Trigr.6481

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > Lol this is fun though. Bout time Condi had a hardcounter

> > >

> > >

> > > there literally are 9:1 power to condi builds on higher elo/plat 3 and you want condi to get hard countered? how bout l2p instead breaking the game with some dumb " bugs"

> >

> > Condi hasnt been "condi" since 2015.

> >

> > Theyre both "burst" , only condi is more lame to play against.

>

>

> yea having 1-2 seconds to react to use condi removal is more lame against getting 1shot out of stealth in an instant.. right

>

> get real, like i said 9:1 power to condi in high elo and that's not cause people are "honorable" but cause condi is garbage compared to power right now

You trolling as always ?

> @"Babylonn.5027" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > > Lol this is fun though. Bout time Condi had a hardcounter

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > there literally are 9:1 power to condi builds on higher elo/plat 3 and you want condi to get hard countered? how bout l2p instead breaking the game with some dumb " bugs"

> > >

> > > Condi hasnt been "condi" since 2015.

> > >

> > > Theyre both "burst" , only condi is more lame to play against.

> >

> >

> > yea having 1-2 seconds to react to use condi removal is more lame against getting 1shot out of stealth in an instant.. right

> >

> > get real, like i said 9:1 power to condi in high elo and that's not cause people are "honorable" but cause condi is garbage compared to power right now

>

> You trolling as always ?

He is not trolling at all, currently condi is just subpar damage dealing mechanic.

It is just so much easier to blow target up in fraction of the second than wait for 3 sec for target to "maybe" collapse under condi burst combo.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"oshi.3160" said:

> > this rune is broken it doesnt heal on all heals....it doesnt heal on passive heals and other proc'd regens......it doesnt heal on signet of renewal either....i only receive barrier on skills that i activate and get heals from

>

> it runs off AH just fine?

You mean Adrenal Health or Altruistic Healing?

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"oshi.3160" said:

> > > this rune is broken it doesnt heal on all heals....it doesnt heal on passive heals and other proc'd regens......it doesnt heal on signet of renewal either....i only receive barrier on skills that i activate and get heals from

> >

> > it runs off AH just fine?

>

> You mean Adrenal Health or Altruistic Healing?

Altruistic Healing...

Also runs off the Necro traits Blighters boons and the vampiric aura and gs health regain and all that jazz stacked up

Not sure what he means to be honest

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> All heal over times with durations do not proc Sanctuary Runes.

>

> All heals considered by the game to be a stand alone heal, (including every individual lifesteal and tiny heal procs from traits) will proc Sanctuary Rune with a few exceptions I've noticed.

Holo Vent Exhaust doesn't proc sanctuary runes i hear?

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

>

> anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

exactly what it says on the tin

if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

> @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > All heal over times with durations do not proc Sanctuary Runes.

> >

> > All heals considered by the game to be a stand alone heal, (including every individual lifesteal and tiny heal procs from traits) will proc Sanctuary Rune with a few exceptions I've noticed.

>

> Holo Vent Exhaust doesn't proc sanctuary runes i hear?

That's because Vent Exhaust is not a heal. Vent Exhaust procs Heat Therapy - that's deemed to be a heal over time similar to adrenal health.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > All heal over times with durations do not proc Sanctuary Runes.

> > >

> > > All heals considered by the game to be a stand alone heal, (including every individual lifesteal and tiny heal procs from traits) will proc Sanctuary Rune with a few exceptions I've noticed.

> >

> > Holo Vent Exhaust doesn't proc sanctuary runes i hear?

>

> That's because Vent Exhaust is not a heal. Vent Exhaust procs Heat Therapy - that's deemed to be a heal over time similar to adrenal health.

Ahh because heat therapy heals as you lose heat and you lose heat over time. I see. thanks

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> >

> > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

>

> exactly what it says on the tin

>

> if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

>

> and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

Additionally, if you’re a Druid in menders and some random zerker guard gives you regen or some other random healing you will not gain barrier based on YOUR healing power, it’ll be based on that other guys.

> @"Babylonn.5027" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > > Lol this is fun though. Bout time Condi had a hardcounter

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > there literally are 9:1 power to condi builds on higher elo/plat 3 and you want condi to get hard countered? how bout l2p instead breaking the game with some dumb " bugs"

> > >

> > > Condi hasnt been "condi" since 2015.

> > >

> > > Theyre both "burst" , only condi is more lame to play against.

> >

> >

> > yea having 1-2 seconds to react to use condi removal is more lame against getting 1shot out of stealth in an instant.. right

> >

> > get real, like i said 9:1 power to condi in high elo and that's not cause people are "honorable" but cause condi is garbage compared to power right now

>

> You trolling as always ?

Condition cleanses and conversion into boons are both extremely overtuned at this point. Most classes can quickly throw off 3-7+ conditions repeatedly over the course of a fight, or have strong resistance uptime. Scourge and Mirage are the only condition classes capable of keeping up not because their condition damage is high (It's not. Scourge and Mirage are actually some of the lowest condition damage available) but because they have a wide range of conditions (Or in Scourge's case a wide range of conditions and boon corruption) that gives their conditions a chance to dodge condition cleanses entirely. And even then there is no shortage of Power Mirage and absolutely no shortage Power Reaper who have pulled ahead of Scourge at least in ranked queue.

Condition damage has completely fallen behind Power Damage in the scheme of things. Condition Berserker, Condition Firebrand, Condition Weaver, and Condition Holosmith have the higher condition bursts. Far, far beyond what Condition Mirage and Scourge are capable of. But even putting aside other weaknesses in those builds, the single biggest weakness that prevents them from ever becoming meta is the fact that when every class can effortlessly throw off 5+ conditions multiple times a fight, the bulk of their damage being tied down into one or two conditions means their effective damage output is zero.

Arenanet really needs to look at both normalizing the spread of conditions, balancing all classes around 2-3 damaging conditions. And also heavily pulling back condition cleanses to compensate for it.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> >

> > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

>

> exactly what it says on the tin

>

> if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

>

> and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

I don't know why youre bringing abrasive grit into this scenario its only confusing things.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> > >

> > > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

> >

> > exactly what it says on the tin

> >

> > if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

> >

> > and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

>

> Additionally, if you’re a Druid in menders and some random zerker guard gives you regen or some other random healing you will not gain barrier based on YOUR healing power, it’ll be based on that other guys.

that makes sense.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> > >

> > > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

> >

> > exactly what it says on the tin

> >

> > if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

> >

> > and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

>

> I don't know why youre bringing abrasive grit into this scenario its only confusing things.

>

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> > > >

> > > > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

> > >

> > > exactly what it says on the tin

> > >

> > > if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

> > >

> > > and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

> >

> > Additionally, if you’re a Druid in menders and some random zerker guard gives you regen or some other random healing you will not gain barrier based on YOUR healing power, it’ll be based on that other guys.

>

> that makes sense.

He mentioned abrasive grit because that's a trait where it matters WHO is applying the barrier. The rune now counts the rune user as the owner of the barrier.

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> >Condition Holosmith have the higher condition bursts. Far, far beyond what Condition Mirage and Scourge are capable of.

> >

> >

>

> LOLOLOLOLOL this made my day.....if anything was going to prove you're trolling, this is it.

It's literally mathematically true. Condition Holosmith does more condi damage than Condition Mirage on numbers alone. It's ability to deliver this damage isn't viable, but again, even if the delivery was viable the 35 stacks of burning dumped on a target will get cleansed and you're done.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> > > >

> > > > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

> > >

> > > exactly what it says on the tin

> > >

> > > if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

> > >

> > > and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

> >

> > I don't know why youre bringing abrasive grit into this scenario its only confusing things.

> >

> > > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > Superior Rune of Sanctuary: The barrier gained from this rune is now granted by the healer.

> > > > >

> > > > > anyone know what this latest patch did to the rune?

> > > >

> > > > exactly what it says on the tin

> > > >

> > > > if someone were to heal a necro so that they got a barrier from the rune abrasive grit won't proc

> > > >

> > > > and vice versa, if you used a heal such as life from death and someone gets a barrier from the heal it will proc abrasive grit

> > >

> > > Additionally, if you’re a Druid in menders and some random zerker guard gives you regen or some other random healing you will not gain barrier based on YOUR healing power, it’ll be based on that other guys.

> >

> > that makes sense.

>

> He mentioned abrasive grit because that's a trait where it matters WHO is applying the barrier. The rune now counts the rune user as the owner of the barrier.

oh lol. many learns. thanks man.

> @"Trigr.6481" said:

> "Gain a barrier with health equal to 20% of any heals you receive"

>

> This is broken because of the following

>

> - This works in downstate, meaning that the barrier is multiplied based on how many people are ressing you. So technically it's going to be near impossible to dps out a target that has this rune equipped.

>

> - This also works with Signet Of Mercy, meaning that if a downed target gets ressed with Rune Of Sanc they literally get max barrier.

>

> So it's needless to say that this is a huge oversight and needs to be tuned accordingly. And the only way to make it happen is by making this public knowledge. Enjoy it while you can I guess.

>

> Countless

Its been a couple of days since then. Has this been changed/fixed yet?

Or ia this not really a problem.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > >Condition Holosmith have the higher condition bursts. Far, far beyond what Condition Mirage and Scourge are capable of.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > LOLOLOLOLOL this made my day.....if anything was going to prove you're trolling, this is it.

>

> It's literally mathematically true. Condition Holosmith does more condi damage than Condition Mirage on numbers alone. It's ability to deliver this damage isn't viable, but again, even if the delivery was viable the 35 stacks of burning dumped on a target will get cleansed and you're done.

Uhh how are you quantifying how much damage confusion is doing on average? It depends on skill usage of the victim. I think your Condi Holo vs. Mirage comparison is disingenuous at best and utterly wrong at worst.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > >Condition Holosmith have the higher condition bursts. Far, far beyond what Condition Mirage and Scourge are capable of.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > LOLOLOLOLOL this made my day.....if anything was going to prove you're trolling, this is it.

> >

> > It's literally mathematically true. Condition Holosmith does more condi damage than Condition Mirage on numbers alone. It's ability to deliver this damage isn't viable, but again, even if the delivery was viable the 35 stacks of burning dumped on a target will get cleansed and you're done.

>

> Uhh how are you quantifying how much damage confusion is doing on average? It depends on skill usage of the victim. I think your Condi Holo vs. Mirage comparison is disingenuous at best and utterly wrong at worst.

A skill use every second on confusion.

Condi holo still has higher theoretical burst. It's just almost all of it is just burning whereas condition Mirage has a three times wider spread of damaging conditions and cover conditions to boot.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > >Condition Holosmith have the higher condition bursts. Far, far beyond what Condition Mirage and Scourge are capable of.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > LOLOLOLOLOL this made my day.....if anything was going to prove you're trolling, this is it.

>

> It's literally mathematically true. Condition Holosmith does more condi damage than Condition Mirage on numbers alone. It's ability to deliver this damage isn't viable, but again, even if the delivery was viable the 35 stacks of burning dumped on a target will get cleansed and you're done.

i can't even.....

now we're talking theoretical stuff that no one and i mean no one is ever...EVER gonna play? stop already!

sheesh.

> > > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > >Condition Holosmith have the higher condition bursts. Far, far beyond what Condition Mirage and Scourge are capable of.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > LOLOLOLOLOL this made my day.....if anything was going to prove you're trolling, this is it.

> >

> > It's literally mathematically true. Condition Holosmith does more condi damage than Condition Mirage on numbers alone. It's ability to deliver this damage isn't viable, but again, even if the delivery was viable the 35 stacks of burning dumped on a target will get cleansed and you're done.

>

> i can't even.....

>

> now we're talking theoretical stuff that no one and i mean no one is ever...EVER gonna play? stop already!

>

> sheesh.

We're talking about why condi is weak on classes other than Mirage and Scourge. I pointed out that several classes have plenty of condi damage, scourge and mirage are actually on the lowest end of the spectrum, but even if things like Condi Holo and Berserker's over reliance on fields were solved, stuff like Condi Holo and Condi Firebrand are too heavily reliant on one condition and condition cleanses are overtuned.