Am I wrong for playing Core Necro in spvp?

TheDevice.2751

> @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > OP you're asking if you should play core necro in your original post and then all your follow up posts talk about how unviable and trash core necro is.

> >

> > What's your angle here? Are you trolling everyone? I think so.

> >

> > Let me reword your post. "Hi. I think core necro is unviable and total trash tier. Should i play it in ranked?"

> >

> > Forgive me if you feel hostility the booze is real but WILL NOT BE TROLLED NOPE

>

> No you misunderstand. I don't play core necro because its good, I play it because i like it. It's definitely bad.

Then what is the point of this thread? So just you can echo chamber about how bad Core Necro is in PvP?

If you think a build is bad, why do you like playing it? What satisfaction do you get from Core as opposed to Reaper or Scourge?

Must be some weird personality trait thing.

Anyway, I played some Core Necro in unranked recently, and I was surprised at how decent it was. Damage was good, the wells are strong af, and sustain was very high compared to Scourge. I wouldn't play it in Ranked, but personally I probably wouldn't play any Necro spec in Ranked atm.

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > Screw em all and play what you want. This game is all about casual play.

>

> True lol. I also find it pretty funny how badly designed core necro is that its taken six years on this game and core necro is still the worst thing ever.

Im not really sure what youre talking about...I see core necros and they are really strong if they have a support with them(like all necros)

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > @"Sampson.2403" said:

> > > OP you're asking if you should play core necro in your original post and then all your follow up posts talk about how unviable and trash core necro is.

> > >

> > > What's your angle here? Are you trolling everyone? I think so.

> > >

> > > Let me reword your post. "Hi. I think core necro is unviable and total trash tier. Should i play it in ranked?"

> > >

> > > Forgive me if you feel hostility the booze is real but WILL NOT BE TROLLED NOPE

> >

> > No you misunderstand. I don't play core necro because its good, I play it because i like it. It's definitely bad.

>

> Then what is the point of this thread? So just you can echo chamber about how bad Core Necro is in PvP?

No, Im asking is it wrong for playing a bad spec in ranked jut because you like it? You seem want this thread to turn into a necro hate thread when its clearly not. Why have you veered so off topic and become triggered by somebody saying core necro is bad/inferior? Do you also think evey single spec in the game are great? If somebody says a thing is bad, but they play it anyways, how is that automatically a negative echo-chamber about that class? You seem to want it to be that more than I do.

You haven't even tried to answer the question and already are curious as to what the thread is about. That's incredibly strange lol. You literally haven't even discussed the original topic or question presented, heard "necro bad", and now think its a necro hate thread. Why?

Do you only play specs that are good?

Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

The increased shroud degen was only applied to reaper so core necro can stay in shroud much longer than reaper making it tankier than reaper and scourge. The other advantages of core is the superior range on shroud skills makes it much harder to kite than reaper and the instant fear on doom is really useful where reaper and scourge fears all have cast times/delays. As a nearly pure rev player I find core necro to be a tougher matchup than reaper as kiting away from 1200 range lifeblast spam is much harder than kiting melee range reaper shroud, and death shroud still does enough damage and is tanky enough that I either need to blow a ton of energy to get out of their range or find line of sight as they will simply win a toe to toe brawl as long as they have adequate lifeforce. So I guess in conclusion core necro is pretty good in certain matchups, while it is mostly overshadowed by scourge, it definitly has advantages over reaper at least.

> Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm damn sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

For ranked:

Core necro destroys some builds if you are very very experienced but it also melts against some meta builds. So overall i suggest you to play teamfighter scourge dps or marauder reaper for burst damage and comparatively more mobility.

For unranked:

Play whatever you want, everyone is crap and trying to spam all damage while 3v1'ing you. The fights are all snowball.

All this assuming you are good in all specs of necro. If you are god in core but bad in elite specs then you should play core only. Theres no wrong choice for an objective. Just more and less effective ones.

As long as you play it reasonably consistently then why would it matter?

The game has MMR, so you will be rated at the level you perform on core necro, if some people in your games think playing it is a huge disadvantage then perhaps they need it pointed out to them that they have achieved around the same MMR on their meta build as you have on your "terrible" core necro, so maybe they have a severe case of the Dunning–Kruger's and need to L2P.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> A long as you play it reasonably consistently then why would it matter?

>

> The game has MMR, so you will be rated at the level you perform on core necro, if some people in your games think playing it is a huge disadvantage then perhaps they need it pointed out to them that they have achieved around the same MMR on their meta build as you have on your "terrible" core necro, so maybe they have severe case of the Dunning–Kruger's and need to L2P.

I was about to say something totally different but then I saw this. Absolutely true. Stating a fact while adding a little insult is always the best option.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

>

> If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

> You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm kitten sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

>

> So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

> In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

So you're answer is to only play what you are good on but what If im good on core necro but its still not on-par with elite specs? I mean, I can do decent damage but there's a lot less survivability (which is reallys saying something) and a lot less burst (and burst or surviving burst is everything right now).

More to the point, your philosophy is far from my original question. What if your best is a class that you're tired of playing and its not fun anymore to play? So you start playing another spec for fun but it's not that good. What you're saying is Playing Best > Having Fun. So the point isn't about having fun but playing what is best.

> As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

Thats not the question. The question is about playing whats best (or their best) vs what they find fun.

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

> >

> > If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

> > You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm kitten sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

> >

> > So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

> > In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

>

> So you're answer is to only play what you are good on but what If im good on core necro but its still not on-par with elite specs? I mean, I can do decent damage but there's a lot less survivability (which is reallys saying something) and a lot less burst (and burst or surviving burst is everything right now).

>

> More to the point, your philosophy is far from my original question. What if your best is a class that you're tired of playing and its not fun anymore to play? So you start playing another spec for fun but it's not that good. What you're saying is Playing Best > Having Fun. So the point isn't about having fun but playing what is best.

>

> > As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

>

> Thats not the question. The question is about playing whats best (or their best) vs what they find fun.

Fun is somenthing subjective... But I'm inclined to say most people have fun when they are winning, and usually don't have fun when they are losing... That leads back to my first point: Yes, you should play what you are best at **if you are playing ranked**.

"Oh, but I no longer have fun on the profession I was good at" Well, then you go play somenthing else you find fun on unranked until you get good enough to play it at your level in ranked.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > > Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

> > >

> > > If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

> > > You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm kitten sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

> > >

> > > So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

> > > In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

> >

> > So you're answer is to only play what you are good on but what If im good on core necro but its still not on-par with elite specs? I mean, I can do decent damage but there's a lot less survivability (which is reallys saying something) and a lot less burst (and burst or surviving burst is everything right now).

> >

> > More to the point, your philosophy is far from my original question. What if your best is a class that you're tired of playing and its not fun anymore to play? So you start playing another spec for fun but it's not that good. What you're saying is Playing Best > Having Fun. So the point isn't about having fun but playing what is best.

> >

> > > As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

> >

> > Thats not the question. The question is about playing whats best (or their best) vs what they find fun.

>

> Fun is somenthing subjective...

And that's the point of playing what you want for some people. You're saying even for those people, they shouldn't play ranked.

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > > > Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

> > > >

> > > > If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

> > > > You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm kitten sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

> > > >

> > > > So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

> > > > In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

> > >

> > > So you're answer is to only play what you are good on but what If im good on core necro but its still not on-par with elite specs? I mean, I can do decent damage but there's a lot less survivability (which is reallys saying something) and a lot less burst (and burst or surviving burst is everything right now).

> > >

> > > More to the point, your philosophy is far from my original question. What if your best is a class that you're tired of playing and its not fun anymore to play? So you start playing another spec for fun but it's not that good. What you're saying is Playing Best > Having Fun. So the point isn't about having fun but playing what is best.

> > >

> > > > As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

> > >

> > > Thats not the question. The question is about playing whats best (or their best) vs what they find fun.

> >

> > Fun is somenthing subjective...

>

> And that's the point of playing what you want for some people. You're saying even for those people, they shouldn't play ranked.

>

>

>

Yes, because they are ruining other's people fun by being a liability and bringing the team down in the queue where people are competing to win... If you can't play a character to your level in ranked, **don't do it**.

Remember: This isn't a single player game. There are other people playing it too and your actions will have a impact in their experience, just as their actions impact in yours...

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > > > > Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

> > > > >

> > > > > If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

> > > > > You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm kitten sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

> > > > > In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

> > > >

> > > > So you're answer is to only play what you are good on but what If im good on core necro but its still not on-par with elite specs? I mean, I can do decent damage but there's a lot less survivability (which is reallys saying something) and a lot less burst (and burst or surviving burst is everything right now).

> > > >

> > > > More to the point, your philosophy is far from my original question. What if your best is a class that you're tired of playing and its not fun anymore to play? So you start playing another spec for fun but it's not that good. What you're saying is Playing Best > Having Fun. So the point isn't about having fun but playing what is best.

> > > >

> > > > > As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

> > > >

> > > > Thats not the question. The question is about playing whats best (or their best) vs what they find fun.

> > >

> > > Fun is somenthing subjective...

> >

> > And that's the point of playing what you want for some people. You're saying even for those people, they shouldn't play ranked.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Yes, because they are ruining other's people fun by being a liability and bringing the team down

Ah, see, but you're just replacing one person's fun with another.

> I get a lot of hate about playing Core Necro on my teams. Should I stop playing it? If so, should anet just ban core necro from spvp?

If you are not playing the way that makes you happy you should be.

Don't play the way others want you to do what you want with your time. You cannot get it back so fill it with the things that make you happy within reason.

It is your playtime and no one else's opinion of how you should spend it is more valid than your own.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > > > > Here's a better question: Should players only play specs that are good or "top tier"?

> > > > >

> > > > > If you are playing ranked, people expect the players to be bringing _their best_ to it... What is _the best_ is actually questionable tho.

> > > > > You can tell me Mirage is meta and Chrono is bad, but I'm kitten sure I'll perform much better on Chrono (Which I have about 3k hours on) than on Mirage, which I simply don't play at all because I dislike its mechanics.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, to answer your first question: No, you're not wrong for playing core Necro in ranked PvP if that's the build you actually perform the best. But if you are purposefully gimping yourself when you could actually be playing better in another build, I'd say you're not being a team player.

> > > > > In unranked tho you can play whatever you want and nobody have the right to complain. Casual play for shitz and giggles.

> > > >

> > > > So you're answer is to only play what you are good on but what If im good on core necro but its still not on-par with elite specs? I mean, I can do decent damage but there's a lot less survivability (which is reallys saying something) and a lot less burst (and burst or surviving burst is everything right now).

> > > >

> > > > More to the point, your philosophy is far from my original question. What if your best is a class that you're tired of playing and its not fun anymore to play? So you start playing another spec for fun but it's not that good. What you're saying is Playing Best > Having Fun. So the point isn't about having fun but playing what is best.

> > > >

> > > > > As for your new question: No build will be good if the player is bad. Give Firebrand in the hands of a complete moron and watch him die more than a zerker Reaper being focused... So what players should be doing is playing what they play best and not what others consider best.

> > > >

> > > > Thats not the question. The question is about playing whats best (or their best) vs what they find fun.

> > >

> > > Fun is somenthing subjective...

> >

> > And that's the point of playing what you want for some people. You're saying even for those people, they shouldn't play ranked.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Yes, because they are ruining other's people fun by being a liability and bringing the team down in the queue where people are competing to win... If you can't play a character to your level in ranked, **don't do it**.

>

> Remember: This isn't a single player game. There are other people playing it too and your actions will have a impact in their experience, just as their actions impact in yours...

It is not your place to make another's decisions. I know you think that what you are saying here is valid but this is not a job and his time is no less valuable to him than yours is to you. If fun is not derived what is the point and if he has fun with core necro so be it.

Make arguments until you drop if you like but is subjective opinion on his or her fun is no less valid than yours, you can both be wrong at the same time :)

Whatever rank you get playing only core necro, means that your peformance on core necro is roughly the same as the other players on their meta builds, thus you are not throwing.

You would be throwing though, if you get a higher rank with a better build, say scourge, then start playing core, naturally you won’t perform as you’re expected to.