Merciless Hammer

Jeknar.6184

I like the new Merciless Hammer but I personally don't think that this trait is in position of competing with the other two Strenght Grandmaster traits (Berserker Power and Might Makes Right).

I would like to see Merciless Hammer receive the the same treatment as the other weapons traits and have half of it's bonus applied to any weapon. And yes, I know that the Adrenaline gain for CC is already for all weapons but c'mon... If you are running hammer, you obviously isn't running maces unless you going for some hardcore pure CC build.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> I seriously wonder how good Merciless Hammer has to be to compete with the other 2 choices.

>

> While i truly believe that thematically its in the right traitline, maybe putting it somewhere else could make it more viable.

>

> But WHERE is a good question.

Discipline, swap it with the quickness trait or axe mastery (axe mastery probably not because of pve dmg, axe mastery and berserkers might in same slot would be bad) kinda fits the disciplin theme. You are disciplined enough to not just braiblessly hit a cced foe, no, you use the cc to precisely hit vital bodyparts. Something around those lines. Would kind of make the quickness trait obsolete, but since nobody rly plays that anyways id be happy to sacrifice it to get hammer into disci. I think it would be a great choice between axe mastery and burst mastery. Id def. Take it there when using hammer.

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > maybe up the damage even more lol? seems like it would be sweet to play some glass hammer build.

>

> Make something like 30 - 35%?

> I already see the QQ of bronze players getting „oneshot“ by hammer 2.

>

I already hit quite a few players in WvW for 5 digit Fierce Blows... But I could have done the same with Berserker Power, which make the trait kinda redundant.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> I like the new Merciless Hammer but I personally don't think that this trait is in position of competing with the other two Strenght Grandmaster traits (Berserker Power and Might Makes Right).

>

> I would like to see Merciless Hammer receive the the same treatment as the other weapons traits and have half of it's bonus applied to any weapon. And yes, I know that the Adrenaline gain for CC is already for all weapons but c'mon... If you are running hammer, you obviously isn't running maces unless you going for some hardcore pure CC build.

Would like to see it switched back to disc again and axe taking it's place in strength.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > I like the new Merciless Hammer but I personally don't think that this trait is in position of competing with the other two Strenght Grandmaster traits (Berserker Power and Might Makes Right).

> >

> > I would like to see Merciless Hammer receive the the same treatment as the other weapons traits and have half of it's bonus applied to any weapon. And yes, I know that the Adrenaline gain for CC is already for all weapons but c'mon... If you are running hammer, you obviously isn't running maces unless you going for some hardcore pure CC build.

>

> Would like to see it switched back to disc again and axe taking it's place in strength.

And killing pve power warrior again?

> @"XenoSpyro.1780" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > But I could have done the same with Berserker Power, which make the trait kinda redundant.

> Cooldowns? The new adren Disable?

>

>

Thats the question.

The dmg increase and adrenaline are on successful cc.

Which means you are already in a winning position.

The cd decrease is nice and all but if you can’t hit your opponent with your cc skills (which is the win condition) the first time, do you really survive long enough to try your combo again?

Is a simple Dmg multiplier or extra healing and endurance better then all of the above?

> > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > I like the new Merciless Hammer but I personally don't think that this trait is in position of competing with the other two Strenght Grandmaster traits (Berserker Power and Might Makes Right).

> > >

> > > I would like to see Merciless Hammer receive the the same treatment as the other weapons traits and have half of it's bonus applied to any weapon. And yes, I know that the Adrenaline gain for CC is already for all weapons but c'mon... If you are running hammer, you obviously isn't running maces unless you going for some hardcore pure CC build.

> >

> > Would like to see it switched back to disc again and axe taking it's place in strength.

>

> And killing pve power warrior again?

Dont know about that,know i'd like to see it in wvw without having to waste disc or def to get it.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> > > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > I like the new Merciless Hammer but I personally don't think that this trait is in position of competing with the other two Strenght Grandmaster traits (Berserker Power and Might Makes Right).

> > > >

> > > > I would like to see Merciless Hammer receive the the same treatment as the other weapons traits and have half of it's bonus applied to any weapon. And yes, I know that the Adrenaline gain for CC is already for all weapons but c'mon... If you are running hammer, you obviously isn't running maces unless you going for some hardcore pure CC build.

> > >

> > > Would like to see it switched back to disc again and axe taking it's place in strength.

> >

> > And killing pve power warrior again?

>

> Dont know about that,know i'd like to see it in wvw without having to waste disc or def to get it.

Replacing Heighened Focus instead of Axe Mastery is most likely the best option if Merciless Hammer is to become a relevant choice without hurting warrior further on PvE.