[Bug] Relink Issues

noncha.2761

No one here, myself included, knows what it takes to resolve these kinds of issues. Though you could assume it's a simple fix due to how quickly relinks take place during reset, there may be underlying issues we're unaware of. Communication from ANet would be nice but if they don't understand how to fix it yet they can't really help us there can they.

We may have all paid for this game but it's also not a monthly subscription. It's not like this is causing _anyone_ to lose money. It just means those who are a part of the match will have to endure the frustration for a currently unknown amount of time. Therefore I feel it's hardly fair to be taking the matter so seriously or to be so aggressive towards ANet's staff. As someone who works in a type of customer service environment, I feel some people too often forget that employees are people too. I'm sure they're busy with their lives and families as it is the holidays after all.

Spend some time with your families or play other games if it's _that_ torturous to those of you who are being tremendous arseholes to the dev's. I'm sure experiencing the outdoors won't cause you to melt. Or in the case of people who are looking to wind down from work or what ever other chores/errands, there are plenty of other things to do besides GW2. Even constructive things!

Also yes I realize how condescending I'm being but honestly the hostility here is so pitiful I can't say I'm sorry.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the ‘fix’ comments.

The links should be reset.

All WxP from all of the servers and any pips earned from outnumbered buffs should be removed.

Then an extra bouncy chest that is awarded to the winning servers should be given at the end of the week.

That would solve all of the problems.

All that being said. In the immortal words of Deion Sanders: **C’mon man?!**

Some people are missing the point. Blackgate WITHOUT a link had enough coverage, had blobs, and was able to ppt to stay tier 1 and tier 2 areas and nothing below. Yes they failed to stay in tier 1 every week for the past 2 months because Kaineng and FA was able to out PPT them and win their fights, but Blackgate did better than almost every other server without any teammate at all because even without a teammate its like they have the same numbers.

Then Blackgate gets a teammate which over stacks theit server with more coverage and population than every other server.

Crystal Desert, bless their hearts couldn't even make it into tier 1 and barely got to tier 2, WITH a teammate, then Anet decides to flip the script and give Blackgate a teammate instead of Crystal Desert.

Blackgate doesn't need a teammate, you all are just tired of not being #1 anymore because you finally wasn't OVER STACKED with people, and now Anet gave you what you wanted and you have more people than any other server period.

These relinks are the worse I've ever seen, and to the BG people. If you think being in tier 1 with your over stacked server will get you fights, you are horribly mistaken ! Every enemy server will basically not try, or quit the entire week so I hope you get bored very soon and realize having 60v30 isn't fun or fair.

WvW has now officially became a joke.

> @"TaraAshlynn.9746" said:

> Some people are missing the point. Blackgate WITHOUT a link had enough coverage, had blobs, and was able to ppt to stay tier 1 and tier 2 areas and nothing below. Yes they failed to stay in tier 1 every week for the past 2 months because Kaineng and FA was able to out PPT them and win their fights, but Blackgate did better than almost every other server without any teammate at all because even without a teammate its like they have the same numbers.

>

> Then Blackgate gets a teammate which over stacks theit server with more coverage and population than every other server.

>

> Crystal Desert, bless their hearts couldn't even make it into tier 1 and barely got to tier 2, WITH a teammate, then Anet decides to flip the script and give Blackgate a teammate instead of Crystal Desert.

>

> Blackgate doesn't need a teammate, you all are just tired of not being #1 anymore because you finally wasn't OVER STACKED with people, and now Anet gave you what you wanted and you have more people than any other server period.

>

> These relinks are the worse I've ever seen, and to the BG people. If you think being in tier 1 with your over stacked server will get you fights, you are horribly mistaken ! Every enemy server will basically not try, or quit the entire week so I hope you get bored very soon and realize having 60v30 isn't fun or fair.

>

> WvW has now officially became a joke.

So, I can confirm 3 on here commenting from BG and only one has verbalized it as a ‘positive’.

Maybe if people take a step back, there are others that need to be demonized this time?

BG has no more pull to get a link than any other server. The fact that they have a link for just the second time in the period that links exist, to the same server as a point of fact, kind of speaks to that.

While some few on BG have advocated for a link, most haven’t cared a lick for one.

And as far as facing servers who don’t try, that was the standard for months. With the exception of Mag popping in to do a smack down about a year ago, and the more recent super stacked linked servers that had coverage.

Those will still be there.

I hope you guys can fix this as soon as possible, and happy holydays.

Just as extra note:

For us, players who are still around mostly exclusively for WvW, after the "UPDATE" on the progress from the new alliance system, which basically say nothing new, this problem adds to the general bad mood in the community. I dont want to be negative or complain, just saying, please, think in WvW players more, you are losing players everyday. I dont want to leave the game but i feel like you guys are trying to make me leave.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Agree with the ‘fix’ comments.

>

> The links should be reset.

>

> All WxP from all of the servers and any pips earned from outnumbered buffs should be removed.

>

> Then an extra bouncy chest that is awarded to the winning servers should be given at the end of the week.

>

> That would solve all of the problems.

>

> All that being said. In the immortal words of Deion Sanders: **C’mon man?!**

No need to reset Wxp or pips. Those would have been earned no matter what. The server scores are what needs to be completely reset. Don't punish the players who put up with the "Bug" and played through it.

> @"Towelie.9504" said:

> I mean I think the sadder state of affairs is that it took over an hour for Anet to provide a response, and that even then they weren't aware of this error. I'm guessing there's basically no verification processes in place during relinking or there's a huge gap in it

They have a single guy working part time on WvW as a whole what do you expect really? If that poor bastard died today, WvW would be done for good (god bless u Raymond)

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Agree with the ‘fix’ comments.

> >

> > The links should be reset.

> >

> > All WxP from all of the servers and any pips earned from outnumbered buffs should be removed.

> >

> > Then an extra bouncy chest that is awarded to the winning servers should be given at the end of the week.

> >

> > That would solve all of the problems.

> >

> > All that being said. In the immortal words of Deion Sanders: **C’mon man?!**

>

> No need to reset Wxp or pips. Those would have been earned no matter what. The server scores are what needs to be completely reset. Don't punish the players who put up with the "Bug" and played through it.

So I guess I needed to put the /s in there.

Point being.. what are people ‘winning’?

An extra bouncy chest.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Probably won't link reset before next Friday. Just need to deal with it. If you can't handle it for a week I don't know how you guys survive irl.

>

> >! BTW, I am on hod not yb so don't even kitten say it...

Just so happenes to be the week that I’m off work for the holiday. So when they do fix it it’s back to work.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I'm hoping we'll have an update soon. This is a Friday and the weekend preceding a holiday, and I imagine some people are travelling. Still, I'm talking to folks about this and again, hope we'll be able to share more info soon. In the meantime, know we're aware of the situation and very sorry about the confusion!

Thanks, Gaile. I, for one, appreciate the hard work you do, as well as the WvW devs. I hope you and the devs are able to enjoy the holiday and have a great Christmas! Mistakes happen. That's life. We all know that some WvW players on certain servers are extremely toxic. Things like this bring them out of the woodwork. Just ignore them. My feeling is that if they don't enjoy the game, they can go play Runescape or something else. :D

> @"Aleron.6357" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > I'm hoping we'll have an update soon. This is a Friday and the weekend preceding a holiday, and I imagine some people are travelling. Still, I'm talking to folks about this and again, hope we'll be able to share more info soon. In the meantime, know we're aware of the situation and very sorry about the confusion!

>

> Thanks, Gaile. I, for one, appreciate the hard work you do, as well as the WvW devs. I hope you and the devs are able to enjoy the holiday and have a great Christmas! Mistakes happen. That's life. We all know that some WvW players on certain servers are extremely toxic. Things like this bring them out of the woodwork. Just ignore them. My feeling is that if they don't enjoy the game, they can go play Runescape or something else. :D

Errors happen. And paying customers have a right to be upset at that and expect customer service to at least verify claims (which takes literally 5 minutes) before assuming we're just whining and then arguing the semantics of what constitutes a "bug".

We all appreciate hard work, but it doesn't imply immunity of responsibility. And follow your own advice, if you don't like toxicity, stay off the forums and read a book.

Saddest of all that there is really no negative impact that Anet will suffer from all of this. They have all controls and can do what they want and people will continue playing regardless of what Anet ends up doing. This is why Anet hasn't taken the time to fix this, holiday or not. They are not going to do anything that interrupts and causes a sacrafice to them. This proves that Anet doesn't give a hoot about WVW community or GW2 Community and only change things when the complainers want something changed.. or it's money in their pockets It's all reality... All I ever do is WVW... and of course, my main is GOM, so that says it all right now.

Dear GW2 Community,

The whining, dev finger pointing and bashing of Gaile has been completely unnecessary. Learn to control yourselves and emotions, and stop being so overly critical that another human made a mistake somewhere. Some of you are behaving as if the world will end, but guess what? It’s not...

The only error looks to be in the forum post, nothing more. And it’s wrong to be immature and jerkish to the Gaile, who is the community representative trying to help, who is not a developer and doesn’t have control over game functions... I reported the 4 threads, now 5, that were QQing about match ups (as per usual every relink) and all she had been is helpful. She could have just locked the threads and dismissed all the whining, but she didn’t... She actually took the time to investigate and clarify.

If any of you were to ever wonder why the devs have such strict rules on communication with the players, we need not look any further than this thread. Some of you take the game so seriously that it impairs your rational thinking and ability to type out mature responses... so I’d take a step back and maybe apologize for being overly dramatic and unreasonable to Gaile and the devs.

Final words.. Mistakes happen all the time, and each of you posting are not some beings of perfection, so do some self reflection this holiday on how some of you treat others, on the outside world and online...

Good luck!

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Dear GW2 Community,

>

> The whining, dev finger pointing and bashing of Gaile has been completely unnecessary. Learn to control yourselves and emotions, and stop being so overly critical that another human made a mistake somewhere. Some of you are behaving as if the world will end, but guess what? It’s not...

>

> The only error looks to be in the forum post, nothing more. And it’s wrong to be immature and jerkish to the Gaile, who is the community representative trying to help, who is not a developer and doesn’t have control over game functions... I reported the 4 threads, now 5, that were QQing about match ups (as per usual every relink) and all she had been is helpful. She could have just locked the threads and dismissed all the whining, but she didn’t... She actually took the time to investigate and clarify.

>

> If any of you were to ever wonder why the devs have such strict rules on communication with the players, we need not look any further than this thread. Some of you take the game so seriously that it impairs your rational thinking, and and ability to type out mature responses... so I’d take a step back and maybe apologize for being overly dramatic and unreasonable to Gaile and the devs.

>

> Final words.. Mistakes happen all the time, and each of you posting are not some beings of perfection, so do some self reflection this holiday on how some of you treat others, on the outside world and online...

>

> Good luck!

LOL Oh, well. It's okay to disagree with disagreements.

WvW community has the reputation of being loud and rude ever since the launch of this game and I'm sure this reputation is also similarily perceived by the employees of anet. No one likes to take insults and verbal abuse every day and I understand why it would be infuriating to deal with this part of the community.

Dealing with bunch of unreasonable internet know-it-all trolls whom have no realistic knowledge on software development process is tiring work. But it is not up to us to learn about software development process, and as a matter of fact, as a consumer, we don't give a kitten. All we want to see is the result and see that progress is being done. I am sure that the entire WvW team is doing their best to cater to our needs and I really appreciate their efforts. But what we also want to see is that anet, as the entire company, cares about our favourite game mode. We look at PvE with all their frequent quality updates with jealousy and frustration. I am sure if the positions were were reversed, it would be the PvE and PvP forum that would be a kitten hole.

I'll never forget this.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Dear GW2 Community,

>

> **The whining, dev finger pointing and bashing of Gaile** has been completely unnecessary. Learn to control yourselves and emotions, and stop being so overly critical that another human made a mistake somewhere. Some of you are behaving as if the world will end, but guess what? It’s not...

>

> **The only error looks to be in the forum post, nothing more**. And it’s wrong to be immature and jerkish to the Gaile, who is the community representative trying to help, who is not a developer and doesn’t have control over game functions... I reported the 4 threads, now 5, that were QQing about match ups (as per usual every relink) and all she had been is helpful. She could have just locked the threads and dismissed all the whining, but she didn’t... She actually took the time to investigate and clarify.

>

> If any of you were to ever wonder why the devs have such strict rules on communication with the players, we need not look any further than this thread. Some of you take the game so seriously that it impairs your rational thinking and ability to type out mature responses... **so I’d take a step back and maybe apologize for being overly dramatic and unreasonable to Gaile and the devs.**

>

> Final words.. **Mistakes happen all the time, and each of you posting are not some beings of perfection, so do some self reflection this holiday on how some of you treat others, on the outside world and online**...

>

> Good luck!

You are confused and/or misinformed.

What would you like them to be apologized to for?

Your own post here clearly details the problem. We, the community, are troubleshooting ANets game through the community representative on the forum for them. And in doing so are being scolded by said representative for being 'unhelpful'. It's neither our job, nor Gaile's job, but because whoever's job it is dropped the ball this is where we're at. No one was going to do anything (and may well still not) if the community didn't speak up. The community taking liberties with sarcasm and jabs at ANets expense when they clearly fumbled is hardly anything that should be apologized for.

Mistakes do happen all the time, I don't think anyone here expressed that they expected to be exempt from any responsibility for such mistakes....except maybe...... Could people display some manners and professionalism? Sure. Does that include ANet? Yup.