name change contract for statuette vendor

Dorian.8542

> @"Dorian.8542" said:

> we already have the total makeover and self style hair kit in there, its about time we also had the name change contract.

The makeover and hair kits drop from Black Lion Chests, which is why they are in the statuette vendor, so asking for the name change contract to also be in the vendor is (roughly) equivalent to asking for them to drop from BLCs. The statuette vendor is a way to get BLC random things without fussing about the random part.

And one supplementary reason for it is probably the relatively low frequency of name changes compared to hair changes(1) and total makeovers.

(1) Especially if you have the permanent hair kit contract thingy.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Dorian.8542" said:

> > we already have the total makeover and self style hair kit in there, its about time we also had the name change contract.

>

> The makeover and hair kits drop from Black Lion Chests, which is why they are in the statuette vendor, so asking for the name change contract to also be in the vendor is (roughly) equivalent to asking for them to drop from BLCs. The statuette vendor is a way to get BLC random things without fussing about the random part.

>

> And one supplementary reason for it is probably the relatively low frequency of name changes compared to hair changes(1) and total makeovers.

>

> (1) Especially if you have the permanent hair kit contract thingy.

Name Change Contracts used to be part of the BLCs very long ago. Not exactly sure why they removed it.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Dorian.8542" said:

> > > we already have the total makeover and self style hair kit in there, its about time we also had the name change contract.

> >

> > The makeover and hair kits drop from Black Lion Chests, which is why they are in the statuette vendor, so asking for the name change contract to also be in the vendor is (roughly) equivalent to asking for them to drop from BLCs. The statuette vendor is a way to get BLC random things without fussing about the random part.

> >

> > And one supplementary reason for it is probably the relatively low frequency of name changes compared to hair changes(1) and total makeovers.

> >

> > (1) Especially if you have the permanent hair kit contract thingy.

>

> Name Change Contracts used to be part of the BLCs very long ago. Not exactly sure why they removed it.

Huh. OK, never mind, I guess.

I wouldn't object to name change contracts being offered for Statuettes, but I wouldn't want them to drop from black lion chests. I've only ever used one and even then it was just because I had one from PoF Deluxe edition and having finally decided what name and appearance I wanted for my new character it was slightly quicker to use it and get it out my bank than to remake him.

As long as they make the cost equivalent (bearing in mind you can't get statuettes without using keys) I can't see that it would be a problem for Anet to offer it that way.

IMO, the current cost of a name change contract is set to discourage wide-spread use of it. I imagine that there is a lot involved from the dev side to perform a name change, so although it is an option Anet makes it a pricey option (for most). This is why I doubt that they would make it available other than what is currently in place.