The GW2 Audio Team is awesome!

Swagger.1459

I just wanted to say exactly the same. Well done to Arenanet Sound team - you guys work so hard and do it so well. I particularly want to fangeek Maclaine! That last song you produced - the edgy, moody version of Fear not this night is grammy material! Really! You are an awesome and creative person. Grats to all of you!!!!

> @"Joseph Clark II.3425" said:

> Thank you! :3

>

> Our awesome fans really motivate us to push the envelope, (audio puns??) ;)

And there is one of many other things that confirmes it:

And this particular moment is my favorite: at 0:22 Woohooo :D

This is the best team at Arenanet's :)

> @"Joseph Clark II.3425" said:

> Thank you! :3

>

> Our awesome fans really motivate us to push the envelope, (audio puns??) ;)

No, ty dev peeps for making the game that much more immersive, and enjoyable, for us!

_Sounds_ like Anet really picked the right people to set the _tone_ for the entire game!

• ArenaNet Staff

I have to say on a personal note that I think our Audio Team is the best in the business. AND... they are great people, too! I've relayed player questions or input over the years, and I've always been met with a friendly welcome when doing so. I'm sure a lot of players recognize that the Audio Team has been very receptive to input from players and has made changes and additions based on what you folks share with them.

Hey, a team member even helped me figure out why my Dreamer lost its distinctive sound and my arrows all sounded like they were plunking into a water barrel. (Turns out it was the sound settings on my comp. But how's that for awesome, having amazing sound engineers help you with something like that?)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I have to say on a personal note that I think our Audio Team is the best in the business. AND... they are great people, too! I've relayed player questions or input over the years, and I've always been met with a friendly welcome when doing so. I'm sure a lot of players recognize that the Audio Team has been very receptive to input from players and has made changes and additions based on what you folks share with them.

>

> Hey, a team member even helped me figure out why my Dreamer lost its distinctive sound and my arrows all sounded like they were plunking into a water barrel. (Turns out it was the sound settings on my comp. But how's that for awesome, having amazing sound engineers help you with something like that?)

Valdrimari here from gw2mb.

The Audio Team in charge of the in-game instruments really needs to fix the instruments since nothing is playing right (possibly as a result of a recent change), be it a piece of music is played manually or a piece of music is played through the use of music scripts. The instruments played fine roughly a week ago.

O, and can each note on the instruments have their own cooldown **vs.** sharing a global cooldown? That would be nice for your Audio Team to work on as well. Currently, the only way to bypass instrument cooldown issues is to be accompanied by several Mesmers using the skill Alacrity, yet that is a pain to have arranged, and not only that, I do not believe that no-game-advantage bug should be fixed (in the event global cooldown on instrument notes is not addressed).

Thank you.

The work of the sound team on GW2 has always impressed me. Sound often times takes a backseat to graphics but I think it is just as vital to the game experience as the visuals. I wish we had access to some of the sound files. There are some creepy sound from the game that I 'd love to setup a sound player triggered by motion outside my house at night to drive away the odd person who might venture on the property.

The only game franchise that has better sound design than Guild Wars 2 is Star Wars, and that's cheating because most of the time all they had to do was recycle the movie sounds, which were excellent to begin with.

What I'm trying to say is, I can't fathom how people play this game without sound. Even muting the music seems sacrilegious.