Kralkatorrik size

Vyko.6953

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the size is just for the sake of perspective? primordus's head was made to look enormous because we were near him, while kralka's head was made to look tinier because we were at a good distance from him, perhaps, if the mission had taken us closer to kralka his head would be even bigger.

Primordus also ate a great deal extra magic which likely contributed to his size. If he has returned to a pre awakend state he might be a lot smaller next time we encounter him. I guess if we see tha5 Kralk has grown from absorbing the magic Balth had absorbed, then that will prove or disprove that.

> @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> How big would Jormag be if we use his tooth to measure the size?

Maybe, has a relation with the total magic they absorb....

or maybe has a relation with the order we fight against (not counting the volcano encounter as a real fight against primordus)

> @maxwelgm.4315 said:

> It would actually have been better if they went with the amorphous interpretation of Elder creatures so big that "Dragon" is a mere reference and the magic they sucked turned them into eldritch horrors with no defined shape. It would then be easy for Kralkatorrik to be a huge mass of tendrils inside a storm that can conjure a dragon head and Primordus to be an immense bobblehead of molten rock spanning miles. Zhaitan would be even easier being composed of a mass of rotten dragon tissue.

Perhaps that is the case.

Maybe what we see is the built up detritus and matter that grows in size consumate with the amount of power they acquire.

When they sleep, they leave behind the unanimated shell, the core returning to a seed like state somewhere deep, buried and safe beneath the shell.

The magic builds, they wake and begin to animate more of their domain materials, drawing it to them and building in size.

That'd explain Zhaitans size, strength and related weakness (as well as changes in size noted by other posters in the past).

He could build himself to a great size if he so wished, but his ability to control the dead matter and afford it a degree of sentience served him better as an army.

The whole horde was Zhaitan.

A diffuse dragon with chosen focal points of attention.

He selected the choice parts for himself and occasionally sacrificed one of his chosen eyes to create a more focused presence elsewhere.

However, while this allowed him to spread more quickly and grab magic/territory quickly, it would be the weakness too in the sense his core essence is more vulnerable to attack being smaller than the other Elder Dragons.

Mordremoth seemed to just build a non standard body of tendrils grasping out across the realm, but in there was still a dragon like sense of self based on shapes he took and formed.

This makes me think your idea of a Dragon being able to be a non standard shape, or even altering its shape for a purpose, is very much a possibility.

It also be a good explanation for size disparities that do occur and would allow players to face an Elder Dragon at a more managable size.

Hm. In 2012 did they have limitations with Zhaitan, or did they just make him small because he was weak with his being blinded and starved and whatnot? Or did they just decide because the dragons were forces of nature that they'd make them bigger and _bigger_ and BIGGER to make them cooler?

But oh my GOD, Primordus and Kralky are absolutely MASSIVE.

> @Chorne.8195 said:

> Hm. In 2012 did they have limitations with Zhaitan, or did they just make him small because he was weak with his being blinded and starved and whatnot? Or did they just decide because the dragons were forces of nature that they'd make them bigger and _bigger_ and BIGGER to make them cooler?

Bit late, but Zhaitan got shrunk down for practical considerations. At the original size (you can see it above Kralkatorrik in the comparison, or in the Arah loading screen), the devs thought it was too absurd to say that we were taking it down with cannons, even very large ones. A bit like killing a komodo dragon by flicking pebbles. The model we ultimately got was scaled so that we could believably take it on and win. They never addressed whether he was that size to begin with, or if our campaign to starve him of magic really did shrink him down.

Given that we're no longer directly confronting them, though, the devs are now freed up to go crazy with the size. The Zhaitan we got was massive; the Primordus we got is a world-ending force of nature.

I just finished the story a few hours ago. When I approached Balthazar and wondered where the fuck he was aiming, I didn't even fucking saw the damn dragon. I saw outlines of wins and such but assumed it were the fucking clouds. Then I stopped and looked up before approaching u and I shit u not, My jaw fucking dropped, His head was absolutely fucking massive. I for a few seconds still assumed that kralkatorriki was just his fucking head till i put 2 and 2 together and I just stared. LIKE HOLY CRAP, THAT FUCKER IS BIG AS FUCK. FOR SOME REASON MY FIRST TOUGHT WAS. HOW THE FUCK DID HE MATE WITH GLINT?

> @Jinroh.4251 said:

> I am not surprised. Devs said they were supposed to massive Godzilla sized monsters. Wait do the Elder Dragons get along or do they not like each other? What happens if we...LET THEM FIGHT?!

Taimi: I don't think they're going to duke it out physically. Feels like that would be a disaster anyway.

> @Jinroh.4251 said:

> I am not surprised. Devs said they were supposed to massive Godzilla sized monsters. Wait do the Elder Dragons get along or do they not like each other? What happens if we...LET THEM FIGHT?!

Im not opposed to Elder Dragons; Destroy all Monsters Melee.

There is a spin off just waiting to happen..

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

Maybe Primordius is like a drake where the head is as big around as the body, while Kalk is more of a traditional dragon shape.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

>

> Maybe Primordius is like a drake where the head is as big around as the body, while Kalk is more of a traditional dragon shape.

>

>

He was no such shape in GW1. I suspect he grew rather quickly as he sucked up the unbound magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth. We don't know what size he was before he moved south and although it seems a rather large growth in a very short period of time, the fact that he grew to this immense size close by to the Ring Of Fire would seem to be the most logical explanation as to why a being of that size didn't cause what Konig has suggested should have happened.

> @"supa suop.8026" said:

> > @HaseKent.1843 said:

> > So... Mordy is an eel...

>

> Technically that was the mouth of Mordremoth. The actual one did not really have a form, but was considered the entire jungle, I believe.

Nope, the Mouth of Mordremoth - albeit poorly named by ArenaNet - was in fact Mordremoth himself. That is his draconian body.

It's even reaffirmed in Vabbi's academy heart where you're correcting students about Joko's "exploits", one being where the PC tells them Mordremoth died by impaling its head on a spike (aka how the Mouth of Mordremoth dies).

We are told multiple times that Mordremoth's body is the jungle itself (or, rather, the corruption), however.

At best, the Mouth of Mordremoth was the head and it impaled itself around the moment the PC killed its mind. Ingame dialogue, however, suggests that the Mouth was fought multiple times.

The PC's explanation in the academy strikes me as being a case of a "lie to children" - teaching something that isn't the whole truth but where the student isn't ready to understand the whole truth yet, and in this case, the simplification is still a lot better than believing that Joko soloed Mordremoth.

> @Randulf.7614 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

> >

> > Maybe Primordius is like a drake where the head is as big around as the body, while Kalk is more of a traditional dragon shape.

> >

> >

>

> He was no such shape in GW1. I suspect he grew rather quickly as he sucked up the unbound magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth. We don't know what size he was before he moved south and although it seems a rather large growth in a very short period of time, the fact that he grew to this immense size close by to the Ring Of Fire would seem to be the most logical explanation as to why a being of that size didn't cause what Konig has suggested should have happened.

During the [Guild Chat](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/flashpoint-on-guild-chat-a-summary/) following Flashpoint (about 33:28), they kind of suggest that the devs have decided what we see in EotN wasn't Primordus after all, just a champion. It's something they brush past without much fanfare, but it's enough to say that we can't use the GW1 statue as a basis anymore.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

> > >

> > > Maybe Primordius is like a drake where the head is as big around as the body, while Kalk is more of a traditional dragon shape.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > He was no such shape in GW1. I suspect he grew rather quickly as he sucked up the unbound magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth. We don't know what size he was before he moved south and although it seems a rather large growth in a very short period of time, the fact that he grew to this immense size close by to the Ring Of Fire would seem to be the most logical explanation as to why a being of that size didn't cause what Konig has suggested should have happened.

>

> During the [Guild Chat](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/flashpoint-on-guild-chat-a-summary/) following Flashpoint (about 33:28), they kind of suggest that the devs have decided what we see in EotN wasn't Primordus after all, just a champion. It's something they brush past without much fanfare, but it's enough to say that we can't use the GW1 statue as a basis anymore.

If the statue is like Drakkar then we now know that Primordius only woke up because a Great Destroyer woke it up after the first one failed to do the job. Seems as if Kralkatorrik is the only Elder Dragon that didn't get assistance to wake up at any point.

Mordremoth being the jungle is more metaphorical. SInce his reach is across almost the entire of Maguuma, it is appropriate to say "he is the jungle". It is clear from the all the dialogue in the game though that his physical core stems from the Mouth of Mordre> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

> > >

> > > Maybe Primordius is like a drake where the head is as big around as the body, while Kalk is more of a traditional dragon shape.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > He was no such shape in GW1. I suspect he grew rather quickly as he sucked up the unbound magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth. We don't know what size he was before he moved south and although it seems a rather large growth in a very short period of time, the fact that he grew to this immense size close by to the Ring Of Fire would seem to be the most logical explanation as to why a being of that size didn't cause what Konig has suggested should have happened.

>

> During the [Guild Chat](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/flashpoint-on-guild-chat-a-summary/) following Flashpoint (about 33:28), they kind of suggest that the devs have decided what we see in EotN wasn't Primordus after all, just a champion. It's something they brush past without much fanfare, but it's enough to say that we can't use the GW1 statue as a basis anymore.

That would be highly unsatisfying. There is plenty of scope to use the expansion of loose magic in the world growing and distorting the dragon rather than saying, 'oh yeah by the way, at the end of GW1, we've now decided that wasn't Primordus'

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

This is just them covering their rear ends without considering / knowing the fact that the statue was explicitly stated to be Primordus multiple times over in interviews and articles leading up to GW2's release - and I *want* to say even was said once or twice in-game as well but as far as I was able to find the only comment was that Primordus was "in a chamber adjacent to the Central Transfer Chamber" not "was the statue in a chamber adjacent to the Central Transfer Chamber". Those devs *thought* it was never said, but it was, and they screwed the pooch there.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @Randulf.7614 said:

> > > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > Jeeze, I thought they'd be a bit closer together. That size for Primordus definitely doesn't make any sense after all. Not unless he was a freakin bobblehead dragon. All of Kryta should have collapsed into a sinkhole when Primordus moved to the Ring of Fire.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe Primordius is like a drake where the head is as big around as the body, while Kalk is more of a traditional dragon shape.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > He was no such shape in GW1. I suspect he grew rather quickly as he sucked up the unbound magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth. We don't know what size he was before he moved south and although it seems a rather large growth in a very short period of time, the fact that he grew to this immense size close by to the Ring Of Fire would seem to be the most logical explanation as to why a being of that size didn't cause what Konig has suggested should have happened.

> >

> > During the [Guild Chat](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/flashpoint-on-guild-chat-a-summary/) following Flashpoint (about 33:28), they kind of suggest that the devs have decided what we see in EotN wasn't Primordus after all, just a champion. It's something they brush past without much fanfare, but it's enough to say that we can't use the GW1 statue as a basis anymore.

>

> This is just them covering their rear ends without considering / knowing the fact that the statue was explicitly stated to be Primordus multiple times over in interviews and articles leading up to GW2's release - and I *want* to say even was said once or twice in-game as well but as far as I was able to find the only comment was that Primordus was "in a chamber adjacent to the Central Transfer Chamber" not "was the statue in a chamber adjacent to the Central Transfer Chamber". Those devs *thought* it was never said, but it was, and they screwed the pooch there.

Thought it was never said _in-game_, and I think that's an important distinction. ANet's made it clear in the past that they'll try to respect anything in the product, but they aren't opposed to overturning developer statements when they get in the way of the story they want to tell... even if it'd be fairly simple to work around, like saying Primordus just changed shape.