> > Sea of Sorrows, Sanctum of Rall

> > Henge of Denravi, Borlis Pass

> > Stormbluff Isle, Isle of Janthir

> > Tarnished Coast, Jade Quarry

> > Yak's Bend, Ferguson's Crossing

> > Crystal Desert, Maguuma

> > Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand

>

> A bug? An actual, honest-to-Dwayna BUG, or just something with which you disagree?

>

> Please use the correct term, not "I don't like this = bug" but "Something is broken = bug" so I can properly report to the devs. Thank you very much for any help you can give me with ascertaining what the concerns really are (as opposed to opinions, which have validity on a different level).

I wouldn’t say it’s a “bug” more like... someone had too much eggnog and completely butchered the scheduled relink.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > This is a bug. It should be:

> > Kaineng, Devona's Rest

> > Blackgate, Eredon Terrace

> > Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay

> > Northern Shiverpeaks, Sorrow's Furnace

> > Fort Aspenwood, Darkhaven

>

> A bug? An actual, honest-to-Dwayna BUG, or just something with which you disagree?

>

> Please use the correct term, not "I don't like this = bug" but "Something is broken = bug" so I can properly report to the devs. Thank you very much for any help you can give me with ascertaining what the concerns really are (as opposed to opinions, which have validity on a different level).

Yaks bend is currently Linked with Magumma, Dragonbrand and Fergusons Crossing. Crystal Desert and Gate of Madness are without a link at all, in game, right now, this is whats happening. its not a matter of we dont like the relinks.

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > This is a bug. It should be:

> > Kaineng, Devona's Rest

> > Blackgate, Eredon Terrace

> > Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay

> > Northern Shiverpeaks, Sorrow's Furnace

> > Fort Aspenwood, Darkhaven

>

>

Currently Yaks Bend has 3 links.. being Ferguson's Crossing, Maguuma and Dragonbrand and according to what the links are meant to be, Dragonbrand should be linked with Gate of Madness and Maguuma should be linked with Crystal Desert not Yaks Bend

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Erron.5327" said:

> Gaile, from what we see it seems like an actual bug...it would be great if you could please ping the devs just to double check that all is as it should be.

>

Doing that now. So sorry for the mix-up, and I assure you no egg nog was involved in the posting of this thread! :)

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

I'm actually playing reset right now so I might've missed a post, but it's clear that the listed links on the forum are the correct ones. GoM is vastly outnumbered being by themselves in T4, and YB has insanely large queues - more than 250+ people in queue across all 4 maps earlier in the night, even now it's still over 200 people in queue across all 4 maps.

> @"Digger.8659" said:

> Links are fine, just the announcement of the server re-links are not.

> This is currently the server links in my WvW tier

> Henge of Denravi + Borlis Pass

> Sea of Sorrows + Sanctum of Rall

> Yak's Bend + Maguuma + Dragonbrand + Ferguson's Crossing

No, looks at the queues for the 4 server link. The published links are clearly what they were meant to be. Matchups are also completely incorrect for the links.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"neven.3785" said:

> rather than stoke anger, perhaps next time a bug in linking is reported, check to see what the api is outputting as the server linkings

> http://gw2stats.com/na for instance will show you what the current state is (if the API is up)

Hey, would you mind telling me what the API is outputting? I am now sensing a disagreement about whether the links are correct or not, and that leads me to be unsure if the post is accurate or not.

Clearly, world linking is not my field of expertise, but I have reported this thread as a point of concern, and those more knowledgeable than I will take a look.

Thanks for any additional info you can share.

> @"Digger.8659" said:

> Links are fine, just the announcement of the server re-links are not.

> This is currently the server links in my WvW tier

> Henge of Denravi + Borlis Pass

> Sea of Sorrows + Sanctum of Rall

> Yak's Bend + Maguuma + Dragonbrand + Ferguson's Crossing

I think anet forgot a link for yb, we're currently losing. I think adding BP would really help out the server

Stormbluff Isle +Isle of Janthir

Crystal Desert

Blackgate +Eredon Terrace

Kaineng +Devona's Rest

Fort Aspenwood +Darkhaven

Tarnished Coast +Jade Quarry

Yak's Bend +Maguuma, Dragonbrand, Ferguson's Crossing

Henge of Denravi +Borlis Pass

Sea of Sorrows +Sanctum of Rall

Anvil Rock +Ehmry Bay

Northern Shiverpeaks +Sorrow's Furnace

Gate of Madness

are what the matches are, reports from some tiers is outnumbered on every map, then yaks bend on the other end with over an hour later and still over 200 queued peoples. This happened once in the past, where it was blatantly obvious there was a mistep in relinks, the devs rerolled the linkings like an hour later.

> > @"neven.3785" said:

> > rather than stoke anger, perhaps next time a bug in linking is reported, check to see what the api is outputting as the server linkings

> > http://gw2stats.com/na for instance will show you what the current state is (if the API is up)

>

> Hey, would you mind telling me what the API is outputting? I am now sensing a disagreement about whether the links are correct or not, and that leads me to be unsure if the post is accurate or not.

>

> Clearly, world linking is not my field of expertise, but I have reported this thread as a point of concern, and those more knowledgeable than I will take a look.

>

> Thanks for any additional info you can share.

The links posted **here** in the forums, by Joe Belousek.9716 is _very_ different from what's in-game. We don't know which is true because it was said that linkings are automatically generated based on server performance or there's some hocus pocus going on.

> > @"neven.3785" said:

> > rather than stoke anger, perhaps next time a bug in linking is reported, check to see what the api is outputting as the server linkings

> > http://gw2stats.com/na for instance will show you what the current state is (if the API is up)

>

> Hey, would you mind telling me what the API is outputting? I am now sensing a disagreement about whether the links are correct or not, and that leads me to be unsure if the post is accurate or not.

>

> Clearly, world linking is not my field of expertise, but I have reported this thread as a point of concern, and those more knowledgeable than I will take a look.

>

It seems the API is indeed part of the problem, sites like gw2stats and the wiki are reporting the linkings as they exist in the game. In any case, they need to be re-done because this is an awful situation for GoM (which doesn't have nearly enough people to compete even on reset) and for people on the YB tetraserver (where a lot of people can't even play tonight due to the queues).

I'm guessing CD is also very outnumbered (like GoM), awaiting confirmation on that.

> The links posted **here** in the forums, by Joe Belousek.9716 is _very_ different from what's in-game. We don't know which is true because it was said that linkings are automatically generated based on server performance or there's some hocus pocus going on.

This @"Gaile Gray.6029"

The problem is clear, Crystal Desert and Gates of Madness do not have links. YB is linked with Maguuma, Dragonbrand and Fergusons Crossing with huge queues.

The published link document states Crystal Desert should be linked with Maguuma, Gates of Madness with Dragonbrand and YB with Fergusons Crossing which are all reasonable.

• ArenaNet Staff

Thanks to those of you who are posting **helpful** information. We have eyes on this thread, and things will be addressed as soon as they can.

A few members have chosen to post disruptive, unconstructive, or off-topic comments. The rare member has scored the trifecta of forum silliness by doing all three. Don't so it, guys, it's just not necessary, and it's diluting the valuable information that others are sharing.

Again: **This is a known issue, prioritized to be corrected as soon as possible.**

Here you go, this is what we see in gw2stats.

>

>

https://imgur.com/NR86lUu