Bond of Vigor

So the new mastery bond of vigor is amazing! But there is one glaring flaw that needs to be fixed. The unfortunate part is most players may not be affected by this at all so they may not care, or not see a reason to fix it at all. However the question and the problem is: Should you be able to use bond of vigor when your bar is full?

Just wondering - are there already any skills that you can NOT cast when you don't need to? If so, the mechanics could possibly be reused on bond of vigor and it should be relatively easy. If not, I don't see any chance for them to make the effort to code this in order to cater for people who accidentally use the skill while not needed.

I mean, you can also use your heal skill when your hp is full, or use ground targetted damage spells at areas where no enemy is....

I think the problem with wanting a skill to not be usable unless you need it is it kinda removes a layer of interactivity from the game in my opinion. It's like if you were only allowed to trigger your heal skill if you absolutely needed to. I know that something like that would heavily affect the Berserker's rotation as it uses the heal skill to regain the berserker bar. I've also never had the problem of triggering the skill on accident, and I feel that that's just a simple case of player error.

I agree for things like a heal skill as there's pretty much no heal skill that only heals, but this skill only does one thing. That means there's no reason for it to go off when it can't fill the bar. However there would be nothing wrong with giving the option as a toggle if it gets added. So I think it can be introduced into the game as off without affecting anyone, and then more options are being added without forcing other people to use it.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> Don't want this to sound like a get gud but, don't use the skill if you don't want it to trigger.

>

>

> @"Chadom.9216" said:

> I think the problem with wanting a skill to not be usable unless you need it is it kinda removes a layer of interactivity from the game in my opinion. It's like if you were only allowed to trigger your heal skill if you absolutely needed to. I know that something like that would heavily affect the Berserker's rotation as it uses the heal skill to regain the berserker bar. I've also never had the problem of triggering the skill on accident, and I feel that that's just a simple case of player error.

Agree with both of these.

If you dont want the skill to be active, simply dont activate it, you dont have a bunch of skills for mounts to use, so if you are triggering this....

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > Don't want this to sound like a get gud but, don't use the skill if you don't want it to trigger.

> >

> >

>

> > @"Chadom.9216" said:

> > I think the problem with wanting a skill to not be usable unless you need it is it kinda removes a layer of interactivity from the game in my opinion. It's like if you were only allowed to trigger your heal skill if you absolutely needed to. I know that something like that would heavily affect the Berserker's rotation as it uses the heal skill to regain the berserker bar. I've also never had the problem of triggering the skill on accident, and I feel that that's just a simple case of player error.

>

> Agree with both of these.

>

> If you dont want the skill to be active, simply dont activate it, you dont have a bunch of skills for mounts to use, so if you are triggering this....

This kinda sums it up perfectly. Gw2 is meant to be about timing for any skill/action