Full Counter: please increase CD to 15 seconds in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look, all the warriors come out in swarms to try and defend their obviously OP skill.

You cannot avoid full counter. Most AA's hit 3+ targets. Do you expect people to literally stop using their AA just because a single SB is around for fear of proccing it? It's a 1.5 second cast time too. That's 1.5 seconds of not attacking _anything_ because you'll be punished extremely harshly if you do. It's a great skill in that, yes, it does teach you not to spam your skills, but it punishes you too much. One FC can totally screw you. And you absolutely cannot avoid every FC against any decent SB. Make it a shorter cast time, reduce damage and/or increase CD. Traits are generally fine because they don't add a ton to the skill per trait. All of them together add a ton, but you sacrifice 3 other traits. I'm fine if it stays instant cast too. It's so close to being a skill that could actually be balanced, but as it stands, it needs some tweaking.

Spell breaker is a little too strong right now, simply because it has the same extreme power damage as most builds that can't survive against Condis and have the same power damage and interrupting capacity. As for thief fighting spellbreaker, interrupt their full counter. You can do it with a single auto followed by steal. As a spell breaker I interrupt other spellbreaker full counters when they don't have stab up using dagger 3. Mesmer can use f2 on power followed by daze mantra and put it on a long CD. If anything, spellbreaker are well designed because they force people not to ball on top of each other and spam melee aoe comps without thinking.

It honestly seems like l2p growing pains, tbh. In 1v1s, it's relatively easy to dodge if you've procced the counter (was just doing it this morning against decent spellbreakers (while I was playing core warrior)). In groups, SkyFurY already mentioned the most obvious counter... have your ranged classes focus the SB and it'll be dead in no time with very little blowback..

The only issue seems to be in group play when everyone gets in melee range, isn't organized, and/or doesn't pay attention to the SB. There's way more dangerous stuff running around at the moment.

> @Havok.6073 said:

> Oh look, more whiners come out because they can't work a bit harder for their victories. You CAN avoid full counter, if you are out of options and get hit by one, it's your fault, not the skill's. L2P.

I don't have issues with full counter except I really do think the 8 second cool down is a bit much in PvP...

The problem is that it does too many things on such a short cooldown PLUS it's on a profession that already doesn't have to waste a cast on heal. Thus, it makes the profession far too potent for so little skill. The cooldown absolutely needs to change so that there is at least some skill and decision to use it versus just spamming.

> @SPESHAL.9106 said:

> The problem is that it does too many things on such a short cooldown PLUS it's on a profession that already doesn't have to waste a cast on heal. Thus, it makes the profession far too potent for so little skill. The cooldown absolutely needs to change so that there is at least some skill and decision to use it versus just spamming.

Precisely, 15 secs for cd at least the very if you want to retain everything that it does right now.

> @BurrTheKing.8571 said:

> The most i would accept is a 10 second CD and have the daze only got the one who triggered it. Anything more and you'll destroy the sped and make it useless in all modes.

This.

People seem to think that Warrior shouldn't be viable. They just don't want to learn how to kite a melee class, so instead they cry and cry until anet nerfs and it becomes a trash class for the next season. This is because warrior is a class that has no stealth and is almost entirely confined to single target melee damage, as opposed to being able to 12345 a billion ranged AoE abilities like many of the other classes. As a result of these limitations, Warrior *has* to be tough to kill or else it immediately becomes fodder.

Hopefully anet has learned to ignore the over-reaction people have this time.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @BurrTheKing.8571 said:

> > The most i would accept is a 10 second CD and have the daze only got the one who triggered it. Anything more and you'll destroy the sped and make it useless in all modes.

>

> This.

>

> People seem to think that Warrior shouldn't be viable. They just don't want to learn how to kite a melee class, so instead they cry and cry until anet nerfs and it becomes a trash class for the next season. This is because warrior is a class that has no stealth and is almost entirely confined to single target melee damage, as opposed to being able to 12345 a billion ranged AoE abilities like many of the other classes. As a result of these limitations, Warrior *has* to be tough to kill or else it immediately becomes fodder.

>

> Hopefully anet has learned to ignore the over-reaction people have this time.

Yeah, as if any class but thief or druid could actually kite a greatsword warrior. Nobody's buying your BS.

A necro isn't going to kite a warrior, a guardian isn't going to kite a warrior. An engineer is not going to kite a warrior, and especially an elementalist isn't going to kite a warrior.

Drop the crap.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> Cry me a river! This warrior skill is needed for WvW sergs and it's fine as it is, learn to play and stop spamming your skills! The Burst has a very clear animation and a very short duration, SO STOP SPAMMING YOUR kitten SKILLS LIKE A BRAINLESS ZOMBIE. If done correctly, the warrior should never use full counter because it depends on YOU (the attacker) to activate it.

But... that's what spellbreaker is doing? If not 1v1 against other spellbreaker... spamming all their bursts, getting all traits procced, getting FC trigggered by pets, clones etc and getting adrenaline health.

So why should they get freepass, if other classes are facing hard time to counter everything? And why would warrior skill be needed for zergs, if neither zerg uses it? Warriors are unkillable in WvW 1v1 and sometimes even with more people. None of the classes should have Godmode in any gamemode.

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > @BurrTheKing.8571 said:

> > > The most i would accept is a 10 second CD and have the daze only got the one who triggered it. Anything more and you'll destroy the sped and make it useless in all modes.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > People seem to think that Warrior shouldn't be viable. They just don't want to learn how to kite a melee class, so instead they cry and cry until anet nerfs and it becomes a trash class for the next season. This is because warrior is a class that has no stealth and is almost entirely confined to single target melee damage, as opposed to being able to 12345 a billion ranged AoE abilities like many of the other classes. As a result of these limitations, Warrior *has* to be tough to kill or else it immediately becomes fodder.

> >

> > Hopefully anet has learned to ignore the over-reaction people have this time.

>

> Yeah, as if any class but thief or druid could actually kite a greatsword warrior. Nobody's buying your BS.

>

> A necro isn't going to kite a warrior, a guardian isn't going to kite a warrior. An engineer is not going to kite a warrior, and especially an elementalist isn't going to kite a warrior.

>

> Drop the crap.

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > @BurrTheKing.8571 said:

> > > The most i would accept is a 10 second CD and have the daze only got the one who triggered it. Anything more and you'll destroy the sped and make it useless in all modes.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > People seem to think that Warrior shouldn't be viable. They just don't want to learn how to kite a melee class, so instead they cry and cry until anet nerfs and it becomes a trash class for the next season. This is because warrior is a class that has no stealth and is almost entirely confined to single target melee damage, as opposed to being able to 12345 a billion ranged AoE abilities like many of the other classes. As a result of these limitations, Warrior *has* to be tough to kill or else it immediately becomes fodder.

> >

> > Hopefully anet has learned to ignore the over-reaction people have this time.

>

> Yeah, as if any class but thief or druid could actually kite a greatsword warrior. Nobody's buying your BS.

>

> A necro isn't going to kite a warrior, a guardian isn't going to kite a warrior. An engineer is not going to kite a warrior, and especially an elementalist isn't going to kite a warrior.

>

> Drop the crap.

The only class that can't kite is Necro. Guardian doesn't have to.

If you think the other classes you mentioned can't, you don't know how to kite.

cry cry cry... scourge has to much condi ..... deadeye long range and a highdmg 1hit kill skill if u are to supid to doge ..... spellbreaker has aoe daze/block with dmg and if traited other effects .... soulbeast oh no op pet helpppppppppp........ holosmith hurtttttttttttttt ouch noesssssss..

please nerf all classes and make a class just for me with godmode so i can have fun becaause i have 0 skill in this game.

thank you anet.

> @SkyFurY.6057 said:

> cry cry cry... scourge has to much condi ..... deadeye long range and a highdmg 1hit kill skill if u are to supid to doge ..... spellbreaker has aoe daze/block with dmg and if traited other effects .... soulbeast oh no op pet helpppppppppp........ holosmith hurtttttttttttttt ouch noesssssss..

>

> please nerf all classes and make a class just for me with godmode so i can have fun becaause i have 0 skill in this game.

> thank you anet.

lol. You play spellbreaker. I know it. I'm not surprised you don't want nerfs to any class. You don't have problem with any of them.

For a start, I would just really like to see it not proc from my clones auto attack while on a mesmer! right now a spellbreaker can just freely trigger it whenever they want... Minions in general shouldt trigger it, that or maybe give it a dmg minimum it needs to absorb? like 1000 dmg, would atleast fix the clones triggering it.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > @SkyFurY.6057 said:

> > cry cry cry... scourge has to much condi ..... deadeye long range and a highdmg 1hit kill skill if u are to supid to doge ..... spellbreaker has aoe daze/block with dmg and if traited other effects .... soulbeast oh no op pet helpppppppppp........ holosmith hurtttttttttttttt ouch noesssssss..

> >

> > please nerf all classes and make a class just for me with godmode so i can have fun becaause i have 0 skill in this game.

> > thank you anet.

>

> lol. You play spellbreaker. I know it. I'm not surprised you don't want nerfs to any class. You don't have problem with any of them.

Implying a class should be nerfed because you have troubles with it

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > @SkyFurY.6057 said:

> > > cry cry cry... scourge has to much condi ..... deadeye long range and a highdmg 1hit kill skill if u are to supid to doge ..... spellbreaker has aoe daze/block with dmg and if traited other effects .... soulbeast oh no op pet helpppppppppp........ holosmith hurtttttttttttttt ouch noesssssss..

> > >

> > > please nerf all classes and make a class just for me with godmode so i can have fun becaause i have 0 skill in this game.

> > > thank you anet.

> >

> > lol. You play spellbreaker. I know it. I'm not surprised you don't want nerfs to any class. You don't have problem with any of them.

>

> Implying a class should be nerfed because you have troubles with it

No, I mean that ofc those, who play broken classes are here raging, when people are giving ideas how to bring those classes to same level with other classes.

> @JVJD.4912 said:

> and here i thought the duration of the spell needs to last longer cause most of the time its gets wasted

>

> Warriors have always sucked in pvp and are hardly represent in the legendary category, i think we can give them this niche to bridge that gap

Always sucked in PvP? lol

Warrior was meta many many times in PvP, just has a habit of going back and forth between gamebreaking and useless.