Sword till I die. Over and over probably

LaFurion.3167

Been a week or 2 since I crafted bolt for my charr warrior and it is amazing.

I know that sword is totally outdated and useless. The f1 skill is sooooooo clunky and lack luster and frankly a waste of time, even the immobilize isn't even long enough to root for the duration of the whole skill. And sometimes even in open world I MISS the skill. Not to mention the absolute lack luster damage it does.

But my love of sword on warrior will keep me using it, till I die. Which is probably over and over to almost every player, npc, and even critter out there, until it gets buffed.

Plz let us move while casting it! And maybe slight damage buff or faster swings, equivalent to mesmerizing sword 2 skill.

Sword dagger or sword shield to the deaaaaath!

Yeah, I haven't crafted a legendary sword or shield yet and I cant get over the sword and shield look. I just use it as a repositioning/chase tool.

I'm almost done with map on my human warrior, that'll allow me to make flameseeker. I already have stuff for shining blade but I want to make both at the same time.

I also rock celerity on my sw/sh set for that quickness. Land a shield bash or bulls charge and wep swap to GS.

I would like a nice rework of sword but I'm afraid they'll fix its identity crisis and make it condi only, which I'm not a fan of haha.

Sword MH is an amazing utility bar for your average GS warrior. You get a root (don't channel it), a leap that is always available when you swap to it, and an execute skill.

Sword OH is garbage, Impale is the worst torment skill in the game, Rip takes too much effort, and Riposte is an auto counter instead of being a flip over counter like Bandits Defense.

sword is meta for berserker in pve and for spellbreaker in pvp currently.

You don't use the standard sword F1 with berserker.

Spellbreaker pvp you use the sword F1 often to get an easy immob and proc magebane tether. The immob/teather is cast at the very first hit of the F1 which means often the best play is to cancel the ability with stow weapon right after procing it.

The "swing sword repeatedly" animation is only nice when it evades attacks or allows you to move. When it locks you in place you are too much of a sitting duck.

I'd rather have Final Thrust improved and turned into the Burst, switching places with Flurry. Then reduce the damage of Flurry, but make it reflect projectiles while the sword swings.