How far can i play without expansions?

> @"dandamanno.4136" said:

> Hmm, don't know how I would have had some unlocked seeing as how I have been gone since before HoT was released. Perhaps I logged in a few times during that 4 year absence and it happened to coincide with when the Living Story was released. Thanks for the info.

Considering the release window was 2-3 months for each then you probabely hit some of em.

Welcome back to the game mate

> @"ClaritySence.3716" said:

> Wow, thanks to all for your answers. You did provide very usefull information to me which helped a lot! I was so amazed by the game that im going to buy both expansions today. Going to boost one character to lvl 80, get myself a raptor and then start with revenant from scratch. I think i will somewhat follow steps that Etterwyn provided, those seems reasonable to me.

> So again, thanks to all of you and i wish you all happy winter holidays! :)

>

>

My suggestion is to play through the vanilla area and story missions without boosting a character to lvl 80. There is lot in this game that is missed by not playing slowly. World completion is another fun activity done the first time with a friend and without mounts. Don't get me wrong...I love mounts...they are awesome...it's just that the vanilla game was designed without them and is really great.