Revenant changes 11th December

LucianDK.8615

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > > > > Facet of Nature—Centaur: This skill's base healing per pulse has been increased from 272 to 471 at level 80, and its healing-power contribution has been increased by 363%.

> > > > > > Legendary Centaur Stance: True Nature now heals for each condition that is removed, up to a maximum of 970 health per condition at level 80.

> > > > > > This is a WoW for healing rev.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because they nerfed Medi Scrappers heal output, this could actually make Heal Rev better in WvW.

> > > > >

> > > > > Couldn’t test the numbers yet.

> > > >

> > > > I love this change so much. I think my highest tick was ~3k tonight on full Minstrel's with full healing infusions and 25 stacks of Life, and that was even without Bountiful Maintenance Oil. That is of course requires a lot of variables, but it feels so good with Draconic Echo. Swapping from Glint to Ventari I can hypothetically have 2k/s per target for 10 targets in a 600 radius for a period of time from just regen and FoN. The True Nature: Centaur change is also fantastic. I do wish they polished some core Ventari things, but it was definitely a good patch for healer Herald. My main quip is that with the facet being 100% worth it, it further pushes out Elevated Compassion's appeal, which to me just can't compete with Draconic Echo. I'm probably playing the wrong content for EC though.

> > >

> > > 3k with minstrel sounds good.

> > >

> > > I currently run full cleric, cant wait to test it!

> > >

> > > Maybe we can break the 3,5k barrier.

> > >

> >

> > Tested myself , it's absolutely OP now. Other popular healer such as Scrapper will never even think about those numbers. Only weakness is stability/stun break, but as long as your squad can arrange you a FB body guard (definitely worth it), you will be fine and carry the whole group's HP bar.

> > I am expecting it will get huge nerf bat next patch.

>

> I am really hoping it doesn't get nerfed, but maybe I'm just being selfish. Aren't the numbers pretty close to traited Soothing Mist? I feel like it helps validate my spot in a squad and makes up for the lack of stab (running Glint as secondary legend). I personally found the previous version pretty lackluster. This is the first change in a while that I've been super super stoked about.

I have tried 3 combinations (Cent/dragon, Cent/dwarf and Cent/Demon), and I found that either Cent/dwarf (with cleric gear) or Cent/demon (with apoth gear) are more useful and better self sustain than Cent/dragon. It mainly depends on what your squad need, if squad focus on melee then go cent/dwarf, if squad don't have scrapper for condi cleanse then go cent/demon. You probably can try both combo I am confident you will feel better than dragon. (you still trait for herald basically for 10 ppl buff but don't need to use dragon)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > > > > > > Facet of Nature—Centaur: This skill's base healing per pulse has been increased from 272 to 471 at level 80, and its healing-power contribution has been increased by 363%.

> > > > > > > Legendary Centaur Stance: True Nature now heals for each condition that is removed, up to a maximum of 970 health per condition at level 80.

> > > > > > > This is a WoW for healing rev.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because they nerfed Medi Scrappers heal output, this could actually make Heal Rev better in WvW.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Couldn’t test the numbers yet.

> > > > >

> > > > > I love this change so much. I think my highest tick was ~3k tonight on full Minstrel's with full healing infusions and 25 stacks of Life, and that was even without Bountiful Maintenance Oil. That is of course requires a lot of variables, but it feels so good with Draconic Echo. Swapping from Glint to Ventari I can hypothetically have 2k/s per target for 10 targets in a 600 radius for a period of time from just regen and FoN. The True Nature: Centaur change is also fantastic. I do wish they polished some core Ventari things, but it was definitely a good patch for healer Herald. My main quip is that with the facet being 100% worth it, it further pushes out Elevated Compassion's appeal, which to me just can't compete with Draconic Echo. I'm probably playing the wrong content for EC though.

> > > >

> > > > 3k with minstrel sounds good.

> > > >

> > > > I currently run full cleric, cant wait to test it!

> > > >

> > > > Maybe we can break the 3,5k barrier.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Tested myself , it's absolutely OP now. Other popular healer such as Scrapper will never even think about those numbers. Only weakness is stability/stun break, but as long as your squad can arrange you a FB body guard (definitely worth it), you will be fine and carry the whole group's HP bar.

> > > I am expecting it will get huge nerf bat next patch.

> >

> > I am really hoping it doesn't get nerfed, but maybe I'm just being selfish. Aren't the numbers pretty close to traited Soothing Mist? I feel like it helps validate my spot in a squad and makes up for the lack of stab (running Glint as secondary legend). I personally found the previous version pretty lackluster. This is the first change in a while that I've been super super stoked about.

>

> I have tried 3 combinations (Cent/dragon, Cent/dwarf and Cent/Demon), and I found that either Cent/dwarf (with cleric gear) or Cent/demon (with apoth gear) are more useful and better self sustain than Cent/dragon. It mainly depends on what your squad need, if squad focus on melee then go cent/dwarf, if squad don't have scrapper for condi cleanse then go cent/demon. You probably can try both combo I am confident you will feel better than dragon. (you still trait for herald basically for 10 ppl buff but don't need to use dragon)

Yeah I use other legends depending on the situation, but IMO Glint is still a solid choice. It feels the most flexible.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> So does this mean power Herald is better off moving to Axe OH? Or does the damage difference still make OH Sword the better choice, despite the cast time increase?

Sword offhand is still by far the better choice. Even though sword 4 feels awkward you can use it to easily bait dodges.

Axe and shield have a lot of catching up to do to make them widely used again.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> Real talk, Shackling Wave should just straight up delete people's accounts now... Because, man, if you still get hit with it after this change, I dunno what to tell you.

More real talk, a Herald ganked me when I was finishing off a t2 camp today... He would have easily won, but he used Shackling Wave... The cast time gave me more than enough to time swap into Glint and double tap Facet of Light to let him heal me to full. Top memes.

There's actually a lot of ways that the monumental cast time ca be used against you... It's not just a "well at least I can bait dodges with it still" situation. You need to be kinda careful when you use it, that 1 second cast time is plenty of time for people to turn it against you with a quick aoe retaliation buff or a confusion bomb or something.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > Real talk, Shackling Wave should just straight up delete people's accounts now... Because, man, if you still get hit with it after this change, I dunno what to tell you.

>

> More real talk, a Herald ganked me when I was finishing off a t2 camp today... He would have easily won, but he used Shackling Wave... The cast time gave me more than enough to time swap into Glint and double tap Facet of Light to let him heal me to full. Top memes.

>

> There's actually a lot of ways that the monumental cast time ca be used against you... It's not just a "well at least I can bait dodges with it still" situation. You need to be kinda careful when you use it, that 1 second cast time is plenty of time for people to turn it against you with a quick aoe retaliation buff or a confusion bomb or something.

I seriously hope this is looked at again some time very soon. I know ANet doesn't often revert changes but at the very least, the cast time should be lessened a bit. 1 second doesn't sound like much but given how fast combat is, it's practically an eternity. I don't think I'd have liked it if they reduced the damage either. A cast time increase is an okay way to balance it out but they went a little overboard.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > Real talk, Shackling Wave should just straight up delete people's accounts now... Because, man, if you still get hit with it after this change, I dunno what to tell you.

>

> More real talk, a Herald ganked me when I was finishing off a t2 camp today... He would have easily won, but he used Shackling Wave... The cast time gave me more than enough to time swap into Glint and double tap Facet of Light to let him heal me to full. Top memes.

>

> There's actually a lot of ways that the monumental cast time ca be used against you... It's not just a "well at least I can bait dodges with it still" situation. You need to be kinda careful when you use it, that 1 second cast time is plenty of time for people to turn it against you with a quick aoe retaliation buff or a confusion bomb or something.

Well to look at the positive, in WvW this only hurts Rev roaming. Zerg play with Hammer Backline remains fully functional and a powerhouse for zerg fights, second only to Scourge.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > Real talk, Shackling Wave should just straight up delete people's accounts now... Because, man, if you still get hit with it after this change, I dunno what to tell you.

> >

> > More real talk, a Herald ganked me when I was finishing off a t2 camp today... He would have easily won, but he used Shackling Wave... The cast time gave me more than enough to time swap into Glint and double tap Facet of Light to let him heal me to full. Top memes.

> >

> > There's actually a lot of ways that the monumental cast time ca be used against you... It's not just a "well at least I can bait dodges with it still" situation. You need to be kinda careful when you use it, that 1 second cast time is plenty of time for people to turn it against you with a quick aoe retaliation buff or a confusion bomb or something.

>

> I seriously hope this is looked at again some time very soon. I know ANet doesn't often revert changes but at the very least, the cast time should be lessened a bit. 1 second doesn't sound like much but given how fast combat is, it's practically an eternity. I don't think I'd have liked it if they reduced the damage either. A cast time increase is an okay way to balance it out but they went a little overboard.

It just really makes me miss all the easy quickness access we had before... And honestly, it makes Brutality a little more tempting, but like that would just be another layer of telegraphing. Like, "Oh, he swapped to sword, he's definitely going to sword 4 before that quickness wears off."

I think the addition of the glow while casting was ok and probably enough... An ability that does a ton of damage should have a pretty obvious telegraph, but like, it shouldn't also take so long to cast that they have enough time to not just dodge it or interrupt it, but to also use skills that turn it against you. That's almost too much room for counterplay--especially given that other classes all have ways to combat this situation with their bursts (hiding telegraphs in stealth, insta-cast stability while channeling, etc) and rev has none of that.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"CRrabbit.1284" said:

> > Facet of Nature—Centaur: This skill's base healing per pulse has been increased from 272 to 471 at level 80, and its healing-power contribution has been increased by 363%.

> > Legendary Centaur Stance: True Nature now heals for each condition that is removed, up to a maximum of 970 health per condition at level 80.

> > This is a WoW for healing rev.

>

> Because they nerfed Medi Scrappers heal output, this could actually make Heal Rev better in WvW.

>

> Couldn’t test the numbers yet.

how they nerf scrapper?

I dont know why people complain about herald ... the changed none of the fundamentals that are relevant to stay in meta. Furthermore Retribution wasn't meta - maybe it gets more attention now.

The shackling wave nerf isnt a big issue in my eyes.

And the boon boost of 2 seconds with facet of nature in glint is enough to get a use out of it - all it requires is a certain amount of energy, while it doesnt consume any energy when the 2cond part of the skill is activated immediatly. Strong enough when used while allies or runes granted u any boons like Stability or Resistance.

tbh the thing with shackling wave is a 50/50 in my eyes. as it was pre patch you could burst people very easy with it as an opener, yet it had one negative. if you were fighting melee the enemy would just have to go a little bit to the right/left and you shackling wave is gone for nothing (happened to me some times). now that it has a longer casttime it is easier to counterplay but on the other side its much more "tactical". you can now: Bluff about what target you want to hit with it, just like the glint elite. bait dodges, aim better or retarget if needed midfight...