Salty Beavers' Top Guilds of 2018!

Ni In.6578

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > >

> > > > To say they alone have carried Mag and its link to T2 is disingenuous at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.

> > >

> > > Agreed

> > > By the criteria given CTH should not only be on the list, but placed significantly higher than VR.

> >

> > I am sorry but if you think CTH influences on mag is anywhere close as strong as ours is you are just kitten LOL. But then again you were in HUNT all u do ever is to sit around SMC doing nothing all day long leeching kills of a blob so what could you know. I mean CTH will do good vs non defended non upgraded stuff which is good and necessary and valuable for a server to have havok like that, but we will engage any blob in the game and win or give hell of a fight at least and take t3 kitten heavily defended stuff like not many guilds would bother doing so, not to mention our playtime is a lot higher than any other guild around puts on a dead game like GW2, so if you think CTH can carry a server the way we do, you are just dumb LOL.

>

> I'm sorry but if you think VR rolling around in the afternoon pugstomping has a huge impact on placement you are just kitten LOL. But then again you're always down in the wood leagues where it's ok to skip the politics game, pretending you're too cool to you know... actually be on a successful server fighting other successful groups. CTH will paper the whole match FOR HOURS and completely recast the matchup every morning, oh you flipped a keep? Well, they won't have that reupgraded an hour after you log off! I mean, you don't even seem to be aware of what the other time zones are like or why you'll always be relegated to the also-played servers. But if you think VR can carry a server, you were dumb to move back from sor cuz that one definitely needed carrying lol.

Sorry letto but you do not understand my dude. We literally carried mag from t3 to t1 before all you bandwagoners came leech 2 years ago made everyone quit, every guild just went to eotm then we could not ever go back to ebg since all the bandwagoners like you and molasses ruined our server. We decided to quit and the server died. Is that how you measure success my dude?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically it was other guilds that carried the push from tier 7 to tier 1, the server got bandwagonned when we hit tier 3 and the xushin paid for the coverage to maintain. An overpowered late Eu to na prime can only take you so far before it gets too boring and people move off.

I am sorry but Duke me and Nacho pulled 24 36 48 raids woke up during OCX and SEA to kill the SOS DB blobs on a server that did not have any native OCX and SEA population for years, that is the real carry, commanded EU for years on a server that only had NA and we were always successful, those guilds only transfer to mag because we put them there not because xushin bought them, do you think any of those bandwagoners would have come to mag if VR would not have pulled the server out out T6 or whatever it was???? Who pulled off the allnighters to accomplish that T3-T2 push? vs SoS with VR 5 guys in comms vs a 40 man blob every night? I did my dude that is how we got out T6, it was not because of xushin bought them (which he did, yet irrelevant), it was because the server somehow was in a good position/tier/score so it was attractive to guilds to move there and i can tell you how, me hunk and others pugmanded the living shit out of that server all the way up there when we were in T6 there was only one guild on mag it was VR, we pulled it out the mud and we did it alone for the most part till we got to around T4 when CTH transferred back with CCCP, PA and others, and then we kept pushing baby, all the way to the top whoever says the otherwise just dont know what the fuck he talking about.

So this letto HUNT bandwagoner calling us out it is just insulting to me when i can bring every OG mag player (not like you and chani TC trash bandwagoners) to tell you how things really are and who put in the time to carry the server when it was actually needed (not when HUNT went there to leech).

This thread's gonna get closed cause yall bickering so much. Who cares if people think your guild is good or bad. If you know what you do/did, that's all that matters. As a solo player I don't expect validation with a list of top most influential scouts or roamers for god sake. Be grateful you get any recognition at all. And if it so pleases you, corpse-jump the hell out of who ever talks crap about your guild.

You seem to be forgetting others contributions in the same period. You had cccp and krta, while they were not great fighters, they locked down maps if they weren't in ebg. For as much grief they were given they helped the server maintain position regardless of their piss poor kdr. When they left though, mag was so stacked that it actually pushed our score higher since we still had people where needed. We also had the PA folks + friends who helped keep EU organized. Plus the ever server hopping jarvan had a couple stints.

Point is, it never was just VR. They helped a ton maintain mag in t2 way before the implosion (duke era), but they were also never alone back then too. There were dozens of people from different guilds pushing to put mag where it wanted to be outside their normal play hours.

No one is arguing that VR isn't good, they are unfortunately one of the few remaining skill groups who managed to keep disciplined in this age of attrition. But what they are arguing is that VR now doesn't do anything besides look to farm or look to fight. Nothing wrong with that, but it does mean they are less of an impact than you think.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> This thread's gonna get closed cause yall bickering so much. Who cares if people think your guild is good or bad. If you know what you do/did, that's all that matters. As a solo player I don't expect validation with a list of top most influential scouts or roamers for god sake. Be grateful you get any recognition at all. And if it so pleases you, corpse-jump the hell out of who ever talks kitten about your guild.

Would love a list of the most epic scouts: "halp they are on lord!!!"

> @"neven.3785" said:

> You seem to be forgetting others contributions in the same period. You had cccp and krta, while they were not great fighters, they locked down maps if they weren't in ebg. For as much grief they were given they helped the server maintain position regardless of their kitten poor kdr. When they left though, mag was so stacked that it actually pushed our score higher since we still had people where needed. We also had the PA folks + friends who helped keep EU organized. Plus the ever server hopping jarvan had a couple stints.

>

> Point is, it never was just VR. They helped a ton maintain mag in t2 way before the implosion (duke era), but they were also never alone back then too. There were dozens of people from different guilds pushing to put mag where it wanted to be outside their normal play hours.

>

> No one is arguing that VR isn't good, they are unfortunately one of the few remaining skill groups who managed to keep disciplined in this age of attrition. But what they are arguing is that VR now doesn't do anything besides look to farm or look to fight. Nothing wrong with that, but it does mean they are less of an impact than you think.

>

I am sorry Neven but i disagree, i was on the guild leader meeting where shadowscreed and sulla bach when they were on DB or god knows where said they would only come to mag if we pushed to T4 and guess who did that?

I am sorry Neven but i disagree, i was on the guild leader meeting where shadowscreed and sulla back when they were on DB or god knows where said they would only come to mag if we pushed to T4 and guess who did that? locking down a map during NA time? please talk to me about staying up all night and fighting SoS 5 v 40 or waking up at 6am to fight NNK and TFV 10 v 80, that is real carry, locking down a map during NA sure helps but many could have done that tbh, not saying it did not help just saying it was not really what got mag there sure everything helped but if we talk about straight carry it was xushin and VR who pulled mag out the mud after everyone left, and by mud i actually mean t7 or whatever right, it was xushin and me who commanded like 60+hours a week each to get us out there so guilds would actually consider moving to the server, make no mistakes here

Real talk though we have been ppting hardcore to get CD to t2 and keep it there so we can actually get some fun fights during na. Vr could afford to chill when mag had coverage but CD has almost nothing so we are covering three timezones like 5 days a week sometimes more. Frankly it's unsustainable but at least we got a salty beaver award out of it.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> I am sorry Neven but i disagree, i was on the guild leader meeting where shadowscreed and sulla back when they were on DB or god knows where said they would only come to mag if we pushed to T4 and guess who did that? locking down a map during NA time? please talk to me about staying up all night and fighting SoS 5 v 40 or waking up at 6am to fight NNK and TFV 10 v 80, that is real carry, locking down a map during NA sure helps but many could have done that tbh, not saying it did not help just saying it was not really what got mag there sure everything helped but if we talk about straight carry it was xushin and VR who pulled mag out the mud after everyone left, and by mud i actually mean t7 or whatever right, it was xushin and me who commanded like 60+hours a week each to get us out there so guilds would actually consider moving to the server, make no mistakes here

>

I wasn't at that meeting; Sulla and the others went to it; I was at work. Regardless of what they were doing CTH took a break and checked out other servers; just like 99% of other guilds have done including your self.

I don't know how this thread went from a who Salty Beaver thinks is best to VR feeling like they under appreciated and upset that no one is giving them a pat on the back for playing more than anyone else or running more or w.e. this is turned into.

Don't really care about what happened 1 year to 5 years ago. That be like me sitting here talking about how we used to Ninja stuff with 5 people and pull off stuff non stop it was in the past its over. Or how we got TG and ARK into SBI's EBG keep and it took em 45 minutes to push em out its in the past its history.

If you are feeling that upset about how people are treating you or if you feel like people are appreciating you then idk leave the game? Go to Eu? Go to another NA? Just block em?

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> For reals, let's go down the list and talk about the #2 guild. Tempest Wolves [TW]. Long standing, multiple commanders, and a colorful history of rousing speeches. Every where they go, they push X server to new heights.

They're a strange case because they're not really a guild group anymore. Like in the two or three weeks fighting their server I don't think I saw them actually run closed once but their leaders have been very smart about picking other guilds to stack their alliance so they are on one of the only servers left with proper coverage. So more a political guild than any of the others on the list.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > For reals, let's go down the list and talk about the #2 guild. Tempest Wolves [TW]. Long standing, multiple commanders, and a colorful history of rousing speeches. Every where they go, they push X server to new heights.

>

> They're a strange case because they're not really a guild group anymore. Like in the two or three weeks fighting their server I don't think I saw them actually run closed once but their leaders have been very smart about picking other guilds to stack their alliance so they are on one of the only servers left with proper coverage. So more a political guild than any of the others on the list.

Open or closed squads wasn't as big a factor. but rather a force multiplier in WvW. Do they change the dynamics of a matchup on X server with or without them. There were many guilds that were for a flash in a heads up format, "better" in a sense. but many of them faltered when they were left as one of the few guilds left on a server. The ability of a guild to bring say 5-10 of his guys to another time zone to successfully bulk up a rag tag crew of pugs was more impressive than a crew of untagged 20 that requires a handful of other guilds around their raid times for them to be successful.