Fix mirage, don't nerf

Crab Fear.1624

They don't need to remove EM or the core mechanic of Mirage. They just need to force being able to perform a dodge while stunned to only work if you pick EM. That way glassies can pick IH if they are confident they can handle being stunned, or take EM as a more defensive option at the cost of some of their damage. they can even take a couple of seconds of exhaustion off of EM if they do that. Right now everyone is just speccing IH because you get the benefit of EM without actually needing to slot it, anyway.

People who are claiming EM needs a rework are not realizing that mirages don't need EM to dodge while stunned (they can still dodge while stunned, the stun just does not expire but they get a window of evade frames), and the mirages debating them are using that misinformation to claim that mirage is fine and people are just whining to whine.

Forgive me if I missed someone specifying this, but it seems most people are dancing around it. Just because people have been whining about Mesmers for a long time _doesn't mean they don't have a point that this is cheesy_ , but at the same time _make sure you have a cursory knowledge of what you think the problem is about a class before you start suggesting specific trait fixes_ .

It doesn't matter that unhindered combatant made thieves immune against immob and chilled. you only got that if you slotted that one grandmaster, and that capability was separate of the core mechanic of having an extra dodge and special dodge trait. Trying to use that to claim mirage should be immune to stuns by nature of its class because daredevil was immune to a less potent condition is false equivalence. There's a difference between the application of immob/chill and the application of stun.

As is claiming "just bait dodges". Stun only lasts for 1 or 2 seconds on average, in that time waiting for the mirage to dodge could easily allow them to just act with any utility when stun expires, if the move we need to hit them with has a big windup. If mirages get stunned, they should have to commit to a cc removal option like everyone else, and have that slot sit on their utility bar.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> Wait...what ? What vigor with exhaustion?:D

> You mean EM? This trait need rework. I dont understand your suggestion here then XD

> No I cant see that . I'm not biased at all . You havent seen biased people then . I wont call name but his code name MisterCrabs and he is just only one, there way more of them

yes remove exhaustion from EM and the vigor on shatter. would you consider this a buff?

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > Wait...what ? What vigor with exhaustion?:D

> > You mean EM? This trait need rework. I dont understand your suggestion here then XD

> > No I cant see that . I'm not biased at all . You havent seen biased people then . I wont call name but his code name MisterCrabs and he is just only one, there way more of them

> yes remove exhaustion from EM and the vigor on shatter. would you consider this a buff?

>

Its not for you or me to decide xD

What would be in place of that deleted trait ?

Why everyone who have permavigor arent nerfed to ground like core mesmer was ? Dont remember having perma vigor to nerf it, especially on core

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > Wait...what ? What vigor with exhaustion?:D

> > > You mean EM? This trait need rework. I dont understand your suggestion here then XD

> > > No I cant see that . I'm not biased at all . You havent seen biased people then . I wont call name but his code name MisterCrabs and he is just only one, there way more of them

> > yes remove exhaustion from EM and the vigor on shatter. would you consider this a buff?

> >

> Its not for you or me to decide xD

> What would be in place of that deleted trait ?

> Why everyone who have permavigor arent nerfed to ground like core mesmer was ? Dont remember having perma vigor to nerf it, especially on core

I don't think youre understanding what im saying, and im done trying lol.