skills dissapearing

Fenris.1458

Did you use a main-hand weapon that is bound to an elite specialization of your class and have been on a PvP/WvW before?

HoM is a PvE Map.

PvE, PvP and WvW maps have builds/specialization saved independet from each other.

If you equip an elite specialization in a PvP or WvW map, equip the weapon that belongs to this specialization and go back to and PvE map, the weapon stays equipped, but if you don't have the necessary specialization equipped on PvE maps as well, the weapon skills of that weapon will not be shown and therefore not be useable.

> @"Ronan.9518" said:

> Did you use a main-hand weapon that is bound to an elite specialization of your class and have been on a PvP/WvW before?

> HoM is a PvE Map.

> PvE, PvP and WvW maps have builds/specialization saved independet from each other.

> If you equip an elite specialization in a PvP or WvW map, equip the weapon that belongs to this specialization and go back to and PvE map, the weapon stays equipped, but if you don't have the necessary specialization equipped on PvE maps as well, the weapon skills of that weapon will not be shown and therefore not be useable.

This. For instance, if you're a Guardian Fire Brand elite in WvW with the Axe equipped and you say go to Lions Arch and you have Core or Dragon Hunter slotted for PvE, you will loose the Axe skills and the weapon will automatically be put in your inventory.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > Did you use a main-hand weapon that is bound to an elite specialization of your class and have been on a PvP/WvW before?

> > HoM is a PvE Map.

> > PvE, PvP and WvW maps have builds/specialization saved independet from each other.

> > If you equip an elite specialization in a PvP or WvW map, equip the weapon that belongs to this specialization and go back to and PvE map, the weapon stays equipped, but if you don't have the necessary specialization equipped on PvE maps as well, the weapon skills of that weapon will not be shown and therefore not be useable.

>

> This. For instance, if you're a Guardian Fire Brand elite in WvW with the Axe equipped and you say go to Lions Arch and you have Core or Dragon Hunter slotted for PvE, you will loose the Axe skills and the weapon will automatically be put in your inventory.

The weapon stays equipped, you just can't use it

> @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > > Did you use a main-hand weapon that is bound to an elite specialization of your class and have been on a PvP/WvW before?

> > > HoM is a PvE Map.

> > > PvE, PvP and WvW maps have builds/specialization saved independet from each other.

> > > If you equip an elite specialization in a PvP or WvW map, equip the weapon that belongs to this specialization and go back to and PvE map, the weapon stays equipped, but if you don't have the necessary specialization equipped on PvE maps as well, the weapon skills of that weapon will not be shown and therefore not be useable.

> >

> > This. For instance, if you're a Guardian Fire Brand elite in WvW with the Axe equipped and you say go to Lions Arch and you have Core or Dragon Hunter slotted for PvE, you will loose the Axe skills and the weapon will automatically be put in your inventory.

>

> The weapon stays equipped, you just can't use it

Odd. Mine always went to inventory because as a DH in PvE the elite can't use or equip an Axe. Same with my FB. If I'm DH in PvE w/LB and I go to WvW, my LB gets unequipped.

> @"Ronan.9518" said:

> Just tested it with my mirage. With axe equipped, went into Heart of the Mist, where i had core mesmer active, could even switch to chrono and weapon was still equipped. Just couldn't use it and skills where not visible.

Thanks. It's been a while since since I did that. I remember when DH first released that was an issue with me so I ran DH in both modes. They must have fixed it.

I hardly run FB anymore as I don't care for the elite. Thanks again for the info!!!?

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Ronan.9518" said:

> > Just tested it with my mirage. With axe equipped, went into Heart of the Mist, where i had core mesmer active, could even switch to chrono and weapon was still equipped. Just couldn't use it and skills where not visible.

>

> Thanks. It's been a while since since I did that. I remember when DH first released that was an issue with me so I ran DH in both modes. They must have fixed it.

>

> I hardly run FB anymore as I don't care for the elite. Thanks again for the info!!!?

That was patched a long time ago.