Starting Doungeon, I hard time for beginers players

davincif.6820

The content I enjoy the most in MMO's RPG are the PvE content, Whe a brought the expansions I was so exited about doing the doungeons, start by the 5 players one and loot to ge into a raid anytime later.

How frustrated I get when I discovered that it's pretty hard to do that if you don't have a pretty good knowledge about the game content. Even if you use the look for groud, you'll have walk to the entry of the dougeon, but I don't know most of the map, so, of course, player keep kicking me from the party (and they are not wrong, right?).

Of course, it lasts for me looking for a guild that have a focus on that, but... can you see? It's just me? anyone else have ever shared this difficulty with me? I mean, I don't do PvP more than 1 ou 2 times when I log, and searching for PvE is a enoumous pain, The daylies arent so clear if you don't know the game very well, You'll have to stop several times to search on youtube where stuff are...

Finally, my question is: am I not seeing something? It there something I gotta do before trying "PvEing" aroung... Does anyone have any clue to me?

PS.: I have a lvl 80 sylvari, used the boost to lvl 80 after buying the expansions.

Dungeons, by default, are more difficult than you garden variety PVE, having said that I can sympathize with your frustration of being kicked; people tend to forget we all start somewhere. The only thing I can think of is that you leveled with a boost and not the traditional way. Are you part of a guild? If not, and if you're comfortable, seek out a guild that will teach you opposed to kick you. Good luck and take care.

It's also good to be honest when you join a party that is doing a dungeon. If you don't communicate then players may assume that you're not willing or able to participate. If you let your party know immediately that you are new to a dungeon, and even ask if they would be willing to explain mechanics, they may be more open to showing you what needs to be done.

If you are still new to the game I would suggest continuing to explore the maps and follow your personal story. You will automatically find the location of all the dungeons that way, and become more familiar with your profession, as well as regularly used mechanics such as dodging.

I enjoy dungeons, so feel free to add me and message me when I'm on and I'd be happy to take you through any dungeon.

> @"davincif.6820" said:

> The content I enjoy the most in MMO's RPG are the PvE content, Whe a brought the expansions I was so exited about doing the doungeons, start by the 5 players one and loot to ge into a raid anytime later.

> How frustrated I get when I discovered that it's pretty hard to do that if you don't have a pretty good knowledge about the game content. Even if you use the look for groud, you'll have walk to the entry of the dougeon, but I don't know most of the map, so, of course, player keep kicking me from the party (and they are not wrong, right?).

> Of course, it lasts for me looking for a guild that have a focus on that, but... can you see? It's just me? anyone else have ever shared this difficulty with me? I mean, I don't do PvP more than 1 ou 2 times when I log, and searching for PvE is a enoumous pain, The daylies arent so clear if you don't know the game very well, You'll have to stop several times to search on youtube where stuff are...

> Finally, my question is: am I not seeing something? It there something I gotta do before trying "PvEing" aroung... Does anyone have any clue to me?

>

> PS.: I have a lvl 80 sylvari, used the boost to lvl 80 after buying the expansions.

Dungeons are not easy but with a good tread, it’s doable. So are fractals T1.

Add me in game if you wanna run some dungeons together, i have all professions and popular builds, not the best gear. Also I am getting some dungeon credits for runes,,armor and weapon..

> @"davincif.6820" said:

> How frustrated I get when I discovered that it's pretty hard to do that if you don't have a pretty good knowledge about the game content. Even if you use the look for groud, you'll have walk to the entry of the dougeon, but I don't know most of the map, so, of course, player keep kicking me from the party (and they are not wrong, right?).

Uhm. Find a group that isn't already inside the dungeon instance and play through the content together beginning to end? It's what everyone else does. :) Also, tell them right away that you are new to this, most players don't have a problem with that and are quite helpful, actually.

Alternatively, take your time to explore the game, get familiar with the way skills work and combat works, you'll have much more fun discovering the game, than diving headfirst into harder content. While dungeons are manageable, they do require a fair knowledge of the way your own class works, and how enemies/traps act. Maybe completing the map around the dungeon you want to try (They're all displayed as a double door icon on the map) could help, since that way you know the map the dungeon is on, and you get familiar with the content before you head in.

The other posters also give you good advice : Mentionning you're new in the group title is a good thing, because it attracts players with a desire to help and teach, joining a guild will have the same effect

> @"davincif.6820" said:

> PS.: I have a lvl 80 sylvari, used the boost to lvl 80 after buying the expansions.

That could be also a small issue. Boosting immediately without leveling at least once normally might be a bit overwhelming. You are probably not used to many basic things that most ppl would expect you already know unless you tell them you are new.

I mean yea, dungeons are rather harsh for everyone who don't know what they are doing. Especially compared to the rest of the core world. But what exactly were you expecting? You seem to be new/newish, you boosted a character to 80, don't seem to know what you are doing, hoped into a dungeon, and it didn't go well.

I mean it has been a while since I have played other games. But this outcome don't seem all that out of the ordinary.

Personally I think Ascalon Catacombs Story mode should be nerfed by quite a lot considering its the first dungeon new players will see and it can be quite off putting if they can't complete it. Leave all other dungeons as they are. Nobody does story mode later on anyway just make it comfortable for new players that are lvl30 in blues and greens. Also throw in a few unique rare drops to incentivize players to do more.

Last I checked anet abandoned dungeons about 6 years ago... any attempt to request they do something about them is a waste of time.

And as the rest said already, this game is super care bear... just say your new and don't have a clue and you will get carried 99% of the time. Btw vast majority don't do dungeons for the reason I mentioned at the beginning, the hardest part of dungeons is finding people that are bored enough to do content that gets them nothing. Only time people legitimately need to run dungeons is when their runes of chose are dungeon tokens only or legendary needs those tokens.

I don't understand you. You used the 80 boost and now you complain that you don't even know where the dungeons are? You really should get to know the maps, your class etc. before you enter group content. There is a certain expectation and I know from experience that noob groups are horrible if you want to find an end of the dungeon. Veterans just don't have the patience anymore to rot in a dungeon for 1 hour when they could finish it in 10 minutes.

> @"Thobek.1730" said:

> Personally I think Ascalon Catacombs Story mode should be nerfed by quite a lot considering its the first dungeon new players will see and it can be quite off putting if they can't complete it. Leave all other dungeons as they are.

It is my favorite dungeon to date, because it is the only dungeon that qualifies as such. ;) I love the atmosphere. It is also an easy dungeon to play through, although I admit probably not to new players.

In any case, I agree that the story modes should be nerfed and turned into actual parts of the _story_ and made soloable - only then would they truly qualify as **story** modes. :+1:

Dungeons have been completely abandoned by the devs. In its current state dungeons are more like a race, you use dodge, blocks and utility abilities to get past as many content as soon as possible to then only stack in the corner or on the boss to melt everything within 3 seconds.

This doesn't take skill, but you have to become used to it in the beginning since a new player won't expect that to happen in a dungeon.

It's a bit sad, but that's how it is. The few mechanics on certain bosses aren't difficult, but some of them are a little glitchy / buggy and can lead to confusion.

IF YOU REALLY want to play dungeons, I suggest you get into fractals, it's basically the same, but a lot better and with better loot too.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this yet but you don't need to walk to the entrance. You just need to be on the map the entrance is on. As soon as someone enters everyone will get a prompt to enter regardless of where on the map they. I sometimes use that to grab the WP by immediately walking back out the door after loading in. Of course it is possible nobody else is near either in which case someone has to walk in.

For me the problem with dungeons is that they have mobs that can hit hard but overall are boring.

Little mechanics, little jumping puzzles inside, little any puzzles inside or riddles. And little reward.

Please revamp them! I beg you :P I would love some good dungeons.

Twilight Arbor has most "mechanics" so it's the only one I find okayish.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > Twilight Arbor has most "mechanics" so it's the only one I find okayish.

>

> ARAH is saying Hi.

>

Well true that : P But 2 dungeons with some mechanics isnt a lot. Id also like a lot of mechanics besides "fight" mechanics.

Id like lots of jumping puzzles, puzzles, riddles, traps in dungeons etc -> more randomized the better. Thats what comes to mind when I think "dungeon".

Things that would demand cooperation and some thinking.