Chair Wars 2

Chasind.3128

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

> > >

> > > dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

> >

> > raid exclusive, hello?

> > elitist in it's finest....

>

> The raids don't require as much skill or DPS as a lot of the raid community wants you to believe. It's easy enough to join a guild with casual/training raid nights, and the DPS check requirement is actually only like... 15k average per player (meaning some who hit much higher make up for some who hit a bit lower). And certain classes can well exceed that even in exotics with simple rotations (Deadeye). After that it's just learning the mechanics.

Thank you for a kind explanation about raids, Sojourner. I have played in them, and had help from a couple of experienced players. I didn't find it enjoyable after a while. I may try them again at some point, and hopefully I will like them.

But to keep from derailing the thread, I agree with Sorudo in that I would like very much to be able to have the chairs that are locked behind raids. I know they're purely cosmetic and all, but I'd be willing to do quests, similar to Legendary quests, in order to acquire them.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

> > > >

> > > > dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

> > >

> > > raid exclusive, hello?

> > > elitist in it's finest....

> >

> > and? what's so elitist about it? play harder then.

>

> maybe not, maybe i just want a chair like i suggested instead of someone being a smart kitten pushing me in a game play i absolutely detest.

so you want a chair but won't sacrifice few hours a day for it? way to go. keep dreaming. no one will give you an easy virtual chair. better go make your own chair in real life.

> @"Fluxxar.3692" said:

> > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > I have given Anet enough money for things, and I don't mind really, however, I absolutely reFUSE to pay for a friggin chair.

> >

> > Nope, nope, aaaaaand nope!

> >

> > I'd prefer to see almost anything other than chairs.

>

> But you can get a Chair for free through an Achievement. I myself would never pay for them either but if it is for free why not? Took me only 20-25 mins to complete it :)

and it's the only one I have ;)

My original comment was regarding paying for chairs in the gem store.

The taller thrones block a lot of the view on my AI when a lot of people are using them. Annoying. Otherwise I don't have an opinion. I can't even imagine wanting to own one. To me it's like finishers - something the game offers as a luxury that I couldn't care less about.

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> What do you think of the new chair items?

>

Chairs were nice when they added them as environmental stuff... The "Novelty" chairs is just :trollface: imo. Seriously, GW2 is the only game that rewards you with chairs for stuff... I really can't qualify what i think about this without risking another forum suspension...

> What would you rather have that effort put into, instead of another chair skin?

>

> For me, New hairstyles/ customization/ faces/ class balances/ more challenging content

All of the above. Hell some reworked assets from the core game... A small quest or a book, or even a letter telling us what happened to the Pale Tree and other loose ends...

Seriously, you can't really tell me that you need to charge 2000 gems for a mount, and then the best they can do as rewards (and gemstore crap) is chairs...

Well, kids were eating Tide Pods at the start of the year so, i guess people will bite into anything if shiny colors are involved.

I don't understand the chair obsession. I especially don't understand why anyone would spend money on a chair for your character to sit in.... like why? It's not armor or a weapon you'll carry wherever you go; it's not a hairstyle/color/permanent physical feature; it doesn't make anything more convenient or powerful..... it's just a virtual chair. That said, my major GW2 wants have already been met.... more charr face and horn options and light armor pants. So as for Arenanet putting their focus on something besides chairs... at this point I don't have any strong opinions.

The chairs are almost all too big and/or make the character seem too small. The Desert King Throne is so huge, all I can think of is that the owner must be compensating for shortcomings elsewhere. (The Hummer / big SUV syndrome).

I'd like it better if they slowly worked on making more and more of the environmental chairs and beds out in the explorable world sittable / lie-downable.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

> >

> > dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

>

> raid exclusive, hello?

> elitist in it's finest....

I'm not really sure what your problem is, he was simply pointing out that there's a chair you can obtain that's perfect for a Necro already, but you decide to attack him because he mentions a raid wing where you obtain it at. It's a good thing you don't raid, cause I wouldn't want to raid with someone as toxic as you anyway.

and for the record, Dhuum's Throne is not "raid exclusive" because you can buy it on the TP for less than 500g, so you don't even need to step foot in W5 to get it. Next time do some research before you make an ass out of yourself again.

> @"Vrita.7846" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

> > >

> > > dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

> >

> > raid exclusive, hello?

> > elitist in it's finest....

>

> I'm not really sure what your problem is, he was simply pointing out that there's a chair you can obtain that's perfect for a Necro already, but you decide to attack him because he mentions a raid wing where you obtain it at. It's a good thing you don't raid, cause I wouldn't want to raid with someone as toxic as you anyway.

>

> and for the record, Dhuum's Throne is not "raid exclusive" because you can buy it on the TP for less than 500g, so you don't even need to step foot in W5 to get it. Next time do some research before you make an kitten out of yourself again.

Really? You can buy it on the TP? :o I had no idea! Thank you so much for the info!

> > @"Little Leota.5849" said:

> > > @"Vrita.7846" said:

> > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > i hope they add a chair fitting for a necro, one with bones and bone minions holding a cup of blood.

> > > > >

> > > > > dhuum's chair, hello? dark with green aura. throne for some edge lord necromancer. wing 5.

> > > >

> > > > raid exclusive, hello?

> > > > elitist in it's finest....

> > >

> > > I'm not really sure what your problem is, he was simply pointing out that there's a chair you can obtain that's perfect for a Necro already, but you decide to attack him because he mentions a raid wing where you obtain it at. It's a good thing you don't raid, cause I wouldn't want to raid with someone as toxic as you anyway.

> > >

> > > and for the record, Dhuum's Throne is not "raid exclusive" because you can buy it on the TP for less than 500g, so you don't even need to step foot in W5 to get it. Next time do some research before you make an kitten out of yourself again.

> >

> > Really? You can buy it on the TP? :o I had no idea! Thank you so much for the info!

> >

> >

>

Yes, it is avaible on the TP. The amount of gold needed makes going into raids to acquire said chair a huge waste of your time compared just buying it outright. And I am hardly surprised people jump to complain about raids without even informing themselves first.