Impossible odds usage in WvW

idolin.2831

While Impossible odds seems to be a great skill in PvE, I almost never use it in WvW. If Forceful Persistence isn't traited, I rarely use it except for cleaving downs (while roaming), or once in a while for re-positioning if I'm playing hammer backline. Still, I feel like saving energy for Riposting Shadows is still safer than using superspeed from Impossible Odds to re-position.

(Since the death of old F2, I feel like I need Draconic Echo more for boon uptime, rather than traiting Forceful Persistence for the damage and lose the boons).

So do other revs use Impossible Odds often in WvW, or even PvP? I mean in PvP I also only use it for cleaving downs and running between points, since I can't swap legends by right-clicking like in WvW to use Glint't swiftness facet.

I use Phase Traversal/Impossible Odds/Staff AA to run people down.

so i tried time links on a youtube vid and it doesn't work particularly well.

just watch this vid, it applies to you since you are a hammer rev too.

Note me running down people with staff and io, burning people down with trident and io, and finally running away with io and blocking to get some los.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> You should use it when you can because it casts an extra cleave and gives out quickness and superspeed.

Quickness? Impossible Odds no longer gives quickness.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> I could see it being useful for things like Sword 3 and 4 and Staff 5 since there are multiple hits going out.

But there's an ICD of 0.25s though. I doubt if it benefits sword 4 or staff 5 since the hits are too quick, but sword 3 might works with impossible odds - I'll test it.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> So do other revs use Impossible Odds often in WvW, or even PvP?

IMO, it's often worth it to flip on during a burst for the 13% modifier + extra hits... Since it's instacast, it's especially great to toggle on during like a sword 3 that isn't being evaded or while you're casting a sword 4 that looks like it isn't going to be dodged and then follow up with a quick sw2 + as many aa's as you feel safe doing. You are right about not having enough energy for Riposte if you're doing things like this tho... So make sure that you're going to kill the person, or that you have either your legend swap or staff swap off cooldown to escape should your burst fail.

Also, the superspeed is waaaaaay clutch vs cripple/chill... Which are all too common.

I don't really play a lot of hammer rev, but when I am in the occasional zerg, the same theory applies here too... A good AoE burst cheese thing is to like, cast h5 and then right before it hits, use h3, pop IO on, and then follow up with h2 and either keep aa'ing until your energy runs out and legend swap, or just turn IO off to replenish and repeat.

> (Since the death of old F2, I feel like I need Draconic Echo more for boon uptime, rather than traiting Forceful Persistence for the damage and lose the boons).

This... I dunno man, I feel like Forceful Persistence is pretty much a required trait choice. Boon duration shouldn't be a huge issue for you since you're constantly pulsing and applying new boons--even when you're in Shiro, might and fury are constantly being generated. Add to that that Herald needs as many damage modifiers as you can get since the window that you have to down people is generally pretty small. Getting into a long, drawn out fight vs most meta roaming classes doesn't usually end up well for the Herald.