New dog whistle item on gemstore

hugo.4705

I bought the pet to use during PvP Q-time. After 15mins couldn't figure out how to pop the dog...very hacked off.

What is even more annoying is that they send you an additional e-mail which still doesn't provide instructions. Probably very obvious, so obvious that the devs didn't have the sense to inform the customer. Too much effort for them.

Still hacked off …

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"lilypop.7819" said:

> I bought the pet to use during PvP Q-time. After 15mins couldn't figure out how to pop the dog...very hacked off.

>

> What is even more annoying is that they send you an additional e-mail which still doesn't provide instructions. Probably very obvious, so obvious that the devs didn't have the sense to inform the customer. Too much effort for them.

>

> Still hacked off …

It goes into your novelty tab in the hero bar, you select the dog whistle, then use it in the button just below the mount button on your skill bar.

Thanks, but I managed it.

Problem was I didn't notice the dark diamond on a dark background just below the mount selector till I moved environment. I even switched mounts a few times and still didn't notice it!

Still think Anet should have shown some common sense, as this has taken all the joy out of the purchase. Is it soooooo difficult to provide instructions when they send you two mails once purchased. I mean why is it so difficult to think from the customer point of view - flashing RED diamond till the dog is first selected would have helped.

One drawback - apparently - is that with the dog out 'F' key doesn't work with NPC vendors. Wound guess you can't have dog and craft at the same time - not tried this however.

I thought I would love the pet and buy it instantly...but sadly there's so much that annoys me :<

* You can't name your pet

* "That's my dog, that`s my dog, that's my dog!". Urgh!

* It's a novelty?! And it's on the same novelty slot as my halo...hell no, don`t do this to me, Anet!

* It doesn't always follow you, like in battles?? Why? D: They don't need to be useful, I don't want them to fight with me. But I want them to always be with me :<

So I guess I am saving my gems for something else. It's a pity. I really thought I would like it and was so excited :<

> @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> I thought I would love the pet and buy it instantly...but sadly there's so much that annoys me :<

>

> * You can't name your pet

> * "That's my dog, that`s my dog, that's my dog!". Urgh!

> * It's a novelty?! And it's on the same novelty slot as my halo...hell no, don`t do this to me, Anet!

> * It doesn't always follow you, like in battles?? Why? D: They don't need to be useful, I don't want them to fight with me. But I want them to always be with me :<

>

> So I guess I am saving my gems for something else. It's a pity. I really thought I would like it and was so excited :<

Yeah, a mini Brindle Basenji seems like a better option to me.

I checked the voice acting on all race/gender combos for it. Alas, though usually I love Human Male, the sickly sweet "that's my doooog" from him is making me cringe and his "Who's a good pup?" isn't much better. Norn Male gets an actual happy-to-see-the-dog laughing sound that I much prefer, and Human Female is also nicely perky about it. Both Charr actors do a good job as well (male a bit better imo, though over all the races the female voices ended up beating out the male ones for sounding right). I'd also prefer the brindle to the orange striped one (I've been running around with a brindle mini and I haven't even bothered to grind out the stuff needed for the striped one).

I hope they do a beagle version at some point, since I have a character that ICly has a beagle. Fortunately she's Human Female.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"jwaz.1908" said:

> > > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > > > > What does this dog do? Pick up ur items? Attack ur enemies? What?

> > > >

> > > > Its mostly an idle *toy*. It does nothing aside from provide entertainment while you wait for whatever.

> > >

> > > The dog isn't even a puppy = completely useless. :/

> >

> > Would be really cute if the dog started as a puppy and grew over time, but that might've been too much effort.

>

> Slightly off topic, but I miss that function of the ranger pets from GW where they got stronger and bigger as they leveled.

While I never played GW1, I would love if ranger pets in GW2 leveled up! It feels like that was originally the plan but got abandoned, since ranger pets start as 'juvinilles'.

> @"Psientist.6437" said:

> Players moving through the topography of gem store pets could do real world work. Perhaps create a Tyrian analog for each real world animal in need of help, a NPC topography of animal rescue economics and a gem store topography of Tyrian animals. Link the money earned to support real world animal rescue.

>

> Why wouldn't there be dog parks in Tyria?

Any money I spend in game goes to making new content. Not some ridiculous save the real world garbage.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > Like Randulf.7614 I'm kind of hoping for a German Shepherd in the future...

>

> We already have that one for a gathering tool. I would have liked a [hunting dog](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/2/22/Dog.jpg/586px-Dog.jpg "hunting dog") - and a mature one, not a pup.

And we already have that Krytan Drakehound you linked to as a Ranger pet. So, no more or less likely to get that than anything else.

We already have Basenjis as recent minis, by which I assume they wanted to use something they already had a good model and some animations for. (Like German Shepherds!)

We also already have Labradors as pup minis and statues and backpacks, and beagle pup minis. Can't think of any other dogs already in the game (unless you count fern hound, which probably ought to be a future choice as well.)

> @"Rogue.4756" said:

> > @"Psientist.6437" said:

> > Players moving through the topography of gem store pets could do real world work. Perhaps create a Tyrian analog for each real world animal in need of help, a NPC topography of animal rescue economics and a gem store topography of Tyrian animals. Link the money earned to support real world animal rescue.

> >

> > Why wouldn't there be dog parks in Tyria?

>

> Any money I spend in game goes to making new content. Not some ridiculous save the real world garbage.

You would always have the option to buy something else. The studio has hosted similar "save the real world garbage".

In fact only special mount cost 2000, you can't compare it with packs at 1600 they contain 4 mounts, so 400 gems the mount. Cost for 1 mount is 400 gems since you have licenses. And I agree that beetle isn't with the others in a pack, but should be. I know that it will require several works to add it in packs and send to all the players that already bought the pack the beetle skin but sound great for me, would like to have my exo-holographic-beetle.

Then, another question, does all the items at the same prices on the Gemstore require the same amount of work to be created? Can't be sure about that. So the dog whistle is the same amount of work as a glider? :/ I have clearly 0 ideas about how prices are fixed.

Now, returning on the subject, I think that item is a great essay showing how much possibilities they have to create items or content. But some major points are missing:

-We should be able to name the pet

-Several pets should be available like a cat or this very cute desert fox.

-Should stay with us, even in battle, he could attack the enemy (even if he deals 0 damages)

The price is okay, since you have custom skills, a summoned pet, several evolution (teaching new tricks).

Is it indispensable? NO, but as many others items. Instruments are used by some players and so are pets. I mean, it's a support to Anet if you buy something on the gemstore. Would like to have housing, we have chairs, we have dogs, we have home cats, whar's next? One if the oldest instance of the game, home instance is still the same after 6 years.