Whats with these awful strategies to winning in pvp?

Toho Malachi.5841

First, I'd like to say that Iv'e pvp'd on EU and NA servers. EU because of a friend but suggested me to play on NA so I switched.

From my experience, EU pvp seemed to be pretty balanced while NA is one big mess. I WOULD mention mirage being the most broken in pvp but I rather not add that to this rant because that isn't what I go against in every match.

My real problem are these scourges that use the same tactic every match, just sitting on control points spamming just about every move they have while guardians like to stack whatever that spinning trap is. I hadn't really tried both classes to know how to deal with them but whenever it's either one on the opposite team, we just lose. It could be because people never capture control points and would just focus mid I don't know.

Every match, It would be 1 out of the 3 same scourges using the same tactic. For an example, running near the wall to hide their name, running in zigzags while jumping and stacking sand shade + anything else that may be an AoE. As strange as that sounds, it's done every match.

This pretty much kills the joy of playing weaver at all and kiting never seems to help against scourges.

Step 1 : kill the scourge or whatever idiot still running trap dragonhunter in 2018.

Step 2 : win.

But on a more serious note, the strategy to win is pretty simple, make sure you control more capture point than the enemy team at all time. If you can't deal with scourge, don't fight the scourge, leave him alone and go on another capture point. Depending on what you play, your team composition and the enemy comp, there will be fights you can take and fights you will most likely lose and that's fine. Simply disengage bad matchups to create more favorable matchups elsewhere. That's how you win.

Granted, this does require a bit of game knowledge in order to accurately judge what is a "bad" or "good" matchup.

As a weaver, you are most effective when playing alone in 1v1 or 1v2. You have enough damage to kill any non-1v1 spec and enough sustain to survive pretty much anything in 1v1 and even do alright in 1v2. Take advantage of that.

In a 1v1, scourge might take a while depending on how life force they have, but it should be a good matchup for weaver (as long as you don't just bath in all their aoe and expect to outheal their crap). Besides damage, scourge don't have anything to answer to weaver while weaver have more than enough tools to evade, condi cleanse and heal everything the scourge throws at you. If you play it correctly, you will out sustain the scourge's damage while the scourge cannot out sustain your damage.