Future Beetle Racing Tracks: A Suggestion Thread for Tracks?

XYLO.7031

Hi Guild Wars 2 Community,

I don't know about you, but I am really enjoying the Beetle Racing Event. I honestly don't care if I win a prize or not; I just love the racing.

I enjoy it so much that I was wondering if there would be future racing tracks built into the game.

Additionally, I was wondering if we could have a track suggestion thread here on the forums.

I've seen "We are Tyria Drift" [DRFT] guild videos, and I think they have some nice tracks that could be used in the game.

My suggestion: Bloodtide Coast.

[bloodtide Coast Track Overview](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnqcwkDAbSM&t= "Bloodtide Coast Track Overview")

Thanks Anet and Thanks to all the Beetle Racers out there!

Here is mine! For metrica Province! The orientation is heading to left from Starting line. So In order on the track: Thaumanova, Greytern, Michoan, Veloxian ..... etc "Asuran Journey"

![](https://i.imgur.com/ydW92eX.jpg)

Here is another one for sandswept Isles, I called him "Complex Madness" in case of releasing some for ls maps.

![](https://i.imgur.com/tASe0dQ.jpg)

![](https://imgur.com/zDslwIy.jpg "")

I love your contribution here! I can't wait to try them out. Here is my map of Bloodtide Coast from the video I posted. I'm into complexity in racetracks. We have the ability to drift so I think hairpin turns should be a part of future tracks for sure. [https://imgur.com/zDslwIy](https://imgur.com/zDslwIy "https://imgur.com/zDslwIy")

I like the ideas, but I'm fully against hairpin/sudden u-turns. I don't think the beetle or the drift works well enough (without a controller at least) for it to become a feature beyond improving lap times.

I do however like that these are map wide and utilise a significant portion of the map. i think that is key to a good race track. This is why I enjoy Brisban despite the over zealous medal times and why I hate Snowden

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> Not submitting a map, but I think we need a Mistlock track, possibly in its own instance. It would have low gravity, vertical loops, places where you could save time by jumping over a valley (thanks to custom gravity) and maybe even parts where the gravity reversed and you raced upside-down briefly.

I was thinking of something like that, but in the sky around the Wizard's Tower. But something big enough to make a GOOD track would be huge. Still, we need our "Rainbow Road".

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > Not submitting a map, but I think we need a Mistlock track, possibly in its own instance. It would have low gravity, vertical loops, places where you could save time by jumping over a valley (thanks to custom gravity) and maybe even parts where the gravity reversed and you raced upside-down briefly.

>

> I was thinking of something like that, but in the sky around the Wizard's Tower. But something big enough to make a GOOD track would be huge. Still, we need our "Rainbow Road".

I completely agree with Mistlock Sanctuary Track. I just love fooling around there WITHOUT a mount. I wonder what they could do if we DID have the ability to mount in that low gravity area.

And I do agree with the Rainbow Road. I loved Mario Kart.

I would love to see HoT get in on this love, but I’m not sure where. TD could maybe have one through the confluence cavern, or auric basin around tarir? I also thought about a possible path over ember bay but maybe there isn’t one without water. Lake Doric and bitter frost may also be worth investigating

Finally, I can't design a track for ember bay, due to the very huge anti-mount area around the chalice of tears, so the left part of the island can't be used, same for the volcano at the east, the rocky path isn't made for racing, only for pedestrians. Tangled depth? I dunno have to check that out.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> For Bitterfrost Frontier, two potential tracks, the yellow one require the ice wall at the end of the cavern to be broken during the race event. For red can be done without modifying anything.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/eeD7cHB.jpg)

>

That one is good. I would have used the berry farm area myself. Lots of galleries at all times.

Hugo, is it possible to use the spiral for something on the bottom right corner in bitterfrost?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I like the ideas, but I'm fully against hairpin/sudden u-turns. I don't think the beetle or the drift works well enough (without a controller at least) for it to become a feature beyond improving lap times.

>

> I do however like that these are map wide and utilise a significant portion of the map. i think that is key to a good race track. This is why I enjoy Brisban despite the over zealous medal times and why I hate Snowden

No hairpins? :astonished:

Well, if you don't like hairpins, we need a Divinity's Reach 500.

I'm not going to draw the track (lel circle track) but there are 2 circles: commoner level and noble level.

The second floor (noble level) has a slightly harder section built in.

> @"XYLO.7031" said:

> That one is good. I would have used the berry farm area myself. Lots of galleries at all times.

>

> Hugo, is it possible to use the spiral for something on the bottom right corner in bitterfrost?

You could simply follow the spiral by drifting for a complete turn or two and then go north as on the track.

Yeah if caverns not usable, we can use berries farm and grawl caverns.

![](https://i.imgur.com/HrlSCNR.jpg)

> @"XYLO.7031" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > I like the ideas, but I'm fully against hairpin/sudden u-turns. I don't think the beetle or the drift works well enough (without a controller at least) for it to become a feature beyond improving lap times.

> >

> > I do however like that these are map wide and utilise a significant portion of the map. i think that is key to a good race track. This is why I enjoy Brisban despite the over zealous medal times and why I hate Snowden

>

> No hairpins? :astonished:

> Well, if you don't like hairpins, we need a Divinity's Reach 500.

> I'm not going to draw the track (lel circle track) but there are 2 circles: commoner level and noble level.

> The second floor (noble level) has a slightly harder section built in.

Sounds good!

Ultimately, we want a World race and then we can finally have a Tyria Cannonball Run!

Of course, we will need capes so I can combine the racing goggles and helmet an become...Captain Chaos!

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Sounds good!

>

> Ultimately, we want a World race and then we can finally have a Tyria Cannonball Run!

>

> Of course, we will need capes so I can combine the racing goggles and helmet an become...Captain Chaos!

It makes me think about volcanic canalization in living season 3, we should have the same thing for roller beetle like a geyser.

Season 3 was HoT, 4 is PoF, why not for 5, mixing every mechanics met in path of fire and heart of thorn?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I like the ideas, but I'm fully against hairpin/sudden u-turns. I don't think the beetle or the drift works well enough (without a controller at least) for it to become a feature beyond improving lap times.

>

> I do however like that these are map wide and utilise a significant portion of the map. i think that is key to a good race track. This is why I enjoy Brisban despite the over zealous medal times and why I hate Snowden

Those turns require practice and prior knowledge.. or simply.. learning the course.

I don't have much trouble with them myself after a while as I learn by instinct how to pull of those super sharp drift turns, then add other factors such as endurance management or saving a boost to rapidly recover speed out of one.

It really is mostly down to knowing the course and how to drift.

Sure there are some technical issues at times like bad terrain that can mess you up but most of them can be overcome with familiarity with the track.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> I would love to see HoT get in on this love, but I’m not sure where. TD could maybe have one through the confluence cavern, or auric basin around tarir? I also thought about a possible path over ember bay but maybe there isn’t one without water. Lake Doric and bitter frost may also be worth investigating

Verdant would be an amazing place for one.. specially if some new vines were added or modified specifically for the race track and physics could be played with on extreme levels.

I love the idea of jumping onto the tip of a vine and then boosting up it into a loop before blasting downwards on an almost vertical track into a huge jump that launches us back up to the top of a cliff or something :D

That would just be sweet as hell :D

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"XYLO.7031" said:

> > That one is good. I would have used the berry farm area myself. Lots of galleries at all times.

> >

> > Hugo, is it possible to use the spiral for something on the bottom right corner in bitterfrost?

>

> You could simply follow the spiral by drifting for a complete turn or two and then go north as on the track.

> Yeah if caverns not usable, we can use berries farm and grawl caverns.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/HrlSCNR.jpg)

>

>

>

That is tokyo drift elite. I'm wowed. You may see me or a guildie just spiraling around there.