Sigil of Vision seems Overpowered in Roaming and Zergs

Apokriphos.7042

Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

>

> The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

Yeah, for me as full zerk Spellbreaker, I don't see myself using either of these new sigils. I considered going Valk and using Sigil of Vision, but honestly the extra hp is just not needed and I'd rather have the consistent crit chance. I considered Sigil of Celerity for some Bull's Charge > Axe 5 antics but I think it's only viable for roaming. Could be a good choice for Hammer/GS though.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

> >

> > The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

>

> Yeah, for me as full zerk Spellbreaker, I don't see myself using either of these new sigils. I considered going Valk and using Sigil of Vision, but honestly the extra hp is just not needed and I'd rather have the consistent crit chance. I considered Sigil of Celerity for some Bull's Charge > Axe 5 antics but I think it's only viable for roaming. Could be a good choice for Hammer/GS though.

For roaming I think it will be really good, with fast hands you can run both with energy and a stacking sigil and get some pretty nice damage, imagine swapping to axe and getting quickness with 100% crit chance for half the time you have axe out.

For me it won't make much difference as I'm at 80% crit chance already but I think on something like ele this might be really good as they usually have to stat pad and don't have easy access to fury anymore so usually sit at about 35-45% crit chance. A sigil giving fury would be good though.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > Vision I don't know, I mean fortunately there isn't a Power/Ferocity main stat vitality/toughness minor stat combo to truly break it so most people will go valk which still means they take a ton of damage due to how power creeped things are.

> > >

> > > The big down side of going valk is that outside of the 3s weapon swap window, unless getting crit chance elsewhere like retribution guard , you do really bad damage. Sure you get about 2.5k more health, more power and crit damage but people can pretty much kite you for 3s and then you hit like a wet noodle. I do think you will see it on roaming builds but it will be more like people switch some marauder to valk for a bit more stats and have a bit of a mish mash.

> >

> > Yeah, for me as full zerk Spellbreaker, I don't see myself using either of these new sigils. I considered going Valk and using Sigil of Vision, but honestly the extra hp is just not needed and I'd rather have the consistent crit chance. I considered Sigil of Celerity for some Bull's Charge > Axe 5 antics but I think it's only viable for roaming. Could be a good choice for Hammer/GS though.

>

> For roaming I think it will be really good, with fast hands you can run both with energy and a stacking sigil and get some pretty nice damage, imagine swapping to axe and getting quickness with 100% crit chance for half the time you have axe out.

>

> For me it won't make much difference as I'm at 80% crit chance already but I think on something like ele this might be really good as they usually have to stat pad and don't have easy access to fury anymore so usually sit at about 35-45% crit chance. A sigil giving fury would be good though.

Yup I was thinking the same about Ele, shame MS is too slow to fully take advantage of those 3secs. Honestly I'm still excited about the new changes but the more I think about it, I don't think my sigils or runes will be changed from what they are now (well, except by the balancing).

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I was under the impression ele couldn't weapon swap

Yes, but:

_"Engineers can trigger on-swap effects by changing kits; elementalists do so by switching between attunements; revenants can trigger it by switching out legends. Necromancers and Druids can also trigger on-swap effects by entering and exiting Death Shroud and Celestial Avatar respectively.

Switching to a bundle will also trigger on-swap effects.

Firebrands also trigger on-swap effects by swapping in and out of tomes."_

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_swap

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

Swap Sigils are also triggered on equipping Siege, which apparently counts as a "bundle." I advocate for the re-coding of Siege to not trigger Swap Sigils, since they are an inventory item and can be equipped in combat, allowing professions like Mirage and Deadeye to to gain Energy Sigil triggers every 9 seconds regardless of if they actually need to swap weapons. Exploit imo.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

>

> Swap Sigils are also triggered on equipping Siege, which apparently counts as a "bundle." I advocate for the re-coding of Siege to not trigger Swap Sigils, since they are an inventory item and can be equipped in combat, allowing professions like Mirage and Deadeye to to gain Energy Sigil triggers every 9 seconds regardless of if they actually need to swap weapons. Exploit imo.

Show me a video of someone actually opening their inventory in the middle of a fight to equip and unequip a piece of siege for an extra dodge roll.

> @"Crius.5487" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > I had no idea swap sigils could be triggered so often O.o

> >

> > Swap Sigils are also triggered on equipping Siege, which apparently counts as a "bundle." I advocate for the re-coding of Siege to not trigger Swap Sigils, since they are an inventory item and can be equipped in combat, allowing professions like Mirage and Deadeye to to gain Energy Sigil triggers every 9 seconds regardless of if they actually need to swap weapons. Exploit imo.

>

> Show me a video of someone actually opening their inventory in the middle of a fight to equip and unequip a piece of siege for an extra dodge roll.

1. The people who abuse this generally have their inventory always open and as small as it can be. Have you even seen a ranger GS Swoop for out of combat mobility and then actually fight shortly after with Sword/X + Longbow?

2. That's not hard to do even with a large inventory screen opening and closing...