Why do you attack me when you know your gonna die.

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do it almost all the time. For me, its more about seeing if I can at least down someone before I ultimately get beat.

If I can down someone AND get the finish (either stomp or DPS), thats a win in my book (defying odds kinda thing).

Its more of a way to challenge myself in survivability and help sharpen my abilities.

Do I know I will get rekt.....Of course. The thrill of the hunt calls to me :)

• 2 weeks later...

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> From my perspective, I find the players that avoid risking their deaths to the best of their ability more strange than ones with no regard for it. Like I understand when logically, it's not worth engaging someone(s) but, more or less I'm talking about the players that avoid it at all costs. Those ones that will absolutely _not_ 1v1 anyone unless they get the jump on them or will only ever fight within range of safety.

Best is when people see you and instantly way point out suicide.

The very first time I was in WvW was it eotm and I see my first enemy player, it's a Rev I start going for him and he just flings himself off a bridge and I am beyond confused...

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

>

> > From my perspective, I find the players that avoid risking their deaths to the best of their ability more strange than ones with no regard for it. Like I understand when logically, it's not worth engaging someone(s) but, more or less I'm talking about the players that avoid it at all costs. Those ones that will absolutely _not_ 1v1 anyone unless they get the jump on them or will only ever fight within range of safety.

>

> Best is when people see you and instantly way point out suicide.

>

> The very first time I was in WvW was it eotm and I see my first enemy player, it's a Rev I start going for him and he just flings himself off a bridge and I am beyond confused...

Because back in the day, some EOTM commanders taught their puglings that it was better to suicide than let another zerg wipe them. I won't mention any names but I can think of a few.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> >

> > > From my perspective, I find the players that avoid risking their deaths to the best of their ability more strange than ones with no regard for it. Like I understand when logically, it's not worth engaging someone(s) but, more or less I'm talking about the players that avoid it at all costs. Those ones that will absolutely _not_ 1v1 anyone unless they get the jump on them or will only ever fight within range of safety.

> >

> > Best is when people see you and instantly way point out suicide.

> >

> > The very first time I was in WvW was it eotm and I see my first enemy player, it's a Rev I start going for him and he just flings himself off a bridge and I am beyond confused...

>

> Because back in the day, some EOTM commanders taught their puglings that it was better to suicide than let another zerg wipe them. I won't mention any names but I can think of a few.

Well I was alone even so go figure...

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

>

> > From my perspective, I find the players that avoid risking their deaths to the best of their ability more strange than ones with no regard for it. Like I understand when logically, it's not worth engaging someone(s) but, more or less I'm talking about the players that avoid it at all costs. Those ones that will absolutely _not_ 1v1 anyone unless they get the jump on them or will only ever fight within range of safety.

>

> Best is when people see you and instantly way point out suicide.

>

> The very first time I was in WvW was it eotm and I see my first enemy player, it's a Rev I start going for him and he just flings himself off a bridge and I am beyond confused...

I have actually done that before! =) My thought was "I'm gonna die anyway, might as well save the time."

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> >

> > > From my perspective, I find the players that avoid risking their deaths to the best of their ability more strange than ones with no regard for it. Like I understand when logically, it's not worth engaging someone(s) but, more or less I'm talking about the players that avoid it at all costs. Those ones that will absolutely _not_ 1v1 anyone unless they get the jump on them or will only ever fight within range of safety.

> >

> > Best is when people see you and instantly way point out suicide.

> >

> > The very first time I was in WvW was it eotm and I see my first enemy player, it's a Rev I start going for him and he just flings himself off a bridge and I am beyond confused...

>

> I have actually done that before! =) My thought was "I'm gonna die anyway, might as well save the time."

But why not give it a try?

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > >

> > > > From my perspective, I find the players that avoid risking their deaths to the best of their ability more strange than ones with no regard for it. Like I understand when logically, it's not worth engaging someone(s) but, more or less I'm talking about the players that avoid it at all costs. Those ones that will absolutely _not_ 1v1 anyone unless they get the jump on them or will only ever fight within range of safety.

> > >

> > > Best is when people see you and instantly way point out suicide.

> > >

> > > The very first time I was in WvW was it eotm and I see my first enemy player, it's a Rev I start going for him and he just flings himself off a bridge and I am beyond confused...

> >

> > I have actually done that before! =) My thought was "I'm gonna die anyway, might as well save the time."

>

> But why not give it a try?

I don't EOTM anymore so usually I'm more apt to die fighting. I'm not good about engaging people I see in BL though. I still have the open world PVE mindset of letting people do their own thing, so a lot of times I catch an opening burst from behind and start off at a disadvantage.