Reflect or block projectiles, to few abilities?

Phoenix the One.4071

I was thinking could Necromancer benefit from 1-2 more block/reflect projectile.

I feel like they have little defence againt projectile (other than LoS and tanking them).

We got one in reaper shroud and Corrosive poison cloud.

I was thinking spectral wall.

Maybe (this is a leap) remove fear, and make some interesting mechanics like:

Spectral wall destroys projectiles and “curse” the owner, granting 1,5 sec poison(or something else) on the attacker for each projectile.

It would make it so we do not one-shot unload thieves, and still keep a little flavour.

Duration could be 10 sec and with a 20-25 sec CD.

This was just an idea, there could be more, maybe a minion, maybe a trait.. or weapon skill.

Or maybe it isn’t needed at all.

What are you opinions on this?

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> Don't worry, since WvW have a rampant range meta the next e-spec will feature necro with shared projectile hate.

>

> PS.: If somehow it happen, I apologize right now for this terrible idea.

What is shared projectile hate? Its called CPC or Guardian Walls and is present.

> @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > Don't worry, since WvW have a rampant range meta the next e-spec will feature necro with shared projectile hate.

> >

> > PS.: If somehow it happen, I apologize right now for this terrible idea.

>

> What is shared projectile hate? Its called CPC or Guardian Walls and is present.

You didn't read me. I suggested the terrible idea of an e-spec specialized in projectile hate as support.

CPC in its mechanic is great for projectile hate. The cooldown is fair. It has a long duration. It can protect multiple allies and it can be placed at range between the player and its target to close the gap without being harmed. The problem is the 6s self weakening which is a huge drawback for power necros. The skill basically fills two slots: One for the CPC itself and one for the weakness cleansing skill.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> CPC in its mechanic is great for projectile hate. The cooldown is fair. It has a long duration. It can protect multiple allies and it can be placed at range between the player and its target to close the gap without being harmed. The problem is the 6s self weakening which is a huge drawback for power necros. The skill basically fills two slots: One for the CPC itself and one for the weakness cleansing skill.

They should have changed it to self poison. That way it retains a nice drawback via the reduced healing but no longer discriminates against power necros as much.

I deff agree necro would benefit from more invul or block options considering its lack of mobility compared to what other professions have now ontop of them also haveing tons of blocks as well as invul options. Seems like without a team or suport any necro is a sitting duck to skilled players. The hard slow hard hitting old school movie monster troupe doesn’t work if u leave out the main reason it’s feared, the supernatural mobility that makes Jason etc always find u even if u drove 300 miles away and hid in some random house in some random closet he’d be in it waiting or be in the room secs after u to gut u lol he deff didn’t can it there.they basically made necro a walking dead zombie hahs

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > Here's one way to use CPC in WvW

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmODbkkGapxiaw5G4vxRvQRnixoKm7QHsEwxsACAA-w

>

> Are you sure? Why power? Why SoS when you take no signet? Why _well of darkness_ and not _Well of corruption_ instead?

Made a mistake and forgot to change the heal skill to SoV.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmODbkkGapxiaw5G4vxRvQRnixoKm7QHsEwxsACAA-w

Shroud needs to be toned down as a defensive option for this to happen. As it is right now, shroud is our biggest hindrance when it comes to balance design. We're hamstrung because of shroud.

I'd say remove the 50% damage reduction in shroud and allow us to receive healing from allies while also having our utility skills available. As for giving us a means of fighting damage outside of just shroud having spectral skills become empowered in shroud but offer no life force as a consequence for using them in shroud. So for example Spectral armor could grant us invulnerability in shroud, Spectral walk could become a ground teleport, Spectral wall could destroy projectiles, spectral grasp could cause damage and lich form.. I'm not sure about that one. Honestly it really doesn't seem all that much like a spectral skill since its so weird. Now, would this be balanced? Uh. Not sure. I'm sure we could figure something out. I'd just like more active options to our defenses as opposed to just shroud as a meat shield we've had.

I agree with the dropping the shroud damage reduction a bit if people would stop thinking of it as some magic heartier or extra health bar.shroud dissipates at a fast rate as well as when damage is taken,no excuse for its low mobility.with today’s builds and high damage/sustain as most classes being able to use blocks and invulnerability skills to almost take zero damage by end of the necro/ shroud burst which leaves life force almost depleted it deff is not much of a sustain boost anymore

Skilled players kite all specs of necro easily and the melee specs in this game shrug of the burst of reaper with blocks and invulnerability,necro doesn’t have these and shroud is laughable if used for sustain,no way to bait out the openers blocks and high burst due to being so immobile so u just hit high damage and hope their not experienced with their class and don’t use their Defenses to shut u down

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> Shroud needs to be toned down as a defensive option for this to happen. As it is right now, shroud is our biggest hindrance when it comes to balance design. We're hamstrung because of shroud.

>

> I'd say remove the 50% damage reduction in shroud and allow us to receive healing from allies while also having our utility skills available. As for giving us a means of fighting damage outside of just shroud having spectral skills become empowered in shroud but offer no life force as a consequence for using them in shroud. So for example Spectral armor could grant us invulnerability in shroud, Spectral walk could become a ground teleport, Spectral wall could destroy projectiles, spectral grasp could cause damage and lich form.. I'm not sure about that one. Honestly it really doesn't seem all that much like a spectral skill since its so weird. Now, would this be balanced? Uh. Not sure. I'm sure we could figure something out. I'd just like more active options to our defenses as opposed to just shroud as a meat shield we've had.

To be honest, this would be really bad.

Shroud is what carries necro and why the SoS and degen nerfs hit reaper so hard. Most setups aren't going to want to run spectral wall anyways since firebrand can just do a better job at deflection as it stands, and that utility could be put on something that just kills enemies.

A large part of the problem is that these ranged builds just have too much mobility and raw sustain and far too much instant 100-0 potential for the 1500+ slot. DE and boon ranger are very difficult to simply lock down and kill even when you do manage to close the gap, for very different reasons.

Unfortunately this dominos into needing other nerfs, too, though. There's too much mobility even on a bunch of the other melee options which if left intact with nerfs to ranged builds would defeat the purpose of playing a ranged build.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > Shroud needs to be toned down as a defensive option for this to happen. As it is right now, shroud is our biggest hindrance when it comes to balance design. We're hamstrung because of shroud.

> >

> > I'd say remove the 50% damage reduction in shroud and allow us to receive healing from allies while also having our utility skills available. As for giving us a means of fighting damage outside of just shroud having spectral skills become empowered in shroud but offer no life force as a consequence for using them in shroud. So for example Spectral armor could grant us invulnerability in shroud, Spectral walk could become a ground teleport, Spectral wall could destroy projectiles, spectral grasp could cause damage and lich form.. I'm not sure about that one. Honestly it really doesn't seem all that much like a spectral skill since its so weird. Now, would this be balanced? Uh. Not sure. I'm sure we could figure something out. I'd just like more active options to our defenses as opposed to just shroud as a meat shield we've had.

>

> To be honest, this would be really bad.

>

> Shroud is what carries necro and why the SoS and degen nerfs hit reaper so hard. Most setups aren't going to want to run spectral wall anyways since firebrand can just do a better job at deflection as it stands, and that utility could be put on something that just kills enemies.

>

> A large part of the problem is that these ranged builds just have too much mobility and raw sustain and far too much instant 100-0 potential for the 1500+ slot. DE and boon ranger are very difficult to simply lock down and kill even when you do manage to close the gap, for very different reasons.

>

> Unfortunately this dominos into needing other nerfs, too, though. There's too much mobility even on a bunch of the other melee options which if left intact with nerfs to ranged builds would defeat the purpose of playing a ranged build.

Utility and healing in shroud more than make up for it. Take scourge for example. They don't ever block their own healing, have barrier and field control. Giving necro the option to use more skills and having an active invuln makes them far far better at combating foes than the 50% damage reduction. Trust me on this, I've played all the other classes and Mesmer is easily the most defensively potent.