New PVP MAP (Djinn’s Dominion)-First Impressions

Vieux P.1238

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

small, a lot of hidden bugs in the map.....such as able to hide Inside an entire building and hide after capping blue home capture point. The map is better suited for a 15vs15 death match or something personally.

Could use a bit more work on being slightly bigger/nodes a bit bigger as well(middle node is small).

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> Beautiful map. But the points feel extremely cramped and it feels like it rewards zerging around because there's basically no travel time between adjacent points.

Cramped? I don't agree. Larger map only means advantage to Thieves & other super mobile classes. & this is how it's snowball's. There's no way to keep up with the capping & decaping in larger maps. Good example is Legacy & Ethernal Colisium. It's snowballs unless you have a dedicated player that decap's & cap such as a thief. But i do say it, Death match in the larger map's. Conquest in much smaller more accessible maps.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Beautiful map. But the points feel extremely cramped and it feels like it rewards zerging around because there's basically no travel time between adjacent points.

>

> Cramped? I don't agree. Larger map only means advantage to Thieves & other super mobile classes. & this is how it's snowball's. There's no way to keep up with the capping & decaping in larger maps. Good example is Legacy & Ethernal Colisium. It's snowballs unless you have a dedicated player that decap's & cap such as a thief. But i do say it, Death match in the larger map's. Conquest in much smaller more accessible maps.

Legacy snowballs because you have perfect view of where everyone on the map and where they are going so that the second a team establishes a winning position on the map it is extremely difficult to shake them out of it compared to other maps.

I've never noticed Eternal Colosseum being particularly snowball heavy.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > Beautiful map. But the points feel extremely cramped and it feels like it rewards zerging around because there's basically no travel time between adjacent points.

> >

> > Cramped? I don't agree. Larger map only means advantage to Thieves & other super mobile classes. & this is how it's snowball's. There's no way to keep up with the capping & decaping in larger maps. Good example is Legacy & Ethernal Colisium. It's snowballs unless you have a dedicated player that decap's & cap such as a thief. But i do say it, Death match in the larger map's. Conquest in much smaller more accessible maps.

>

> Legacy snowballs because you have perfect view of where everyone on the map and where they are going so that the second a team establishes a winning position on the map it is extremely difficult to shake them out of it compared to other maps.

>

> I've never noticed Eternal Colosseum being particularly snowball heavy.

Really, never?. I mean if the other team have a dedicated capping decaping player & you don't. Watch it snowballing.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > Beautiful map. But the points feel extremely cramped and it feels like it rewards zerging around because there's basically no travel time between adjacent points.

> > >

> > > Cramped? I don't agree. Larger map only means advantage to Thieves & other super mobile classes. & this is how it's snowball's. There's no way to keep up with the capping & decaping in larger maps. Good example is Legacy & Ethernal Colisium. It's snowballs unless you have a dedicated player that decap's & cap such as a thief. But i do say it, Death match in the larger map's. Conquest in much smaller more accessible maps.

> >

> > Legacy snowballs because you have perfect view of where everyone on the map and where they are going so that the second a team establishes a winning position on the map it is extremely difficult to shake them out of it compared to other maps.

> >

> > I've never noticed Eternal Colosseum being particularly snowball heavy.

>

> Really, never?. I mean if the other team have a dedicated capping decaping player & you don't. Watch it snowballing.

A more balanced team comp will have better results. Like how having a Firebrand Support is really helpful especially in Colosseum.

+Looks nice

+Layout of sides is well done

+The extra skill is an interesting concept

-Poor FPS optimization

-Layout of mid point has some issues. It's too open which makes it too DE and R friendly, and Holosmiths can seriously exploit Z-axis bugs on the palm trees. Mid point should IMO be larger similar to foefire.

-The extra skill is currently not worth sending someone offpoint to get it. Many teams just choose to completely ignore it.

Pros:

It looks nice.

Cons:

Too small.

I do not know why the enemy team starts too close to your start position.

The mechanics kinda don’t work.

It is a death match in disguise. Ad it currently stands it is the second worst map.

Also, I really really really really (did I say really enough?) hate the dijn announcer.

The placement of the nodes is refreshing and new. However, due to nodes being so close, the map heavily favors slower bruiser specs and gimps the purpose of mobile specs. Also, the side nodes are so boxed in that it puts quite a hurting on mobile/dps specs. This map just favors bruisers such as Holo/Reaper/Spellbreaker/Boonbeast.

The objective is also weak to the point that there is no reason to cap and take it. The special attacks are actually useless compared to normal high dps attacks in this current meta. It is actually better to ignore the objective completely. The objective needs a buff or rework.

Map is fine for a small map. Not everything needs to be huge and the obstacles between points keeps the size from being too much of an issue. The aesthetics are nice, but here's my two points of feedback for change:

1) Announcer speaks too frequently

2) Secondary mechanic never feels worth going for. I have yet to see the special skill you get do anything that justifies leaving the capture points for such a long time.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> Also, I would say that I do like how quickly you can cross over to intercept enemy teams at the start of the game.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> Also, I would say that I do like how quickly you can cross over to intercept enemy teams at the start of the game.

That sounds fun ! I love doing that!

It looks nice aesthetically, and it's something different. But it feels like the functional aspect was overshadowed by art and the "sounds cool" factor.

* The placements of the spawns so close to each other could be bad. It will lead to DPS jumping a high value target on the other team quickly. But until we get coordinated teams playing, we can't say for sure. At least it has some division and LoS.

* The secondary mechanic (Djinn abilities) aren't worth the effort. Their cast times are far too long for the current pace of PvP and the meteor and disenchantment field are far too easily avoided. The meteor is useful against downed players, but if you can swing that, you're already winning.

* The announcer is too wordy, especially when it comes to the secondary objective - which becomes available quite often. Try and shorten the alerts. Also the stylized word choice is hard to digest quickly. For example "[team] rises in my estimation" - I have to stop and think what that even means.

* It seems like disenchantment fields for teammates have a red "enemy" circle.

* I'm worried that the distance between the middle node and side nodes is too short relative to spawn point to side node distance. This makes it too easy to hold the map once you've won it. This is aided by the long sightlines from spawn to all the nodes.

* The central path from market to pier seems problematic when you get to the terrace and the planks on it. It's too easy to get people stuck there due to limited movement options. In comparison, the mirror path from market to plaza is flat.