Please let us play Toypocalypse with friends

jhnsmth.2641

I wanted to play it with friends, and I forgot about the stupid PVP matchmaking/lobby thing.

This was the most bitter disappointment for me in this game.

NO YOU CANNOT PLAY IT WITH FRIENDS, THIS IS PVP (says Anet)

Please, please reconsider!

This game is so much fun, easy to learn (not very) hard to master.

I think it is the best casual activity in GW2.

It is a real shame that we cannot play it with our friends.

This is what ANet has had to say about Toypocalypse and parties

>Lauren Kamieniecki.6245 QA Lead

>After the 2013 Toypocalypse there were changes to the game that broke the underlying functionality for Toypocalypse. For 2014 the team was trying to fix the bug (and really, they went up past the absolute last second to try and fix it) but ultimately had to decide between the activity working or being cut - it was that unplayable. It wasn't a lightly made decision, especially since it had worked the year before and players liked it.

>The team would still like to fix it but it isn't a simple switch or anything. Reverting the change would break significant other parts of the game.

>Soo.... I would rather queue with friends too, but I'd also like to be able to do the activity. It's a rough tossup.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Toypocalypse-and-Parties/first

>Gaile Gray. ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead

>I just heard from the team about this, and it is an unfortunate but intended change. The alteration came about because code changes were required in order to stabilize PvP and some Instance Activities. According to one of our lead designers, the change cannot be revisited for this year’s release. Thanks for your understanding concerning this necessary adjustment.

>Bottom line: This was not a “choice.” This was not a decision made without thought, or carelessly, or in error. This was a necessary change that stabilized the game, for both PvP and Activities.

>We understand that you would have preferred that this change not be made, but the cost of not making this change was too significant to let it slide. The change was necessary and as much as we regret any dissatisfaction that you may feel in relation to it, according to the designers it must remain in this state for this year’s release.

• 1 month later...

I get the fact that it would be a lot of work for one aspect of a seasonal event.

I get the fact that there may very well be better ways to spend dev resources.

Unfortunately this was my favorite aspect of the wintersday event and without it the event is pretty much in the realm of something to be ignored. I dont blame ANet. These sorts of things can and do happen, but, as far as I am concerned, GW2 doesnt really have a wintersday event.

Anets standard for PVP style events is that you don't get to play with the people you want. Though we wish it otherwise, they don't want you to have fun with your friends - if they did, they'd have spent the time fixing it. Its all about priorities and their seems to be adding more RNG to the cash shop than just about everything else.

• 4 weeks later...