Returning Player Expansions Question

nilesbw.9380

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about returning to GW2 for a while. I quit playing about a year after launch, and I have a question about the expansions. When I login to my account it has an "upgrade" button, but when I click on it, the only option is to buy the most recent expansion Path of Fire. I don't see an option to buy Heart of Thorns. Do you automatically get Heart of Thorns if you buy Path of Fire? Is there an option to buy Heart of Thorns that I am missing? Thank you for any help!

You buy Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire separately (if you buy the Collection you pay 49,99, if you buy PoF and HoT separately you pay 59,98). https://buy.guildwars2.com And click Shopping basket in the top right corner.

Pick: Guild Wars 2 - Standard Collection

(Path of Fire - Standard & Heart of Thorns - Standard) It's 49,99 for both expansions.

> @"nilesbw.9380" said:

> Hey everyone,

> I've been thinking about returning to GW2 for a while.

Do or do not, there is no thinking. In this case, do!

> @"nilesbw.9380" said:

> I quit playing about a year after launch, and I have a question about the expansions.

The game has changed a lot since then. If you like it or not, you will definitely be subject to a new game experience.

> @"nilesbw.9380" said:

> When I login to my account it has an "upgrade" button, but when I click on it, the only option is to buy the most recent expansion Path of Fire. I don't see an option to buy Heart of Thorns. Do you automatically get Heart of Thorns if you buy Path of Fire? Is there an option to buy Heart of Thorns that I am missing? Thank you for any help!

Both expansion need to be purchased separately or as a collection pack. They have gone on sale multiple times by now too, but even at the standard price of 49,99 for both, you are getting a ton of content for said money.

Me personally I would recommend to just get the collection and get going, but if you are more price sensitive and/or unsure if you will enjoy the game, start with PoF, it's the current expansion and a tad easier to get into. Now if you want to play the story chronologically, start with HoT.

Both expansion will provide you with a free level 80 boost (2 total) and a shared inventory slot (2 total) once used. I would recommend **NOT** using the boost. Play a character from scratch and get to know the game again (ties in nicely with playing the story too). Feel free to use some of your resources to speed up the already fast leveling process if you so desire.

One other thing to consider, if you are not buying both expansions.....Heart of Thorns you get a glider to help with travel, while in Path of Fire you get mounts. But, I would honestly get the collection and have all of it. Oh, and Heart of Thorns you get the Revenant profession. I don't know if you can play as one if you don't own HoT.

Edit to add profession.

> @"zidane.5194" said:

> One other thing to consider, if you are not buying both expansions.....Heart of Thorns you get a glider to help with travel, while in Path of Fire you get mounts. But, I would honestly get the collection and have all of it. Oh, and Heart of Thorns you get the Revenant profession. I don't know if you can play as one if you don't own HoT.

> Edit to add profession.

You can create a Revenant from either expansion.

I bought both and I recommend getting both.

HoT gliding is still useful anywhere. Many of my favorite specs are HoT elite specs. The attribute combination I use also requires HoT. HoT maps, although frustratingly confusing at first, are brilliantly designed.

PoF maps are garbage due to ridiculous aggro range, but mounts are excellent. I personally wouldn’t play if this game if it didn’t have mounts.

The only bad thing is that you have to buy LWS separately.