Use hunters shot, 3.2s cd

Repeat forever. Basicly, the ranger have 3s stealth every 9s (6s downtime) assuming HS hits, which it probably wont against anyone worth his salt. And it require the ranger to perfectly time his skill usage so he doesnt accidentally use any other skill first. It matches up with the OP description.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > A good roamer on kodash?

> > > What?

> > >

> >

> > He wasn't a good roamer at all xD

> >

> > I tried to add him but weird I was in the blacklist already... who knows why, never faced this guy before.

> >

> > Weird he was running a skirmishing marksmanship druid, everytime he went out of stealth of stealth from.15% hp.was already above 50% and once completely 100% hp refill.

> >

> > I don't know what weird build was that, but i wonder why he blocked me immediately just beforr attacking me...

>

> Ok.

> Trust me. We have some weird Ranger player on Kodash.

>

> One Roleplays as a Gw2 beginner.

> Plays like one.

> Looks like one.

> Bearbow build.

> Uses Longbow Knockback on CD.

> Never seen him Change Weapons.

> Uses Longbow as a Melee Weapon.

> 35k AP.....

>

Maybe he is a pve player and comes only for dailies in wvw, that's why the 35k ap, or just like to weird roleplay xD

But yeah recently finding plenty of "fake noobs" with beginner area outfit and weapons, but they actually know what they are doing.

Maybe alt accounts or people who like to troll or simply sand bagging.