Recipes for Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall [Resolved]

Moi.5013

Well thank you Anet and also I hear they did address this on a post on reddit....when are they going to make official posts on their own forums regarding things like this?? I rarely reddit and would think the official forum would be the best place to get official responses?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously **hope** that they eliminate both Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall from Winter's Presence Those things are too expensive. I know they added recipes but the Symbol of Improvement and the Charm of Brilliance are expensive.

I say Anet needs to remove both Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall from Winter's Presence or actually let players craft 50 both Superior Sigils of Mischief and Superior Runes of Snowfall when they actually have 50 Symbol of Improvement and the Charm of Brilliance.

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> I seriously **hope** that they eliminate both Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall from Winter's Presence Those things are too expensive. I know they added recipes but the Symbol of Improvement and the Charm of Brilliance are expensive.

Isn't that exactly the reason they used those?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> > I seriously **hope** that they eliminate both Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall from Winter's Presence Those things are too expensive.

> On what basis are they "too expensive"? It's a premium skin with a premium price.

Yea but its near impossible to get them, someone on here posted about opening 50,000 presents and only got a combined 34 Sigils/Runes, that makes them stupidly expensive, and it did allow people to massively control the market, Anet should have done something about that,

On that note,

You can craft them now.

> @"Moi.5013" said:

> Well thank you Anet and also I hear they did address this on a post on reddit....when are they going to make official posts on their own forums regarding things like this?? I rarely reddit and would think the official forum would be the best place to get official responses?

The official game release notes.

Hello,

The prices in game are 3 gold +15 0001 karma for each recipe. Requirements : Tailor, Leatherworker or Armorsmith 400 for the rune and Artificer,Huntsman,Weaponsmith 400 for the sigil.

Materials :

1. Sigil :

* 10 Pile of Lucent Crystal

* 24 Snowflake

* 2 Symbol of Enhancement

* 10 Glob of Ectoplasm

2. Rune:

* 8 Pile of Lucent Crystal

* 5 Sealed Package of Snowballs

* 2 Charm of Brilliance

* 5 Glob of Ectoplasm

At curent (sell) market prices its 5 g 66 s 34 c for the sigil and 5 g 79 s 17 c for the rune.

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> Yea but its near impossible to get them, someone on here posted about opening 50,000 presents and only got a combined 34 Sigils/Runes, that makes them stupidly expensive, and it did allow people to massively control the market, Anet should have done something about that,

No one ever "controlled" the market. I had no trouble buying them at the same price they are now, after they became craftable. The price spiked because people who wanted them were (a) impatient and (b) willing to overpay to satisfy that impatience. When that happens, it takes ages for sellers to decide to accept less than premium prices.

> On that note,

>

>

> You can craft them now.

Which we knew was going to happen after the sigil/rune overhaul and ANet removed the mystic forge promotion method.

Guess the sigil of nullification fiasco really was the shape of things to come.. this has just killed the fun out of getting winters presence.. which was already a huge time sync . Now players that have steadily been building up stocks of siglis over the last year or so now find they are dogpoop and have to either farm symbols/charms (good luck with that) or face an unholy price tag from the TP.

This really is beginning to wear my guildies patience. I made mine the first year, but now.. the rune/sigil crud is just that.. crud.

The changes were nothing to do with listening to players needs to reduce sigil clutter it was all about inflating prices of everything and anything and hope it promotes gemsales in order to buy it..

Its no longer about the shape of things to come it's about how long players are prepared to stomach this bullcrap.

If the changes were to do with listening to players needs to reduce sigil clutter, then why not simply allow us to salvage them back to some of the old base components.

But to also remove the mystic forge upgrade path from minor to major and major to superior means that I have wasted the last 2 years of collecting sigils and runes. It looks like winters presence is another achevement I will never see completed!

I won't be getting any more gems to spend in the gem store (and I need 9 more mount skins to complete my collection)

> @"Yaskin Forrit.2185" said:

> If the changes were to do with listening to players needs to reduce sigil clutter, then why not simply allow us to salvage them back to some of the old base components.

>

> But to also remove the mystic forge upgrade path fri minor to major and major to superior means that I have wasted the last 2 years of collecting sigils and runes. It looks like winters presence is another achevement I will never see completed!

Not unless your now prepared to farm the symbols/charms or dip in your pocket and buy from the TP.. Winters Presence, like the latest armor sets ,.. just more content players will likely push to one side making it a worthless use of their time and efforts...

Feels to me that the player base is being milked.

> Winters Presence, like the latest armor sets ,.. just more content players will likely push to one side making it a worthless use of their time and efforts...

> Feels to me that the player base is being milked.

Not to mention all of the "collect X amount of minture A to craft minature B" etc. It's like collecting Esso tiger tokens in the 80's - 20,000 tokens to get a glass worth £1.20

> > Winters Presence, like the latest armor sets ,.. just more content players will likely push to one side making it a worthless use of their time and efforts...

> > Feels to me that the player base is being milked.

>

> Not to mention all of the "collect X amount of minture A to craft minature B" etc. It's like collecting Esso tiger tokens in the 80's - 20,000 tokens to get a glass worth £1.20

>

Lol Tiger Tokens.. eek.... speak with ya wallet is all players can do I guess

i agree with the comments above. I am still angry about the sigils of nullification. I do NOT like the current change with the break them down and have a ITTY bitty chance to to even get the components or motes. AND then add to it the Changes to the sigils and runes to get Winters Presence done. I was SO looking forward to getting my Shoulders this year , but looks like it will be unattainable. I havent bought gems in weeks and doubt I will be buying any in the near future. Though since I am not a whale , I am sure that Anet wont be missing me.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> What are they going to do for the players who saved Minor and Major runes and sigils now that they can't be upgraded?

You get to salvage them to empty a few inventory slots.. I mean that's what it was all about right.... :/

Then you start all over again salvage farm the charms and symbols (or buy them)..

If you add in the costs of the drinks, the winters Presence is now somewhere around 850-1000gold... not including what players may of spent out on sigils and runes previously only to throw into the trashcan - it's simply obscene, which is why I firmly believe the sigil/rune changes were nothing to do with inventory clutter or listening to the players its about monetising it and milking players. That is why it was not announced until after the Jahai Bluff update it was calculated for maximum impact.

Gee I am glad I made my WP way back when.. newer players best get quitting their day jobs and be prepared to farm Istan 24/7 cos this is now the way ANET have shifted the game.. suck the fun out of it and milk as much as they can for everything they can.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Not unless your now prepared to farm the symbols/charms or dip in your pocket and buy from the TP.. Winters Presence, like the latest armor sets ,.. just more content players will likely push to one side making it a worthless use of their time and efforts...

Winter's Presence was _always_ that, though.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > Not unless your now prepared to farm the symbols/charms or dip in your pocket and buy from the TP.. Winters Presence, like the latest armor sets ,.. just more content players will likely push to one side making it a worthless use of their time and efforts...

> Winter's Presence was _always_ that, though.

Yes exactly.. which is why players have been hard at it collecting runes/sigils, drinks etc.. only to now find their time is wasted, the investment put into buying them off the TP now wasted and instead have to do more of it... many 100's of gold more in order to achieve this.. a guild mate was close to completing WP and this Wintersday would of seen several years of time and in game resource come to fruition.. now sadly its wasted all in the name of "inventory clutter reduction" - I call bullcrap it's merely been monetised and it smells bad to me.

I have calculated the total cost of buying the components required to make Essence of Michief, Essense of Snowfall and Magnanimous Obsidian Crystal (taking an average vaklue between the maximum buyers price and minimum sellers price for each component on the Black Lion Trading Post) : -

Total = 884 Gold, 17 Silver and 152502 Karma (890 Gold if you factor in buying the recipes for the sigil and the rune).

> I have calculated the total cost of buying the components required to make Essence of Michief, Essense of Snowfall and Magnanimous Obsidian Crystal (taking an average vaklue between the maximum buyers price and minimum sellers price for each component on the Black Lion Trading Post) : -

> Total = 884 Gold, 17 Silver and 152502 Karma (890 Gold if you factor in buying the recipes for the sigil and the rune)

>

Yeah .. plus add in the Festive Imbiber 10k drinks at approx 200gold if you want to buy them all outright (though was always part of the Winter's Presence so nothing has changed for this part, except maybe some increased drop rates this year imo to bring this cost down if you choose to wait and save)

Also note your going to still need around 147.5k karma as well if you don't choose to take the Mag Bell as a reward or get a lucky drop

Of course it still doesn't rectify the fact that many players have likely been buying the runes and sigils (which was already hundreds of gold) and stashing them over time in order to finally get Superior versions forged up, but that are now basically trashed - I don't see ANET offering out some form of recompense to those players.

So good luck to players wanting Winter's Presence.. more likely another thing to be kicked to the sidelines.

Honestly I just wish they just could remove the 50 Superior Sigil of Mischief and Superior Rune of Snowfall instead, how difficult is that. Why did not they just remove rune and sigil instead? Personally I would have eliminated both 50 runes and sigil instead of adding recipes.

I waited for the price to go down, but now 50 Superior Sigil of Mischief costs 507g and 50 Superior Rune of Snowfall costs 339g. : /

> Now players that have steadily been building up stocks of siglis over the last year or so now find they are dogpoop

how so? it's **never** been cost effective to farm sigils of mischief; if you had spare minor or major, then selling those to fund your superiors was the way to go.

> have to either farm symbols/charms (good luck with that)

Or get them from the TP, for total cost per sigil at around 7g (i.e. less than it was last wintersday)

> or face an unholy price tag from the TP.

Price is down from previous years.

> This really is beginning to wear my guildies patience. I made mine the first year, but now.. the rune/sigil crud is just that.. crud.

If you made yours the first year, you spent about 5x as much on the drinks. The sigils and runes were less then. Total cost now is 970-980 gold. Back then it was 1200 and more.

> The changes were nothing to do with listening to players needs to reduce sigil clutter it was all about inflating prices of everything and anything and hope it promotes gemsales in order to buy it..

Actually it was a lot of things. Anyone who focuses just on price or just on clutter is missing the bigger picture. And anyone looking at today's costs or supply hasn't paid attention to what happens after any major market disruption. When something new is introduced, the initial supply mostly goes into people's banks, especially for materials that auto-deposit. Over time, things change as the early demand is sated, as those willing to pay any price get what they need.

There's hardly anything new from PoF left that has a high price, and yet the first week (and month), people complained loudly and often about costs.

> Its no longer about the shape of things to come it's about how long players are prepared to stomach this bullcrap.

It's always about the long term.

Best of all, with sigils of mischief and runes of snowfall, you can still wait it out. They don't have to be accumulated during Wintersday.

Total cost is down from previous years. I paid a ridiculous sum to get Winter's Presence. (And I already had a stack and a half of snowfall runes, because I used to teach people how to tank the fall off of the Dwayna statue in the pre-glider days...I made a killing off of that.)

That said, it should *not* be the case. It's a fun holiday skin; it *shouldn't* take a ridiculous amount of grind to acquire. Why anet does things this way, and continues to do so, is unfathomable.

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > What are they going to do for the players who saved Minor and Major runes and sigils now that they can't be upgraded?

>

> You get to salvage them to empty a few inventory slots.. I mean that's what it was all about right.... :/

>

> Then you start all over again salvage farm the charms and symbols (or buy them)..

> If you add in the costs of the drinks, the winters Presence is now somewhere around 850-1000gold... not including what players may of spent out on sigils and runes previously only to throw into the trashcan - it's simply obscene, which is why I firmly believe the sigil/rune changes were nothing to do with inventory clutter or listening to the players its about monetising it and milking players. That is why it was not announced until after the Jahai Bluff update it was calculated for maximum impact.

> Gee I am glad I made my WP way back when.. newer players best get quitting their day jobs and be prepared to farm Istan 24/7 cos this is now the way ANET have shifted the game.. suck the fun out of it and milk as much as they can for everything they can.

No, if they wanted to do that they'd get you to accept a second day job so you can buy more gems. The conspiracy on this one is absolutely insane.

With the introduction of a new crafting material and making sure the market isn't satiated in a matter of a week (like with any material PoF introduced) they've created a system that will definitely work well on the long run. At the beginning you have a shortage, as more players salvage and just play normally it will increase, at the latest once their storages are full and they start selling things to have space again - this will take a bit longer because of the rarity.

And the update not addressing inventory clutter??????? What? You don't get trash runes and sigils in your inventory, that is literally EVERYTHING WE HAVE EVER WANTED in terms of clutter.